Author Topic: 2013/2014 Bowl Games  (Read 1867 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
2013/2014 Bowl Games
« on: January 01, 2014, 12:19:53 PM »
That TX A&M games last night sure was wild!  Johhny Football is something...can't believe some of the things that guy can do.  Would like to see him in Purple, doubt they'll get the chance though.  This was the best game of the bunch so far.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Re: 2013/2014 Bowl Games
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 12:57:04 PM »
New Year's day has lost some of it's luster to me since they now have stretched the Bowl season out for another week.
Don't get me wrong. I hate to see the season end and this BCS schedule makes it go on just a little longer.
But the New Year's bowl games just aren't that good.

I didn't get to see A&M. My wife insisted on watching the game show network.
Since she wasn't feeling well, I indulged her without protest

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 06:59:23 AM »
Rose Bowl was good, only caught the first half of the Fiesta before crashed.  UCF was playing well, looks like they won.

There are way too many bowl games now, stretched over several weeks, I usually only catch the ones that interest me, the rest I can see the highlights on Sportscenter.  The Cotton, Orange & Championship games should be good.  But they start these things too dang late for me so just like last night its watch half and read about it in the morning.

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 08:08:40 AM »
Rose Bowl was good, only caught the first half of the Fiesta before crashed.  UCF was playing well, looks like they won.

There are way too many bowl games now, stretched over several weeks, I usually only catch the ones that interest me, the rest I can see the highlights on Sportscenter.  The Cotton, Orange & Championship games should be good.  But they start these things too dang late for me so just like last night its watch half and read about it in the morning.

How right you are - back in the dark ages there was four.  That kept me on the couch New Years Day with my hangover just fine.  Now this year I think the count is 35, and this old fart can't drink that much, any more.  The last time I tried wasn't pretty........

All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 09:28:55 AM »
That TX A&M games last night sure was wild!  Johhny Football is something...can't believe some of the things that guy can do.  Would like to see him in Purple, doubt they'll get the chance though.  This was the best game of the bunch so far.

And I got so disgusted with A&M (mainly their defense) that I turned it off most of the way through the second quarter...it was right after that Duke drive where they converted not one but two fourth downs and then scored a TD. And up to that point Duke had not failed to score on a possession. A&M fans are used to a less than stellar bowl game performance history. We think of it as the Bear Bryant curse...which, if you don't know, is that A&M's football team was coached by Bryant and then they let him head off to Alabama and the rest, as you should know, is history. Well, I was even more disgusted (with myself) upon learning of the outcome yesterday morning.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 10:26:40 AM »
Fiesta Bowl was fun.

I didn't have a dog in the hunt but, to me, it was 2 Cinderellas playing.
UCF came to play.
They outplayed Baylor and outcoached them.

Baylor had 16 or 17 penalties!!!
And they could never get that vaunted offense going.
It was pointed out that they scored 50+ pts/game in their first 9 games and something like 29 in their last 3.

Baylor never really threatened but I kept thinking that they were going to crank it up at anytime.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 11:54:49 AM »

And I got so disgusted with A&M (mainly their defense) that I turned it off most of the way through the second quarter...it was right after that Duke drive where they converted not one but two fourth downs and then scored a TD. And up to that point Duke had not failed to score on a possession. A&M fans are used to a less than stellar bowl game performance history. We think of it as the Bear Bryant curse...which, if you don't know, is that A&M's football team was coached by Bryant and then they let him head off to Alabama and the rest, as you should know, is history. Well, I was even more disgusted (with myself) upon learning of the outcome yesterday morning.

Yeah, Minnie losing Holtz to Notre Dame similar, not quite the magnitude of Bryant IMO, so you win!

Summlin was so happy when they got that pick-six...finally the D stepped up.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 11:55:39 AM »
Fiesta Bowl was fun.

I didn't have a dog in the hunt but, to me, it was 2 Cinderellas playing.
UCF came to play.
They outplayed Baylor and outcoached them.

Baylor had 16 or 17 penalties!!!
And they could never get that vaunted offense going.
It was pointed out that they scored 50+ pts/game in their first 9 games and something like 29 in their last 3.

Baylor never really threatened but I kept thinking that they were going to crank it up at anytime.

Yeah, UCF seemed to be hungrier, score could have been worse for Baylor.