Author Topic: History Cannot Be Rewritten  (Read 1038 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
History Cannot Be Rewritten
« on: December 23, 2013, 03:03:08 PM »
It can only be ignored.

These are from when our country supported its military forces, and when we knew who our enemies were.

U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline fordguy_85

Re: History Cannot Be Rewritten
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 12:09:06 AM »
It doesn't even have to be ignored. It has been revised and twisted to the point that calling it "history" is a travesty several orders of magnitude beyond ridiculous. But, even so, there is yet hope. For as long as there remains a single ember of the truth protected in the heart of even a single patriot, it may yet be fanned into a full flame and consume the lies and deceit so long sowed in the minds of fools.
Eric Morgan
"Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed the conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" - Thomas Jefferson

"Opinions and instructions do not outmatch the Constitution. Against it, they are void." - Calvin Coolidge

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 12:15:18 AM »
I told the vets at the Manteno, IL, Veterans Home:

Regardless of what they may see or hear, they are still the greatest generation, and that I guaranteed that the American Legion would NEVER forget them for their service and sacrifices.

They all cried when I got done talking to them, and I had never felt so humbled in my life. I was standing before true heroes.

::USA::  ::USA::  ::USA::  ::USA::  ::USA::

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 12:52:24 AM »
I told the vets at the Manteno, IL, Veterans Home:

Regardless of what they may see or hear, they are still the greatest generation, and that I guaranteed that the American Legion would NEVER forget them for their service and sacrifices.

They all cried when I got done talking to them, and I had never felt so humbled in my life. I was standing before true heroes.

::USA::  ::USA::  ::USA::  ::USA::  ::USA::

This is true with our generation Jeff.

But history has and is, being rewritten. The young today are being propagandized and evil is spreading its tentacles into our future. I think we should spare our elderly heroes the truth, but we should not spare ourselves.

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson

“... sad moral of all human tales; ’Tis but the same rehearsal of the past; First freedom, and then glory—when that fails, Wealth, vice, corruption, barbarism at last.” – Roman Historian, Tacitus

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 12:54:27 AM »
Our elderly heroes need to hear this stuff, because they already feel forgotten by the country they fought for.

I also iterate this every time I have to speak before any crowd.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 07:53:01 AM »
Our elderly heroes need to hear this stuff, because they already feel forgotten by the country they fought for.

I'm guessing they hardly recognize the country they fought for.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 09:08:01 AM »

I'm guessing they hardly recognize the country they fought for.

Correct. They've told me that too.