Author Topic: Female Marines Not Required To Do 1 Pull-Up  (Read 858 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Female Marines Not Required To Do 1 Pull-Up
« on: December 31, 2013, 10:24:44 AM »
Female Marines Not Required To Do 1 Pull-Up
December 27, 2013 - 2:02 PM
By Barbara Boland

(CNSNews.com) -- Females in the Marine Corps currently are not required to do even a single pull-up, and a deadline mandating that by Jan. 1, 2014, they be able to do at least 3 pull-ups as part of their  training has been delayed for at least a year, the Corps quietly announced on social media.

Unlike their female counterparts, male Marines have long been required to do at least 3 pullups as part of the Physical Fitness Test (PFT). That's the minimum requirement for males.

Female Marines are required, however, to do a flexed-arm hang from a bar, and their PFT score is calculated based upon how long they can properly hang on the bar.  (See video for pull-ups and flexed-arm hang demonstrations.)

Currently, “women aren’t able to make the minimum standard of three pull-ups,” Marine spokesman Capt. Eric Flanagan told CNSNews.com. Fifty-five percent of female recruits tested at the end of boot camp were unable to do three pull-ups (1 percent of male recruits also failed).

::falldownshocked::    ::facepalm::

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/barbara-boland/female-marines-not-required-do-1-pull#sthash.IeJJMHgv.dpuf
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Female Marines Not Required To Do 1 Pull-Up
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 02:13:26 PM »
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 02:35:39 PM »
Back in the 90s they hired a female Marine--
The install was a hard one, and many had failed at it. I warned her that she WOULD have to call me, and then even I would probably have to help her futz with it for a while.  Just a lot of options- and experience was required. But you don't get it without trying, so I had her try

She called. She was crying.  Real sobs.
Yes, I am sure it was frustrating and infuriating,  because this product just was.  I told her it would be.
 But if a difficult config/install had her in tears,  where the only pressure she was under was time ( she had 3 days for the install)  and her own will to succeed ( she called on day two)   - how could she possibly have be calm and helpful on a battlefield?

Not being able to do pullups is the least of our problems with the female marine corp.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 07:23:49 PM »
Yeah it just continues to get worse and worse. Years ago they altered the physical requirements for most municipal police and fire departments. The fire department in particular used to have stringent upper body strength requirements (kinda comes in handy if your job is to carry an unconscious person down a staircase, or hoist a giant ladder, or pull a heavy hose) but they watered them down so that females would stop failing at a nearly 100% rate.

At this point I suppose we should simply be celebrating anything that weakens the current order. It has gone beyond absurd self-parody. When you have an entire culture that buys into such asinine notions as total, literal equality between men and women, or that sex is merely a social contrivance, then it's a culture that will be annihilated by Reality.

The only thing more pathetic than this are the individual women who think they've somehow "won" by browbeating institutions into giving them the equivalent of a Participation Trophy. If something is worth attaining, wouldn't you at least want the personal sense of satisfaction in knowing that you earned it like everyone else? I don't get the self-delusion it takes to be a liberal.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 07:37:53 PM »
If some women say they can do the job men do, then they should damn well do it!

No softening of rules and requirements.

These friggin women.......they can't do a mans job because they are NOT men!

I'm FOR putting these women in battle. Let these whining bags get what they ask for.  And dear God, ensure that our fighting MEN....do not pay the price for the arrogance of the lesser sex.

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson

“... sad moral of all human tales; ’Tis but the same rehearsal of the past; First freedom, and then glory—when that fails, Wealth, vice, corruption, barbarism at last.” – Roman Historian, Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 01:00:38 PM »
It didn't used to be that way.  Back in my day I ran into some girl Marines while at training in Meridian, Miss.  Even though there was segregation of the sexes then, these gals were no slouches...this ridiculousness would not fly then...look how pathetic things have gotten over the years.

People who cannot carry their own weight or be able to lend aid to their fellow troopers will get themselves and others killed.

They send such unqualified people of either sex into combat and these people get people killed...there will be an increase in fragging.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.