Author Topic: My Gun  (Read 799 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
My Gun
« on: December 24, 2013, 04:14:11 PM »
Stolen from another site, with permission.

My Gun

Today I swung my front door wide open and placed my Remington 30.06 right in the doorway.  I left 6 shells beside it, then left it alone and went about my business.

While I was gone, the mailman delivered my mail, the neighbor boy across the street mowed the yard, a girl walked her dog down the street, and quite a few cars stopped at a stop sign near the front of our house.

After about an hour, I checked on the gun. It was still sitting there, right where I had left it.  It hadn't moved itself outside. It certainly hadn't killed anyone, even with the numerous opportunities it had been presented to do so.

In fact, it hadn't even loaded itself. Well you can imagine my surprise, with all the media hype about how dangerous guns are and how they kill people.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: My Gun
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 07:54:10 PM »
He's playing a game he may not survive. The gun will eventually get pissed off at being ignored and retaliate.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline OldSailor

• The world is sick and getting sicker.
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 07:55:58 PM »
Back when I was stationed in DC (and swore never to go back) one of the radio personalities caused a minor uproar when he started off his show by saying he had brought in a handgun and laid it on the table in the studio.  (It never occured to anyone to question that he actually had one.) 

He said he was doing this to make a point, that a handgun was totally incapable of harming anyone, and to prove the point he would leave the gun on the table until either the show ended in 2 hours or the gun shot someone.   ::falldownshocked::

As you can imagine, before the 2 hour show was over he had the libs in a tizzy with threats to his safety and calls to the cops.  His gag was a thing of beauty.   ::hysterical::
"In it's most basic form the right to keep and bear arms is nothing less than the right to maintain the means of one's own self-defense. If a man chooses not to arm himself, that is his choice and right. It is NOT his right to force his choice upon me." - Me

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 03:55:33 PM »
Shouldn't be any different than carrying it on your hip in the open fully loaded.  It's just there...enjoying inertia...one of the few things it has in common with a progressive's brain...without any impetus it is incapable of doing anything!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 09:08:16 PM »

Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 11:29:48 PM »
I keep a fully loaded .380 in the side pocket of my vehicle's door at all times. It's in its original zippered pouch with an extra loaded mag and a small ziplock baggie that has about thirty extra rounds. In all likelihood I will never have to use it other than at the range. But it's there and I like to be ready should I inadvertently find myself facing trouble.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 11:36:15 PM »
I can't find out something. If anyone sees anything re: Illinois' new CCW laws and Illinois having reciprocity with other states' CCW permits, please let me know.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 09:38:45 AM »
I can't find out something. If anyone sees anything re: Illinois' new CCW laws and Illinois having reciprocity with other states' CCW permits, please let me know.

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

Thomas Jefferson

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 10:12:21 AM »
JUST AS I SUSPECTED. ILLINOIS DOESN'T RECOGNIZE ANY OTHER STATE'S PERMITS.

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 10:32:19 AM »

The best we can do is just keep the gun in the vehicle (if we do stop) as we pass through that place and not stop.
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 12:45:59 PM »
IL is on my banned list...I will just drive around it if I have to.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.