Author Topic: STUPID Gun laws really TICK ME OFF!!!  (Read 909 times)

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
STUPID Gun laws really TICK ME OFF!!!
« on: December 29, 2013, 01:48:38 AM »
So, according to my son's friends, he had stopped in a place to get a drink of water.  This place being a bar, and he HAD previously been drinking, and our laws being what they are here in pro-criminal North Carolina, my son was not carrying his weapon.  Good news is he was only stabbed twice. He at first thought he had only been punched and gotten a broken ear drum, but eventually realized he was bleeding from two stab wounds.

Way to go, NC state legislature!  Time to change ANOTHER stupid law. The way it reads is if you have alcohol in your system, even so much as having a spoon of cough syrup you can be charged. Much better to send an innocent victim to the hospital....yeah...right.

Attacker was mentally disturbed, apparently. My son never saw the guy before in his life. I do not know how many other victims there were. Apparently he stabbed several others too.

Way to go GOVERNMENT, chalk up more innocent victims to your tally of dead and injured, because YOU made sure they were unarmed when attacked.   ::pullhair::

(BTW, I am posting this here in the height of my anger. I will start the local fights later, when I am not seeing red.

For those here who are praying folk, I would appreciate prayers for my son not to have any permanent damage.  I know he was coherent, but having hearing trouble in one ear.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
Re: STUPID Gun laws really TICK ME OFF!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 03:15:53 AM »
Latest report, spoke to my son in E. R.   He was stabbed three times. Two were superficial, glancing off of skull and rib cage, thank God.  The other was directly into his ear. He is apparently deaf in that ear now.  He said he felt little. The fellow punched him so fast, (he thought) that there was no time to retaliate and so lightly my son felt he was not worth chasing down to punish, he would just turn the other cheek. He had to be told he had been stabbed, by the witnesses. He never even saw the knife.

There were others in his party who witnessed the attack, and another who was waiting in the car, who called 911, when another victim of the attack staggered out of the burger joint, bleeding. The police did arrest the attacker, but nothing will happen to him, because he is obviously deranged. 

“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 05:39:16 AM »
Prayers for your son, CHF

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 09:32:01 AM »
Prayers at the top of the list CHF.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 10:30:46 AM »
I pray that your son's hearing is fully restored. So sorry to hear about this.
 ::praying::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 11:18:34 AM »
We'll pray for a full and speedy recovery, CHF. ::praying::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 12:02:50 PM »
Finished searching and cleaning away the blood. Five wounds total. two to the back of his head, one to his ear, one to the rib cage, and small defensive wound on his hand. Only the ear would required stitches.  They are saying chance of blood born disease is low, even though 3 people had been previously stabbed with the same knife.  The ear has a good chance as Doctor explained, it is a clean cut of the membrane(drum) and not a rupture like from infection. The clean cuts can heal given time and patience.  Stitches were required to repair the cuts on the outside.  It was a blessing that this guy was thin and not strong enough to drive the blade deeper in the other places.

Thank you to everyone for the prayers for my son. This has been a long day, but full recovery is now the expectation. Praise God!

Offline fordguy_85

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 03:10:44 PM »
Wow! That's awful! Prayers sent for your son's full recovery
Eric Morgan
"Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed the conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" - Thomas Jefferson

"Opinions and instructions do not outmatch the Constitution. Against it, they are void." - Calvin Coolidge

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2013, 07:06:06 PM »
It's not because I don't care, but anything I'd post has already been said above.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2013, 08:41:03 PM »
Man o man CHF - this is terrible! How are y'all holding up?

my prayers to your son and your family.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2013, 09:12:02 AM »
My son came to evening bible study night, so that he could participate in the Lord's supper which he was unable to attend the morning service.  His ear is ringing and it is annoying him. Otherwise, he seems fine and he knows quite well how blessed he is to have been struck so many times so fast and nothing vital hit. He is trusting in the Lord and the word of the Doctors, who receive their talents from God, when they have told him this will heal. His eyeglasses have been recovered so the ringing is the only suffering remaining. And time to heal.

Thank you all for your prayers on his behalf.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2013, 09:56:00 AM »
Thank you all for your prayers on his behalf.

That's what we're here for, and that's what friends do for each other.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2013, 04:21:54 PM »
May he have a full and speedy recovery!   ::praying::

I too hate stupid gun laws.  It's why I always carry at least two knives, a tactical pen and a brass-knucke money clip. Progressives may try to fully disarm me, but they'll never succeed.  First and foremost though is avoiding banned areas whenever possible.  Sometimes it cannot be helped, for those times it is my little helpers...and whatever I may find handy wherever I am.

When things calm down, have a constructive discussion with him and everybody in your circle about situational awareness, it's not fun for people to think of escape routes, options and profiling people...but it is necessary.  Not a 100% guarantee to escape a situation unscathed but it does increase the odds.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.