Author Topic: The NYC Mayoral Clown Thread  (Read 20626 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
The NYC Mayoral Clown Thread
« on: January 01, 2014, 07:39:23 PM »
I figured that I might as well get this started because it's going to need to be here. I mean...NYCs new mayor is a self-identified communist. Not just a leftist but a genuine communist. Plus, he's genuinely stark raving insane to hear some people tell it. And I don't doubt it.

I suppose that there could be another insane communist mayor somewhere in America but, to the best of my knowledge, not in a major US city.

I am willing to bet that there will be one or more outrageous "NYC communist mayor" stories a week in a good month.

So that's why this thread is here.

And...to get things started:

For the first time in 20 years, New York welcomed a Democrat as mayor in an inauguration that registered a sea change in the city’s politics.

A pastor speaking at the ceremony for New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio on Wednesday called New York a “plantation,” while entertainer Harry Belafonte denounced New York under Michael Bloomberg as “Dickensian,” while the outgoing mayor sat by, BuzzFeed reports.

“Let the plantation called New York City be the city of God, a city set upon the hill, a light shining in darkness,” Brooklyn-based pastor Fred Lucas Jr. said. “Elevate our valleys. Make low our mountains. Make our crooked places straight and our rough places smooth. Oh God, oh God, oh God, break every chain, break every chain, break every chain.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 07:58:33 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: The NYC Mayoral Clown Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 08:38:49 PM »
Idiots. One and all.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 09:15:08 PM »
de Blasio, literally, is a communist. Expect the next Detroit, under his mismanagement. I live 55 miles from mid-town and...and expect to smell the smoke of it...in flames.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 09:15:39 PM »
I read somewhere today that he is planning on outlawing the horse & buggy tours.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 09:37:21 PM »
With a little luck, Al Qaeda, is planning a stopover @ Gracie Mansion.

But enough of that...it's New Year's...let's talk Jazz...

« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 09:41:26 PM by Pablo de Fleurs »
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 10:23:47 PM »
I read somewhere today that he is planning on outlawing the horse & buggy tours.

Not only that, but he announced it in the imperial manner that animates the Left. What exactly gives a mayor the power to unilaterally decree what sort of business is authorized or not?

Oh well. Talk about a city and depraved political class that truly deserve each other. The funny thing is, the Left will point to the commercial activity in places like NY and California as somehow proving that their policies aren't economically destructive. They never consider that our entire civilization has been coasting on inertia. NY and California have continued to benefit from their historical significance. If today's policies were applied from the beginning, they never would have become economic powers. And eventually they will indeed succeed in suffocating the golden goose.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 11:20:46 PM »
There was plenty to dislike about Bloomberg, but at least he didn't reverse the quality of life reforms begun under Rudy Giuliani.   Mayors before Giuliani did NOTHING for the common citizen of NYC.   It showed on the city very badly. 

Unfortunately,  voters ended the reform with this one election with the job less then half done.   There is still so much that needs to be done that will not happen (or worse,  be reversed). 

I don't get to NYC often (and now will be less likely then ever),  but the differences between the NYC of my teen years (1980's) and my twenties was huge.   NYC was dirty, the subway smelled like a toilet, it was nasty looking,  with graffiti everywhere.    There were neighborhoods you just stayed out of. 

The irony,  the new mayor comes into office PROCLAIMING to be be the savior of the regular joe.   

The reality,  he will reverse the gains of the regular joe and make life in the city much worse.   He will stop the police from doing what they were doing to lower the crime rate.  Crime will be skyrocketing to levels not seen since the 1970's.   The parks will be retaken by the drug dealers and bums.   The new mayor will do nothing to stop it,  in fact his policies guarantee it.   

Instead of moving onto making the city a better place for small business,  with lower tax rates and less regulation.   Instead of improving the school system with vouchers and reform in public schools.   Nope, he will undo the things won hard over the last twenty years that made NYC liveable again. 

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 11:40:09 PM »
I'll never go there again.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 03:19:06 AM »
Well, just remember that this is the thread where all of the soon-to-occur horror stories go...no separate threads for each one. Gotta keep the chaos documentation under control here at IAL.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 07:58:15 AM »
With any luck we can chronicle the great NYC fire...frankly speaking, reducing it to ashes might be its only chance at salvation at this point.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 10:53:24 AM »
Because Death Spiral.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 12:12:32 PM »
So, this clown will help ensure NYC stays atop DeadSpin news posts?!

May thy fall be swift and painful!!!

Offline robins111

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 12:40:41 PM »
Well the bright side to this twit becoming mayor. Is that Toronto no longer has the dumbest mayor in North America.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 02:39:29 PM »
Well the bright side to this twit becoming mayor. Is that Toronto no longer has the dumbest mayor in North America.

Isn't THAT a dubious honor?

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2014, 05:12:07 PM »

I don't think they ever did. Detroit, Washington D.C., Chicago, maybe, but the Ford guy was a clown who did a few stupid things while greatly improving his city. The Mayors we have did the same things while DESTROYING their cities. I do not think we have ANY room to give Toronto a hard time.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 11:05:59 PM »

I don't think they ever did. Detroit, Washington D.C., Chicago, maybe, but the Ford guy was a clown who did a few stupid things while greatly improving his city. The Mayors we have did the same things while DESTROYING their cities. I do not think we have ANY room to give Toronto a hard time.

Three guesses (the first two don't count) to which political party those mayors belong.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2014, 01:54:33 AM »
So, just in case anyone doubted that this thread is needed...

(January 2, 2014) — Bill de Blasio, the newly inaugurated mayor of New York City, is moving forward with his plan to allocate $1 billion of pension assets to affordable housing—a massive increase to the funds' prior investments to this space.

His plan calls for creating 11,000 units over eight years with the additional $1 billion input from the city’s $144 billion pension funds. It also includes contraction of 50,000 new units through "inclusionary zoning"—a requirement that developers build affordable homes for low- and middle-income families.

This is hysterically funny. You just get elected mayor of the nation's largest city (for now) and what is your first official action?

That's right, create public housing. You just can't get more retro stupid than that. Well, I suppose you can and he is just the mayor to prove it so perhaps I should hold my tongue on that one. (Reason, logic and a basic knowledge of statistics and probabilities would tend to lead one to believe that all of his moves can't be this bad. Seriously, law of averages and all that stuff says that he just has to have a few days when he isn't this f**king stupid.)

And what makes it especially funny is that he is paying for this guaranteed-can't-possibly-succeed-in-a-million-years boondoggle with money appropriated from the NYC pension fund. Quick, someone do a payback or ROI analysis on throwing $1 billion into a near literal rathole Yep, I'm laughing on this one. I think you could get a better ROI by taking a billion dollars in $10's and $20's, feeding them into a shredder, bagging the stuff and selling it as cat litter.

Plus, I predict (and this one is really a total can't miss prediction but, hey, someone has to say it) that the $1 billion will 1) end up largely going into non-construction graft areas and that 2) they will need to go back to the pension fund to raid it again when they don't have enough money to finish these new housing projects. It's a low hanging curveball.

I suppose that David Dinkins will at least get the benefit of knowing that he will no longer be remembered as the stupidest idiot to ever be elected mayor of NYC.

How long before he disarms the NYPD? Don't laugh at that one. It is almost certainly on the list.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 02:04:02 AM by trapeze »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2014, 07:58:40 AM »
Hotel NYC, you can enter...and leave in a pine box.

Anybody with any sense left to them will leave, if not, well, join those who'll earn what is coming for them.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2014, 08:11:55 AM »
I'd be laughing at this except for a couple of minor points.

This is the opening salvo of Democrat garbage raiding pensions.  Even if today it's the government workers' pensions, you dam well better believe, mine and yours will be raided tomorrow.

As these are government pensions, every dollar a piece of Democrat garbage raids out of one bucket, will be bailed out by a bucket at the national level.  We will pay for this.  Guaranteed. 

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2014, 11:37:43 AM »
And gee, I thought Democrats were supposed to be the champions of public workers and their overgenerous pension benefits. So now they're using them as a piggy bank for the latest New-But-Not-So-New pet projects? Meanwhile Republicans are denounced whenever they suggest merely reducing the rate of increase to these precious "programs".

Speaking of public housing, have you also heard that the Wizards of Smart in NYC are totally in love with this new 250-375 square foot apartment concept? Yes, they're touting these as ideal affordable housing for families. 250 square feet, is that even as big as a shipping container?  But hey, it's trendy because sustainable! Pay no attention to the uncanny similarities to literal prisons that these liberal policies are producing.

It really is amazing what sort of self-abuse you can convince people to indulge in as long as it's portrayed as chic, trendy, ahead of the curve, happening. Live in an overpriced cage, feel culturally superior to the simpletons out in the hinterland -- proof that they're simpletons is the fact that they don't have the smarts to live in New York City! Yep, and the lady courtesans in imperial China used to ritualistically bind their feet to the point that they became deformed. Man! Now that is chic and trendy right there.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly