Author Topic: Billy Jack has dies  (Read 1612 times)

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Billy Jack has dies
« on: December 16, 2013, 08:02:13 PM »
Tom Laughlin, the creator of the Billy Jack movies has died at 82

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/12/16/tom-laughlin-dead-at-82-billy-jack-creator/

I was into these movies at the time but later lost interest because I saw them as liberal causes.
Recently watched some again and had a whole new perspective
Billy Jack was a hero battling tyranny and a corrupt system.
Just what we have now

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Billy Jack has dies
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 10:35:24 PM »
I loved the Billy Jack movie. What a delicious crap-fest that was! And yea - it was as much about my state of mind at the time as it was his. My brothers and I were studying martial arts and comparative religion plus mysticism during those days.

So we were running a roughly parallel track to Laughlin's character. I (unlike my brothers) was coming from a hippie perspective but not a leftist hippie (yea, I know - quite the contradiction). But even as idealistic as I was in those days it couldn't compare for the naivety that Tom splashed on the screen.

I sure did like the fight scenes though.

"You see this foot? I'm gonna put this foot upside of your head and there's not a damned thing you can do about it"

Brilliant  ;)

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 10:44:42 PM »
After I saw him drive that big block Corvette into the lake, he lost me......dumbass Hollyweird Liberal. Watched one recently and thought every bit of it was ridiculous. Even more so today after reading about the reservation system and their corruption.

Hopefully he atoned for his sin of liberal mental disorder, RIP.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 07:23:33 AM »
From the link - "He ran for president as both a Republican and Democrat and founded a Montessori school in California. He was an opponent of nuclear energy and a longtime advocate for Native Americans and bonded with another actor-activist, Marlon Brando."

Sounds a bit scatter-brained...

And "activists" in general?   ::mooning::

So, what was better, the original or the re-make?

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 12:39:39 PM »
From the link - "He ran for president as both a Republican and Democrat and founded a Montessori school in California. He was an opponent of nuclear energy and a longtime advocate for Native Americans and bonded with another actor-activist, Marlon Brando."

IMO Laughlin was the quintessential leftist - loads of passion without an ounce of reason or common sense. He had his own sense of right & wrong but it was functionally relativistic and permeable.

He reduced issues beyond simplistic and into simple-minded. When he would attempt to articulate his positions they usually came out as a garbled mish-mash of sloganistic rhetoric. In other words he probably felt as though he knew what he knew but couldn't tell you in plain English why.

The degree to which his first movie worked was because he reduced his protagonists to the level of cardboard standups. That made it easy to hate the (white) landowner and love the little indian chirren.

His sequel was worse than the original - it was overbearing in its pontificating and endless condescending lecturing.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 02:08:46 PM »

IMO Laughlin was the quintessential leftist - loads of passion without an ounce of reason or common sense. He had his own sense of right & wrong but it was functionally relativistic and permeable.

He reduced issues beyond simplistic and into simple-minded. When he would attempt to articulate his positions they usually came out as a garbled mish-mash of sloganistic rhetoric. In other words he probably felt as though he knew what he knew but couldn't tell you in plain English why.

The degree to which his first movie worked was because he reduced his protagonists to the level of cardboard standups. That made it easy to hate the (white) landowner and love the little indian chirren.

His sequel was worse than the original - it was overbearing in its pontificating and endless condescending lecturing.

Agreed.  And for the latter really really agree!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 04:14:06 PM »

"You see this foot? I'm gonna put this foot upside of your head and there's not a damned thing you can do about it"

Brilliant  ;)

Sure brings back memories, but the reality- this old fart would hurt himself if I tried that anymore.  I can still do enough to be dangerous though -- to myself! ::laughonfloor::
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday