Author Topic: Juan Williams - Another Idiot Screaming for Negative Attention  (Read 1040 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Juan Williams - Another Idiot Screaming for Negative Attention
« on: December 17, 2013, 11:40:45 AM »
“And in Jesus’s case, I read Killing Jesus. It’s not a case here. A man born in Palestine, Jewish. It’s more likely he is Arab or even Oriental Asian or maybe even a Moor, than white.“

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/12/nutty-juan-williams-jesus-was-likely-oriental-asian-or-a-moor-video/

Hmm...lots of versus about House of David in the Bible...

What the heck is Juan reading?  Whatever it is he can flush it! 

Jesus, decendant of David...the Palestinian?  The Arab?  The Oriental?  The Moor? 

Really, Moor? 

::hysterical::

Anybody care to guess what period of history they came along in?

What a moron!

Wait, that is an insult to common morons...Juan is an extreme moron!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Re: Juan Williams - Another Idiot Screaming for Negative Attention
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 02:08:39 PM »
John Williams is a jerk. I mute the TV and read something if he shows up on any program.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 02:11:58 PM »
Less expensive that replacing bullet-riddled TV's!   ::rolllaughing::

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 02:15:03 PM »
Less expensive that replacing bullet-riddled TV's!   ::rolllaughing::

::thumbsup:: ::laughonfloor:: ::laughonfloor:: ::laughonfloor:: ::laughonfloor:: ::laughonfloor::
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 10:09:51 AM »
Does anyone give a crap what color Jesus was? I sure don't. I assume he looked like an ethnic Jew. That's a pretty broad spectrum.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 10:33:16 AM »
Does anyone give a crap what color Jesus was? I sure don't. I assume he looked like an ethnic Jew. That's a pretty broad spectrum.

I'm intrigued by Rembrandt's depiction of Jesus. He painted several likeness most likely using young Jewish rabbis in his neighborhood. Now this doesn't prove what Jesus looked like but I find it more interesting than Juan's stupid comments.

from an exhibit at the Detroit Art Museum:
In the 1640s, Rembrandt developed a radically different concept. He was the first Western artist to present Jesus as Jewish, likely based on models from Amsterdam's vibrant Jewish neighborhood where he lived and worked. Additionally, he depicted Jesus as vulnerable and humble, one whose existence compelled reverence in the minds and imaginations of those around him.

Two masterpieces in the exhibition illustrate the significant shift in Rembrandt’s approach: Supper at Emmaus, a hauntingly beautiful painting of the biblical account of Jesus’ appearance to his followers after his resurrection; and Christ Healing the Sick, also known as The Hundred Guilder Print, which shows Jesus preaching before a crowd. The Hundred Guilder Print showcases Rembrandt’s unparalleled mastery of printmaking, as every printmaking style and technique in his repertoire was used to create its stunning effect.

link

faces of Jesus

picture #5 in this collection is the one I find fascinating

In posing an ethnographically correct model and using a human face to depict Jesus, Rembrandt overturned the entire history of Christian art, which had previously relied on rigidly copied prototypes for Christ.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 11:48:58 AM »
Jewish.

I have no problem with that.  He is Jewish!

And when "modern science" takes a stab at it...guess what?

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/health/forensics/1282186

http://www.wnd.com/2010/03/131177/

Hebrew!

It's settled!

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 02:54:32 PM »
Juan was claiming to be a libertarian the other day too.   Least they were laughing at him on the air. 

He is about as far from being a libertarian as you can get. 

Offline Magnum

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 05:22:49 PM »
Long before the Passion of the Christ came out with the "ethnic looking Jesus" I was often kidded that I looked like a Jewish Jesus ;D. Regretfully my lifestyle for many years brought disgrace to His Holy name :'(.

But now that my hair is fast turning gray someone told me at church.......... looking at you reminds me what Jesus may have looked like if he came as an old man. Ha Ha  ::pokeineye::

My mother had curly black hair, dark eyes and was olive complected. A friend of my brother can trace her linage back to King Saul. She is blonde haired and has blue eyes. Reenforcing what IDP said  "That's a pretty broad spectrum...................

So I like IDP, I do not care what Jesus looked like but it seems to me since the Bible speaks much about the linage of Jesus it is important for us to know that He is Jewish and will come back to judge as the Lion from the tribe of Judah.

Revelation 5:4-5

4 Then I began to weep bitterly because no one was found worthy to open the scroll and read it. 5 But one of the twenty-four elders said to me, “Stop weeping! Look, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the heir to David’s throne, has won the victory. He is worthy to open the scroll and its seven seals.”

I think I posted some of this before........... When my wonderful mother died 10 years ago I found out I may be from Jewish linage. I immersed myself in Messianic Judaism but it wasn't until I was reading Dr. Brown's book "The Real Kosher Jesus" that it hit me.  God has given the Jewish people the tremendous honor and responsibility to be chosen. Chosen for what? To be a blessing and a light to all the nations of the world. To declare God praises and His word among the peoples so as to make God through Jesus known to the nations. The sacred calling of the Jewish people then is to proclaim what God has said and done and to be a Missionary to the world and proclaim Jesus to all people................
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 06:07:40 PM by Magnum »
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2013, 07:31:36 AM »
Good post Mag's!   ::thumbsup::

May the Lion of Judah watch over us all.