Author Topic: Ray Price  (Read 856 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Ray Price
« on: December 17, 2013, 07:53:27 PM »
Ray Price dead: Country music legend was 87
Published December 16, 2013
Associated Press

Good friends like Willie Nelson and Merle haggard got more credit for their contrary ways and trend-setting ideas, but it was Ray Price who set the precedent for change in country music more than a decade earlier.

Price passed away Monday at his Texas home, having long outlasted most of his country music contemporaries and the prognosis doctors gave him when they discovered his pancreatic cancer in 2011. He was 87.

The way the Country Music Hall of Fame member fought cancer was an apt metaphor for the way he lived his life, always fiercely charting a path few others might have the fortitude to follow.

Along the way he changed the sound of country music, collaborated and inspired the genre's biggest stars and remained relevant for more than half a century.

RIP, Mr. Price.   :'(   ::USA::   ::praying::

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/12/16/ray-price-dead-country-music-legend-was-87/
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Ray Price
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 04:38:00 AM »
 ::praying::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Ray Price
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 06:57:07 AM »
From the link -

At the time, his wife, Janie Price, relayed what she called her husband's "final message" to his fans: "I love my fans and have devoted my life to reaching out to them. I appreciate their support all these years, and I hope I haven't let them down. I am at peace. I love Jesus. I'm going to be just fine. Don't worry about me. I'll see you again one day."

::thumbsup::

R.I.P. Ray.

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.