Author Topic: How the EPA Plans to Kill Jobs and Reduce Your Income  (Read 982 times)

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
How the EPA Plans to Kill Jobs and Reduce Your Income
« on: December 17, 2013, 09:39:19 PM »
One more reason to, uhm...<3 the little Muslim bastard...

Amy Payne | December 17, 2013 at 6:30 am
http://blog.heritage.org/2013/12/17/epa-plans-kill-jobs-reduce-income/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

How’s your heating bill? If you feel like you’re not paying enough, you’re in luck.

President Obama’s Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is pushing new regulations on power plants—regulations that will kill jobs, jack up your energy costs, and even end up reducing families’ income because of the impact on the prices of everything you buy.

As Heritage experts Nicolas Loris, Kevin Dayaratna, and David Kreutzer explain:

These regulations will act as a major energy tax that would negatively impact American households. Americans will suffer through higher energy bills, but also through higher prices for goods and services, slowing the economy and crippling the manufacturing sector.

…It will cost more to heat, cool, and light homes, and to cook meals. These higher energy prices will also have rippling effects throughout the economy. As energy prices increase, the cost of making products rises.

The EPA’s war is against coal, which is the main source of electricity for 21 states. In their research, Heritage experts analyzed a phase-out of coal (thanks to the EPA’s regulations) between 2015 and 2038.

Here are their dire warnings. By the end of 2023, they project:

• Employment falls by nearly 600,000 jobs (270,000 in manufacturing).
  • Coal-mining jobs drop 30 percent.
  • A family of four’s annual income drops more than $1,200 per year, and its total income drops by nearly $24,400 over the entire period of analysis.

And for what?

Certainly not helping the environment. The authors sum it up: “President Obama’s climate plan would have a chilling effect on the economy, not the climate.”

MB12.16

They explain that “regulations aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions will have no meaningful effect on global climate change. The EPA admitted this in its own proposed rule.”

So—hundreds of thousands of lost jobs, thousands in lost income, higher prices across the board—and “no noticeable climate impact.” That’s what these regulations mean.

It’s important to remember that these rules are being developed by unelected bureaucrats at the whim of the Obama Administration. We’ve already learned that the Administration delayed a number of controversial regulations, including energy-related ones, conveniently until after the 2012 election. Why? Because they’re harmful to Americans.

The authority to make such sweeping changes doesn’t belong to these unelected bureaucrats, the Heritage experts say. Congress should take back its power and prevent these rules from inflicting harm on the economy—and our wallets.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Proverbs 3:12
New King Barack Version (NKBV)

12 For whom the Obama loves He regulates,
Just as a father the son in whom he delights [to, uhm...torture].

Muzzie 12:6
New Regal A$$wipe Version (NRAV)
For whom the Obama loves He chastens,
And scourges every subject whom He receives.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 09:46:40 PM by Pablo de Fleurs »
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline KittenClaws

Re: How the EPA Plans to Kill Jobs and Reduce Your Income
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 09:51:02 PM »
One more reason to, uhm...<3 the little Muslim bastard...

Amy Payne | December 17, 2013 at 6:30 am
http://blog.heritage.org/2013/12/17/epa-plans-kill-jobs-reduce-income/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

How’s your heating bill? If you feel like you’re not paying enough, you’re in luck.

President Obama’s Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is pushing new regulations on power plants—regulations that will kill jobs, jack up your energy costs, and even end up reducing families’ income because of the impact on the prices of everything you buy.

As Heritage experts Nicolas Loris, Kevin Dayaratna, and David Kreutzer explain:

These regulations will act as a major energy tax that would negatively impact American households. Americans will suffer through higher energy bills, but also through higher prices for goods and services, slowing the economy and crippling the manufacturing sector.

…It will cost more to heat, cool, and light homes, and to cook meals. These higher energy prices will also have rippling effects throughout the economy. As energy prices increase, the cost of making products rises.

The EPA’s war is against coal, which is the main source of electricity for 21 states. In their research, Heritage experts analyzed a phase-out of coal (thanks to the EPA’s regulations) between 2015 and 2038.

Here are their dire warnings. By the end of 2023, they project:

• Employment falls by nearly 600,000 jobs (270,000 in manufacturing).
  • Coal-mining jobs drop 30 percent.
  • A family of four’s annual income drops more than $1,200 per year, and its total income drops by nearly $24,400 over the entire period of analysis.

And for what?

Certainly not helping the environment. The authors sum it up: “President Obama’s climate plan would have a chilling effect on the economy, not the climate.”

MB12.16

They explain that “regulations aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions will have no meaningful effect on global climate change. The EPA admitted this in its own proposed rule.”

So—hundreds of thousands of lost jobs, thousands in lost income, higher prices across the board—and “no noticeable climate impact.” That’s what these regulations mean.

It’s important to remember that these rules are being developed by unelected bureaucrats at the whim of the Obama Administration. We’ve already learned that the Administration delayed a number of controversial regulations, including energy-related ones, conveniently until after the 2012 election. Why? Because they’re harmful to Americans.

The authority to make such sweeping changes doesn’t belong to these unelected bureaucrats, the Heritage experts say. Congress should take back its power and prevent these rules from inflicting harm on the economy—and our wallets.

The congress is complicit, their power has been null and void by their own choice.

We are on our own.

As for me, I'll freeze or sweat very drop of moisture from my body before I call "uncle"
"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson

“... sad moral of all human tales; ’Tis but the same rehearsal of the past; First freedom, and then glory—when that fails, Wealth, vice, corruption, barbarism at last.” – Roman Historian, Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 10:24:22 PM »
In a low-energy, subsistence-only economy, where an individual's life consists solely of actions performed to keep him alive, there is no "extra" time, and certainly no pool of "extra" resources, with which to attend to developing crises, including crises that can be clearly foreseen. An economy locked into a subsistence-only pattern will inevitably experience the sort of degradation that beset the Easter Islanders, precisely because its members will have no way to avert nor escape it without endangering their immediate survival.

Are the trees falling? Is the moisture departing the soil? Are rats overrunning the island and eliminating what little prospect of agriculture might remain? Nothing to be done about it just now; we're all too hungry. Besides, the search for potable water takes what little time we have left after we've harvested and consumed the morning's ration of rat tartare.

Only a high-energy economy can cope with such developments. First, it provides its members with the economic signals -- prices -- required to foretell a looming crisis. Second, it accumulates the resources needed to cope with such a development. Third and finally, it enables its members to work against it without sacrificing the needs of immediate survival. Where subsistence economies dwindle and die, high-energy trade-based economies adapt and prosper still further.

Which sort of economy was that of Easter Island?

http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2013/12/failurists.html
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 06:17:39 PM »
That was some piece , Pan, thanks. ::thumbsup::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 10:03:57 PM »
My pleasure.  I wish I could write the way some do.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 03:31:37 PM »
I wish I could stop thinking so many bad thoughts. But these progressives make that an impossibility! So I continue thinking...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.