Author Topic: Three Words You Never Hear in a Barack Obama Speech  (Read 1732 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Three Words You Never Hear in a Barack Obama Speech
« on: April 14, 2011, 11:53:54 AM »
“Community Reinvestment Act.” Those are the words, and that is the law, that helped trigger the banking crisis.

http://www.burtfolsom.com/?p=1096&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Burtfolsomcom+%28BurtFolsom.com%29&utm_content=My+Yahoo

And just like in education there are people who think throwing more money out the window will help.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Three Words You Never Hear in a Barack Obama Speech
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 12:11:54 PM »
Let’s cut the corporate tax, cut the capital gains tax, and watch the recovery.

My opinion has always been no business should be taxed. I'm taxed personally on my income, just as you and everyone else is. My business provides my income. When my business is taxed, the result is I must find avenues to circumvent, legally, the excessive, or double, taxation. We do this thru setting up multiple corporate entities, LLC's, etc. Large business hire hoards of tax attorneys. Small business suffer. I can't imagine the money saved and jobs created if there were no corp taxation and how the revenue streams thru individuals would skyrocket. The cost of goods would be lower. The only need to build overseas would be to expand to said market.

Instead, I'm forced to limit hiring, limit raises, limit expansion, limit growth.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 12:15:21 PM »
I'm on my third decade railing against that abomination!

I don't think any of us will make it to a fourth!

::bashing::

And I'm with ya Don!  I just wish a hell of a lot more people were rallying for that!

And we'll have to depose Barry to even have a chance at getting it!

2012...2012...can we make it to 2012?!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 12:21:35 PM »
[
My opinion has always been no business should be taxed.

I've never understood people who think taxation is a given.  That it must be done -- as "painful" as it may be -- we must do it for the good of all.  Like a spoonful of nasty medicine that in the end is good for you.

I hate stupid people.

INCOME TAXES:
Also one of the reason I quit being a CPA -- I didn't want to spend my life doing something that was based on an artificial construct that was a game to see who could be separated from their money and who could hang on to theirs.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 12:23:54 PM by LadyVirginia »
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 12:25:03 PM »
Let’s cut the corporate tax, cut the capital gains tax, and watch the recovery.

My opinion has always been no business should be taxed. I'm taxed personally on my income, just as you and everyone else is. My business provides my income. When my business is taxed, the result is I must find avenues to circumvent, legally, the excessive, or double, taxation. We do this thru setting up multiple corporate entities, LLC's, etc. Large business hire hoards of tax attorneys. Small business suffer. I can't imagine the money saved and jobs created if there were no corp taxation and how the revenue streams thru individuals would skyrocket. The cost of goods would be lower. The only need to build overseas would be to expand to said market.

Instead, I'm forced to limit hiring, limit raises, limit expansion, limit growth.

Concur on the tax cutting.

Tell the people who insist "corporations should pay their fair share" that corporations/business doesn't pay taxes - YOU DO in the price of the good/service - and watch the eyes glaze over.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 12:38:40 PM »
[

I've never understood people who think taxation is a given.  That it must be done -- as "painful" as it may be -- we must do it for the good of all.  Like a spoonful of nasty medicine that in the end is good for you.

I hate stupid people.

INCOME TAXES:
Also one of the reason I quit being a CPA -- I didn't want to spend my life doing something that was based on an artificial construct that was a game to see who could be separated from their money and who could hang on to theirs.

Recovering CPA eh?   ;D

I went the MBA route after getting bachelors...felt a CPA would box me in too much.  But I've been in corporate accounting/finance in various industries for ohh, 23+ years! 
Go figure!   :P

There is a lot of unrealistic crap built into how we disclose information, not just the tax code, although that is the most obviously egregious!  Take Sarbanes-Oxley for example...monumental pile of worthless bovine excrement that is just busy work because CYA politicians wanted it and whom by the way always exempt themselves from adhering to!

All of our statutory laws, tax code and regulations could be gutted to bare minimum overnight and the boost to the business sector would rocket through the economy like coronal mass ejection!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 12:52:05 PM »
[

INCOME TAXES:
   ::kissface::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 03:38:26 PM »
The weird thing was I understood the tax code.  Even my boss didn't always get it.  He used to bring me the new legislation to decipher and then have me do an in-service on it for my co-workers. Sick, huh?  That's when I realized it was all a fricking game.

these days I refuse to do anyone's tax return--anyone in the family wants theirs done I give it to my husband and he does it on turbo tax. lol

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 07:51:08 PM »
[

I hate stupid people.

INCOME TAXES:

The brainwashing has been going on for a very long time. Economics, or the teaching of it, has been bastertized. Trickle down stupidity. It's amazing how many citizens believe the only avenue to create tax revenue is to raise rates.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.