Author Topic: Detroit Police Chief: Want crime to drop? Carry a firearm.  (Read 985 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Detroit Police Chief: Want crime to drop? Carry a firearm.
« on: January 03, 2014, 10:47:42 AM »
It was refreshing last year when the Milwaukee County Sheriff embraced reality and common sense, and stated publicly that a citizen has a duty to protect themselves with deadly force.

Now the new Chief of Police for Detroit embraces the same.

Detroit police chief: Want crime to drop? Start carrying

James Craig just took over the office of police chief last summer, but he’s already making waves in Detroit. A reorganization of the police force in the bankrupt metropolis has resulted in a higher clearance rate in murder cases, and the murder rate dropped almost 14% in 2013 from its two-decade high in 2012. However, Craig has some advice for his fellow citizens in Motor City if they really want a drop in crime — arm yourselves...
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Detroit Police Chief: Want crime to drop? Carry a firearm.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 11:36:09 AM »
Oh oh...

Who's getting the blame for this hire?  This just does not fly in a libiot city!

There is a really big story here with multiple facets to churn for quite a while.  Hope this isn't the last we've heard of him and I hope the idea catches fire all across the land!

::cool::   ::thumbsup::   ::beertoast::   ::praying::   ::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 12:37:20 PM »
Oh oh...

Who's getting the blame for this hire?  This just does not fly in a libiot city!

There is a really big story here with multiple facets to churn for quite a while.  Hope this isn't the last we've heard of him and I hope the idea catches fire all across the land!

::cool::   ::thumbsup::   ::beertoast::   ::praying::   ::whoohoo::
He won't last long spewing such hateful rhetoric in a city for of loving douche bag demonRats but at least he holds certain truths to heart that "you" are responsibility for your security.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 01:06:41 PM »
They will blame it on the state (aka Republican governor) for sure...............

They will want him out for sure....

Never mind that the state taking over has gotten places like Belle Isle (the big main park)  some overdue maintenance,  like REMOVING DEAD TREES.    How does a city get to the point that removing dead trees can't be done?   Welcome to Detroit.   

I was watching HGTV,  and the one show "Rehab Addict" has been doing a house in Detroit.   The host discovered to her horror,  that the  electric drop line to her house is still the old fashioned uninsulated kind.  It shorted out when she tossed a shingle off the roof and it came in contact with the line.   The electric utility  is city owned so it seems pretty neglected and outdated.     

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 07:14:44 PM »
Have not lived there for alost thirty years, but good to see the new police chief has caught up..  Most every one I knew in the suburbs of Detroit would not go into the city with out a CWP, especially at night after the '67 riots. 
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 01:48:26 PM »
We were there during the riots, when Dearborn was a nice suburb and not muzzie central.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.