Author Topic: In a Duck's what?  (Read 11599 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Re: In a Duck's what?
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2013, 12:31:19 AM »
And what's crazy? A&E is running a "Duck Dynasty" marathon this weekend. Guess who's on those programs?  ::thinking::
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2013, 04:39:48 AM »
Woohoo...this is generating a lot of steam: both publicly & personally:

2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2013, 06:41:17 AM »
I wonder how the Robertsons will survive without all of the gay duck hunters watching the show and buying calls? ::exitstageleft::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2013, 07:06:32 AM »
I wonder how the Robertsons will survive without all of the gay duck hunters watching the show and buying calls? ::exitstageleft::

Two gay duck hunters are deep in the woods, unsuccessful in their hunting. Bored, 1 says to the other, "I know, let's play Hide & Seek!"

"Oh goody" says the 2nd "what are the rules?"

"I hide, and if you find me, I'll give you a BJ" says his partner.

"Bu...but...suppose I don't find you?" whimpers the 2nd

"Oh, I'll be right over there, behind the big oak tree!"
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2013, 07:16:33 AM »
As popular as they are these people could start their own network and leave A&E in the dust.

Maybe then A&E can go full-time queer and all will be happy.

Lemme know if that letter ever gets a response...I bet it will only generate silence.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2013, 07:52:55 AM »
I've seen people say that the rest of the Robertsons should boycott the show.
I'm not sure.
If they feel that their mission or calling to to provide an example and witness to their faith, they should continue.

This show has given them a pulpit bigger than any they could have ever gotten on their own.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2013, 08:16:35 AM »
True, but they can choose the time of their departure, and make any comment they want on the way out.  If the network censors it, that too will come out and their fame and the networks shame will be as it will.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2013, 09:05:52 AM »
True, but they can choose the time of their departure, and make any comment they want on the way out.  If the network censors it, that too will come out and their fame and the networks shame will be as it will.
Its a Pulpit of the type they gave Katniss. They don't need it or want it  if they don't have editorial control. 

If they want a pulpit to speak from they start their own network and their  own show. Heck,  they could hire a film crew, take their sponsors and distribute their show on the internet only.  Make deals with Amazon, itunes, netflix and Hulu to distribute it over their systems as well.   At some point all content will be A la Carte.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2013, 09:17:32 AM »
Phil Robertson in a Diversity Training course, amongst a bunch of Pajama Boy types?

I'd pay to watch that.   ::popcorn::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2013, 01:29:19 PM »
If Duck Dynasty moves to Beck, A&E has their replacement.  Apologies for this once, not filtering the language, but this one deserves a home here, as it's today's internets winner.

::laughonfloor::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2013, 01:38:07 PM »
I've never watched it but I really think this is just the program that could make the jump to another venue and be wildly successful.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2013, 01:54:33 PM »
If Duck Dynasty moves to Beck, A&E has their replacement.  Apologies for this once, not filtering the language, but this one deserves a home here, as it's today's internets winner.

::laughonfloor::

See...& raise...
 ::laughonfloor:: ::laughonfloor::

Offline Magnum

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2013, 05:01:58 PM »

In a Duck's What?

From
: "PablodeFleurs" <xxx@xxx.com>

To
: Abbe.Raven@aetn.co, whitney.goit@aetn.com, robert.debitetto@aetn.com, colleen.conway@aetn.com, ae.viewerrelations@aetv.com
Sent: Thu, Dec 19, 2013 09:53 PM

Dear Y'all,

Did you know that you can stick a brand new, sharpened pencil in the ear canal? It fits - almost 1/2 way before you'd reach your brain!
Humans can also stick 6" replicas of the empire state building into their nostrils (painful, but you can do it!)...

...but that doesn't mean you should. It'd be pretty perverted & not at all normal.

Likewise with the anus. The anus is an exit strategy waiting to happen. Luckily for me it occurs exactly between my morning cup of Kimono Dragon coffee & my AM run. Bingo. Magic. Lose 2 pounds & I'm off for 5 or six miles. But, aside from a little hemorrhoid ointment, now & again…I never stick anything UP my anus. Why (I can hear you asking over the ether)??

· It’s uncomfortable
· It leads to an eventual loss of elasticity
· It leads to anal cancer
· Penises, when inserted, especially lead to HIV & AIDS…and semen does a pretty good job at pock marking & burrowing into the soft lining of the intestine (that’s it’s, uhm job…burrowing)
· And it’s, uhm…f*cking perverted (see the ear & nose example, above)

But the vagina? That’s way different kids. It’ll take tampons, fingers, tongues (yum!) as well as penises day in & day out and work just fine! Yep, to quote John Cameron Swayze; “It takes a licking & keep on ticking!” (literally!) – but of course that’s ‘cause it’s what it’s designed to do (in the course of monogamous, marital relationships, mind you)

Just because you’ve grown accustomed to the marketing & cultural assault of faggots & sodomites – and their assertions that what they do is simply an “alternative” lifestyle (which it’s not, it’s pure perversion), you really shouldn’t mess with the free expression of ideas, especially when expressed in a non-hateful manner as did Phil Robertson.

But you did and now you're f**ked. Good luck with that.

Sincerely,

Pablo de Fleurs

Thank you Pablo.

One of the most fascinating classes I took in Graduate school was Immunology. Another of the many reasons I believe in the God of the Bible. Our immune systems are extremely complex but wonderfully created. Through a complex process if Macrophages, B helper cells, T cells, interleukin signalling....... and a cornucopia of other actors, the body can literally attack and destroy millions upon millions of different antigens. I heard from an honest professor the truth about AIDS.

Anyway, as Pablo stated homosexual practices takes a physical toll on the human body. Many homosexuals have suppressed immune systems from sperm entering the blood stream trough the thin cellular walls of the anal canal which reeks havoc with T-helper cells and thus immno compromising the participants, leading to cancers, AIDS, hepatitis B, and many other diseases that could be easily destroyed by a healthy immune system. Many are having to wear a colostomy’s bags due to their life styles. Many too will contact hepatitis A due to ingesting of feces and more many will be infected with amoeba, giardia, and shigella colonies due to the same practices aka Gay Bowel Syndrome. All of which can lead to premature death.

I have seen many beautiful things in my life such as sitting atop the Rockies as the sun is setting. Fishing on the Lakes in Northern Minnesocold. Driving up the Pacific Coast Highway on the left coast. However, nothing to me is more beautiful or enjoyable as a women's body.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 06:51:54 PM by Magnum »
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2013, 06:28:35 PM »
Thanks for the medically based backup, Magnum. As a friend of mine is fond of saying. "Don't use the word 'assh*le' in a derogatory manner. I really like mine - it functions perfectly when used as designed."  ;D

I sent them all a quick, follow up email today:

To:Abbe.Raven@aetn.com, whitney.goit@aetn.com, robert.debitetto@aetn.com, colleen.conway@aetn.com, ae.viewerrelations@aetv.com
Sent: Fri, Dec 20, 2013 06:30 PM

Busy reading, boys, girls & transgender freaks...???

Or has the cat got yr collective crotch(es)??

No response. None anticipated (dang).

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2013, 10:06:09 PM »
God bless Alliance Defending Freedom.

Why the Duck Dynasty Saga Gives TWO Reasons for Hope this Christmas
Thanks to Phil Robertson, GQ magazine, and A&E, two great dialogues have begun which should give all Americans hope for the future
by Alliance Defending Freedom | Posted Dec 20, 2013
http://blog.alliancedefendingfreedom.org/2013/12/20/why-the-duck-dynasty-saga-gives-two-reasons-for-hope-this-christmas/

First, it is refreshing that a few on the left understand what is really at stake here.   Yes, we disagree about the underlying issues, but at least we agree that there should be a robust dialogue on this.  Silencing speech does nothing but to reinforce the notion that some would “win” at all costs – even the cost of someone’s freedom.

Contrary to what one judge said in an Alliance Defending Freedom New Mexico speech case, fforfeiting your First Amendment rights is NOT “the price of citizenship.”   The price of citizenship is having to hear ideas and opinions that you don’t agree with.  The duty of citizenship is to seek the truth and apply those truths in developing public policy.  But the truth cannot be discovered when elitists stifle debate.  Rather truth is exchanged for propaganda or mandatory conformity.

Read two great evidences of intellectual honesty and goodwill from folks on the Left who publicly endorse both homosexual behavior and same-sex marriage:

The ‘Duck Dynasty’ Fiasco Says More About Our Bigotry Than Phil’s: Why is our go-to political strategy for beating our opponents to slience them? Why do we dismiss, rather than engage them?
    Duck Dynasty uproar ‘utterly fascist, utterly Stalinist’

Second, it gives us a moment to remember that there are brothers and sisters among us who wrestle, or have wrestled, with same-sex attraction (SSA) – who know that any sexual behavior outside of God’s design for a married husband and wife is sin – and who are sometimes inadvertently injured by the tone and tenor of how it can be presented.

Whenever believers downplay the inner turmoil these brothers and sisters face with SSA, it can unintentionally cause those who have dealt with SSA to feel even more discouraged as Christians, even more disheartened by their past (or present), and gain even more of a sense that there is no place for them among the Body of Christ.

We want to bless, not burden, someone trying to find peace and joy in their journey to overcome same-sex attraction.

Sadly, the opportunity to focus more on this particular dialogue has been denied us through the reaction of A&E to join the speech police and punish Phil for even expressing his opinion. Instead they added to the growing list of attacks on all Americans freedom of conscience. Chick-fil-A, Pastor Louis Giglio, and our own clients like Elane Photography, Arlene’s Flowers, or Conestoga Wood Specialties (fighting against Obamacare’s Abortion Pill Mandate) have all faced the cowardly and intolerant reaction of a culture that fears any opposition to what is not currently “politically correct.” It has become the war-cry of too many on the Left; and it threatens the entire American way of life.

Still, we cannot help but be greatly encouraged and hopeful for a vast future in America if more of these types of honest dialogues continue – and are joined by more people of goodwill all across this great land.

May God bless us, every one.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2013, 12:56:38 AM »
...homosexual practices takes a physical toll on the human body. Many homosexuals have suppressed immune systems from sperm entering the blood stream trough the thin cellular walls of the anal canal which reeks havoc with T-helper cells and thus immno compromising the participants, leading to cancers, AIDS, hepatitis B, and many other diseases that could be easily destroyed by a healthy immune system. Many are having to wear a colostomy’s bags due to their life styles. Many too will contact hepatitis A due to ingesting of feces and more many will be infected with amoeba, giardia, and shigella colonies due to the same practices aka Gay Bowel Syndrome. All of which can lead to premature death.

Think of it as evolution in action.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2013, 11:39:01 AM »
I received a little negative feedback re: Duck Dynasty this week...from a few pickle-weaned, uptight Christians who didn't like the language Phil used, saying it had nothing to do with scripture - which provoked a little scriptural thinking on my part...

Proverbs 5:16-20 | New King James Version (NKJV)

16 Should your fountains be dispersed abroad,
Streams of water in the streets?
17 Let them be only your own,
And not for strangers with you.
18 Let your fountain be blessed,
And rejoice with the wife of your youth.
19 As a loving deer and a graceful doe,
Let her breasts satisfy you at all times;
And always be enraptured with her love.

20 For why should you, my son, be enraptured by an immoral woman,
And be embraced in the arms of a seductress?
(I have to go out on a limb here & assume that this passage includes, though it does not specifically say so...the, uhm "V" word).

Dang, Phil.........................................you ROCK!  ::thumbsup::

God rest ye, Duck-clad gentlemen
Let culture not you dismay.
Remember Christ, our savior was born on Christmas day.
To save us from A&E's satanic scour
When you had something to say.
Oh-oh tidings of duck-calls & joy
Duck-calls & joy
Oh-oh tidings of duck-calls & joy!

And, in my 3rd & final communique to A&E, I copied all this & sent it to 'em with a nice Christmas bow.  ;D

« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 11:50:23 AM by Pablo de Fleurs »

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2013, 10:09:00 PM »
So Cracker Barrel restaurants have bravely decided to keep all of the Duck Commander products on the shelf that do not have Phil Robertson's likeness. The Cracker Barrel Facebook page comments are about what you might expect. There shouldn't be much trouble finding a table on Sunday afternoons anymore.

You would think that, after what happened with Chick-Fil-A restaurants, they might have a clue as to what to do and what not to do as regards their Christian customers but apparently not.

Might be a good opportunity for a short sell play.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2013, 10:58:41 PM »
CB posted: Cracker Barrel’s mission is Pleasing People. We operate within the ideals of fairness, mutual respect and equal treatment of all people. These ideals are the core of our corporate culture.

We continue to offer Duck Commander products in our stores.

We removed selected products which we were concerned might offend some of our guests while we evaluate the situation.

We continually evaluate the products we offer and will continue to do so.

So Alphabet Soup responded with the age-old conundrum: It deeply offends me that you removed some objects that may offend others. Now what are you gonna do?

::evil::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2013, 12:56:39 AM »
CB posted: Cracker Barrel’s mission is Pleasing People. We operate within the ideals of fairness, mutual respect and equal treatment of all people. These ideals are the core of our corporate culture.

We continue to offer Duck Commander products in our stores.

We removed selected products which we were concerned might offend some of our guests while we evaluate the situation.

We continually evaluate the products we offer and will continue to do so.

So Alphabet Soup responded with the age-old conundrum: It deeply offends me that you removed some objects that may offend others. Now what are you gonna do?

::evil::

Twitter is pretty hot with this, too. Cracker Barrel has truly screwed the pooch with this move.