Author Topic: Damn your butt looks big!  (Read 4286 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Damn your butt looks big!
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2013, 09:14:07 PM »
I tell my wife the truth. I guess that's why she'll never ask me that question.

But, after over 20 yrs of marriage, 3 boys, and a little more of my wife to love than when we got married, I still think she's beautiful and sexy. THAT she doesn't believe. ::bashing::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2013, 09:19:59 AM »
My life is simpler. I'd never tell a lady that her butt was big.

Of course not!

My friend did not say my butt WAS big, but a certain style of clothing can certainly make it LOOK big!  ;D
"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson

“... sad moral of all human tales; ’Tis but the same rehearsal of the past; First freedom, and then glory—when that fails, Wealth, vice, corruption, barbarism at last.” – Roman Historian, Tacitus

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2013, 09:28:18 AM »
It can, but it depends on the delivery.

"Look, I know you like this _________, the color is good on you, but it's not as flattering as it could be.  Let's find something else".

With one of my friends I could say, "Oh hell no; that's horrible, get it off".  With some of my others, more tact (see above) is required.  I guess the question is, how well do you and your friend know each other and can you be blunt?

If not, hard truth is not optional but pussyfootin' may be.    ;)

So, you say the truth depends upon how it is presented?

Hmm.  Not really; what I'm saying is sometimes, depending on the person, *how* the truth is presented makes it more or less palatable.  For our friends that don't require a sledgehammer, there's no need to use one, right?  So, truth presented with a little tact goes a long way.  The friend in my example -- "hell no, get that off, it's horrible" -- and I have always spoken to each other that way.  (It's a Jersey thing).  My southern belle friend would be more amenable to the other method, "I think this or that would look better on you", because she'd read that loud and clear as "hell no, get that off, it's horrible" without me having to say that.

It's always the truth; people just respond differently to blunt vs tact.

My friend actually said " damn your butt looks big". If she would have sugar coated it, I'm not sure it would have the same effect.

Well, from what I can tell, you and I could deal quite well with the "hell no ....... horrible" method of communication.   ;)

Absolutely! But, although I have that sort of relationship with most of my female friends, I always used more "tact" than necessary when dealing with the men in my life.

Early on in my marriage, I was trying to ask my husband something that I deemed to be a touchy subject (I can't recall exactly what). In typical female fashion, I was beating around the bush, setting up the whys and why nots, laying groundwork; most ladies understand what I'm saying.

My husband, after finally hearing what I wanted said to me "You took all those words to say that? Next time just say it - men do not care about the details, they care about the point." IOW, Yes, men are from mars and women are from Venus - learn to speak the language of the planet you are on..

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson

“... sad moral of all human tales; ’Tis but the same rehearsal of the past; First freedom, and then glory—when that fails, Wealth, vice, corruption, barbarism at last.” – Roman Historian, Tacitus

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2013, 10:34:02 AM »
But I am from the planet Zorcon. No one understands me!  ::exitstageleft::
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2013, 10:36:26 AM »
I think women are far too worried about what they look like. For me, what ya see is what ya got. Anyone who doesn't look deeper is missing out on some great people.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2013, 11:18:24 AM »

What was that you just said?  ::pokeineye::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2013, 01:28:37 PM »
Men don't care about the details......we care about the point. Man, this tells it like it is in a nutshell.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2013, 02:04:29 PM »

I said, "ankpoiqoqkfoiiaoa;".   ::eyes::   ;)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2013, 10:12:11 PM »
Early on in my marriage, I was trying to ask my husband something that I deemed to be a touchy subject (I can't recall exactly what). In typical female fashion, I was beating around the bush, setting up the whys and why nots, laying groundwork; most ladies understand what I'm saying.

My husband, after finally hearing what I wanted said to me "You took all those words to say that? Next time just say it - men do not care about the details, they care about the point." IOW, Yes, men are from mars and women are from Venus - learn to speak the language of the planet you are on..

Oh honey, that is the way I roll as a rule; it takes an exception for me to "do" extra words.  Ask CHF for confirmation of that.

Early on, Gunsmith told me part of what he likes about me is he always knows where he stands.

Your husband defining the grounds rules that way made it a whole lot easier to communicate, imo.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2013, 10:41:49 PM »
Men don't care about the details......we care about the point. Man, this tells it like it is in a nutshell.

Yes. I was amazed at how our communication improved when I repressed the female urge to over explain. 

Instead of telling my husband that, well, I was at the store, you know buying a gift for Mary..you remember Mary right? Her husband tom was at the party we had four years ago when we lived on the west side?

Right, so, anyway, I was at the store buying Mary a gift, you know its Mary's birthday right? And since she bought us those candlesticks last December, we sort of owe her a gift. Well, did I tell you I was at the store?  So, I'm walking through the petite section and there's this dress. The perfect color. I'd seen it before, but wouldn't buy it because it was too expensive, I mean. I know I was there to get Mary a gift. You do remember Mary, right?

Now days, I just say "look at this great dress I bought! Mary? Oh, I got her card.... ::hysterical::

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2013, 10:44:45 PM »

Yeah, that's what I thought you said...you better watch that smart mouth, or I'll introduce it to a bar of soap... ::exitstageleft::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2013, 10:45:18 PM »
LOL.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2013, 10:53:22 PM »

Oh honey, that is the way I roll as a rule; it takes an exception for me to "do" extra words.  Ask CHF for confirmation of that.

Early on, Gunsmith told me part of what he likes about me is he always knows where he stands.

Your husband defining the grounds rules that way made it a whole lot easier to communicate, imo.

I liked his rules. It relieved a lot of pressure. My mother raised me very old school, but I took to this new communication form like a duck to water.  Unfortunately (sort of) it spilled over to all my relationships.  Sometimes, my employer, or coworkers, even clerks at the grocery store will just stand there and blink their eyes at the stuff that comes out of my mouth. ::danceban::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2013, 10:57:59 PM »
Got the blinking eyes on one; been there, had it happen.  LOL.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2013, 11:02:17 PM »

Yeah, that's what I thought you said...you better watch that smart mouth, or I'll introduce it to a bar of soap... ::exitstageleft::

OOooooooo-------Stop it some more!!!  ::laughonfloor::   ::rimshot::

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2013, 11:06:56 PM »

There are so few women in my neck of the woods that are like that! I'm glad to have found another.

Tell the truth now, do you find the blinking eyes as humorous as I do? Cracks me up every time, though, I try to keep a stoic facade...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2013, 11:25:11 PM »

There are so few women in my neck of the woods that are like that! I'm glad to have found another.

Tell the truth now, do you find the blinking eyes as humorous as I do? Cracks me up every time, though, I try to keep a stoic facade...

I do find it humorous, but I just keep a straight face and blink right back.  Few seconds of confused silence right there.  Heh.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2013, 11:41:11 PM »

But, after over 20 yrs of marriage, 3 boys, and a little more of my wife to love than when we got married, I still think she's beautiful and sexy. THAT she doesn't believe. ::bashing::

Been there, got the souvenir T-shirt, only for almost 50 years. A girl and a boy, 3 grandkids for each, one g-grandchild. Daughter graduated from U of IL, now working at Abbott Labs (they have their own ZIP Code!), earns about $110K/year. Son regrets not taking my advice to go to HVAC school; now he's not only the HVAC lead but the union rep in the Public Works Dept. of a nearby suburb. (He hates unions!!!) Oldest granddaughter graduated from U of WI -Whitewater, is now a legal assistant in Milwaukee; 2nd granddaughter now at Eastern IL and presently doing field work for her degree in biological/veterinary sciences. Oldest grandson graduated from Western IL University, and will go to England or Wales for his masters degree, and he has presented us with our g-granddaughter. The others are still in college or high school.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 11:44:21 PM by oldcoastie6468 »

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2013, 11:54:42 PM »

I do find it humorous, but I just keep a straight face and blink right back.  Few seconds of confused silence right there.  Heh.

One of my favorites:

I'm in line behind a woman who has just bought a bunch of stuff I refuse to afford at the grocery store with a Lone Star Card (food stamps). The  clerk asks her if she wants the receipt and she waves her off. I say, in not a loud voice, but loud enough, "I'll take the receipt, since it was my tax dollars that bought a good portion of that krap". And I held out my hand. The clerk just blinked.  And sort of gasped, I kind of put her on the spot.

One lady behind me actually choked down laughter, or maybe it was a hair ball..I didn't care.

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2013, 12:01:03 AM »

Been there, got the souvenir T-shirt, only for almost 50 years. A girl and a boy, 3 grandkids for each, one g-grandchild. Daughter graduated from U of IL, now working at Abbott Labs (they have their own ZIP Code!), earns about $110K/year. Son regrets not taking my advice to go to HVAC school; now he's not only the HVAC lead but the union rep in the Public Works Dept. of a nearby suburb. (He hates unions!!!) Oldest granddaughter graduated from U of WI -Whitewater, is now a legal assistant in Milwaukee; 2nd granddaughter now at Eastern IL and presently doing field work for her degree in biological/veterinary sciences. Oldest grandson graduated from Western IL University, and will go to England or Wales for his masters degree, and he has presented us with our g-granddaughter. The others are still in college or high school.

How blessed you are with such a family.  To think all of those people and all of those lives began with one man and one woman falling in love.