Author Topic: CIA Director John Brennan was Behind the ‘Serious’ Underwear Bomber Leak  (Read 823 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Judicial Watch Obtains Transcript Revealing that CIA Director John Brennan was Behind the ‘Serious’ Underwear Bomber Leak

by
BRYAN PRESTON

December 17, 2013 - 12:06 pm

Judicial Watch has obtained a full transcript of a teleconference between then White House top counterterrorism adviser John Brennan and members of the media. Brennan is now the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency.

During the May 7, 2012 conference call, Brennan twice told TV terrorism consultants that US intelligence had “inside control” of a May 2012 terror plot. Brennan’s disclosure made headlines quickly, with Reuters reporting a few days later:

The next day’s headlines were filled with news of a U.S. spy planted inside Yemen-based Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), who had acquired the latest, non-metallic model of the underwear bomb and handed it over to U.S. authorities.

At stake was an operation that could not have been more sensitive — the successful penetration by Western spies of AQAP, al Qaeda’s most creative and lethal affiliate. As a result of leaks, the undercover operation had to be shut down.

The leak became the subject of intense scrutiny in Washington, with Attorney General Eric Holder describing it as “within the two or three most serious leaks that I have ever seen.” He pledged to get to the bottom of it, but no leaker was identified.

Judicial Watch sued the government to obtain the transcript of the May 7 call. Brennan convened the call, and included a who’s who of TV terrorism consultants from ABC, NBC, CNN, and CBS that included Caitlin Hayden, Frances Townsend, Richard Clarke, and others. So, without question, Brennan knew he was speaking with media on the call.

According to the transcript, at the beginning of the call, Brennan discussed the “underwear bomb” plot, in which Yemen-based al Qaeda was said to have developed lethal new technology to attack and bring down airliners.

BRENNAN: The device itself, as I think the FBI statement said quite clearly, never posed a threat to the American public or the public … Well, as we, well know, al Qaeda has tried to carry out simultaneous types of attacks, and so we were confident that we had inside control over the – any plot that might have been associated with this device.

CLARKE: If it gets asked. There was no active threat because we had insider control …

BRENNAN: I would not disagree with the way you put that, at all.

Brennan later defended his comments in his February 2013 Senate Intelligence Committee confirmation hearing. At the same time, he admitted to Sen. James Risch (R-ID) that he had leaked the “inside control” information. Risch characterized that leak as “the leak the Justice Department is looking for”:

Treason = Death Penalty.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2013/12/17/judicial-watch-obtains-transcript-revealing-that-cia-director-john-brennan-was-behind-the-serious-underwear-bomber-leak/
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
 ::falldownshocked::

Not.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Ahhh....so that's why they want the death penalty removed...'ol John must have compromising pics of Barry, Reggie, Boehner & Reid!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Ahhh....so that's why they want the death penalty removed...'ol John must have compromising pics of Barry, Reggie, Boehner & Reid!

Toldja.  They want the ultimate penalty for their crimes removed.  Won't stop them from imposing them on us, though.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!

Toldja.  They want the ultimate penalty for their crimes removed.  Won't stop them from imposing them on us, though.

Yeah, you told me.  I'll never doubt you (much) again!   ;)

;D

Seriously though...can even the sick sorry and sad GOP...as compromised as it is...let this change become law?

I guess we'll see how truely stupid they are...again...   ::pullhair::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars

Yeah, you told me.  I'll never doubt you (much) again!   ;)

;D

Seriously though...can even the sick sorry and sad GOP...as compromised as it is...let this change become law?

I guess we'll see how truely stupid they are...again...   ::pullhair::

Of course they will, they are just as guilty of TREASON and the left.
Eschew Obfuscation