Author Topic: Day One Of New Year...Jihadi Workplace Accident In Minneapolis: Somalis Go Boom  (Read 3143 times)

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
I have absolutely no doubt there are people who already know or could know in short order what caused this...but I also seriously doubt the real truth will ever be seen by the public.

I have no interest in debating the qualifications or integrity of the investigators involved, for the sake of argument their character is unimpeachable.  But if in fact the true nature of what started this was a result of terrorists playing with explosives does anybody here think that information will ever be disclosed by the Minneapolis Police, the FBI or the Mayor's office...anybody?

But if this had been dirty white boys playing with matches and gasoline and their Facebook pages had links to Aryan Nation and the Tea Party it would have come out faster than you can say "Holy Guano, Batman!"!

Funny you should say that!

RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A Raleigh teen is accused of setting off an explosion at Garner Magnet High School Friday.

Garner police charged 18-year-old Andrew Garrett Eye, of Raleigh, with possession of a weapon of mass death and destruction.

They say Eye mixed chemicals in a two-liter bottle to set off the blast near a mobile classroom around 10:45 a.m.

No one was hurt and the explosion didn't cause any damage.

Police don't believe Eye is affiliated with any group.

Look, this is just a kid who apparently attends the oxymoronically named "Garner Magnet School" and was just playing around with some chemicals. But I feel better that he didn't yell Aloha Ackbar or something. Probably "hey y'all, watch this!"

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9243571
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I have absolutely no doubt there are people who already know or could know in short order what caused this...but I also seriously doubt the real truth will ever be seen by the public.

I have no interest in debating the qualifications or integrity of the investigators involved, for the sake of argument their character is unimpeachable.  But if in fact the true nature of what started this was a result of terrorists playing with explosives does anybody here think that information will ever be disclosed by the Minneapolis Police, the FBI or the Mayor's office...anybody?

But if this had been dirty white boys playing with matches and gasoline and their Facebook pages had links to Aryan Nation and the Tea Party it would have come out faster than you can say "Holy Guano, Batman!"!

RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A Raleigh teen is accused of setting off an explosion at Garner Magnet High School Friday.

Garner police charged 18-year-old Andrew Garrett Eye, of Raleigh, with possession of a weapon of mass death and destruction.

They say Eye mixed chemicals in a two-liter bottle to set off the blast near a mobile classroom around 10:45 a.m.

Look, this is just a kid who apparently attends the oxymoronically named "Garner Magnet School" and was just playing around with some chemicals. But I feel better that he didn't yell Aloha Ackbar or something. Probably "hey y'all, watch this!"

See, we literally cannot make this shyt up fast enough to keep up with the progessives and their pc/diversity/multi-culti cultist asshattery!

And they are bringing back the concept of "separate but equal" under their tilted terms!

Any justice you want will have to come from your own hands, the state and its systems are FUBAR!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member

Why are they charging kids with terrorism for setting off a drano "bomb".    Its hardly a "bomb".   If its what I think it is,  its  drano (or something like it)  a piece of tinfoil,  put into a 2 liter soda pop bottle and the lid put on.  The drano reacts to the tinfoil, expands until the bottle can't take the pressure anymore.    The only way anyone could get injured would be if they were holding it or within a few feet of it. 

Its a prank and should have been dealt with accordingly.   Of course the response should have been like what the adults of my youth did when we did it.   Which was,,,,,,,,,,,,,, NOTHING.   Well,  ok,  they were laughing,  and did say to be more careful.    My great aunt actually wanted to see one set off,  which of course we were happy to demonstrate (she was a retired science teacher).     

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Why are they charging kids with terrorism for setting off a drano "bomb".    Its hardly a "bomb".   If its what I think it is,  its  drano (or something like it)  a piece of tinfoil,  put into a 2 liter soda pop bottle and the lid put on.  The drano reacts to the tinfoil, expands until the bottle can't take the pressure anymore.    The only way anyone could get injured would be if they were holding it or within a few feet of it. 

Its a prank and should have been dealt with accordingly.   Of course the response should have been like what the adults of my youth did when we did it.   Which was,,,,,,,,,,,,,, NOTHING.   Well,  ok,  they were laughing,  and did say to be more careful.    My great aunt actually wanted to see one set off,  which of course we were happy to demonstrate (she was a retired science teacher).   

But the perp is white, so naturally he is a terrorist...no other proof required.  Welcome to ObamaWorld.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
This article, dated today, indicates that there is still no "official" cause of the explosion...yet.

An investigation into the cause continues, the Minneapolis Fire Department said. The blast, around 8 a.m. on Jan. 1, tore apart a building that housed 10 apartments and a grocery on the street level.

I have almost zero knowledge of fire/explosion investigative techniques but common sense tells me that if there was a natural gas explosion it should be fairly quick and easy to come to that conclusion.

Natural gas is lighter than air. This I do know. If the explosion occurred on the second floor and there was a volume of gas sufficient to destroy the building then I would have to assume that someone (actually several someones) on the upper floor would have reported a very definite odor of gas prior to the explosion.

I would also have to assume that whatever source was leaking natural gas in a sufficient quantity to destroy the building was still leaking (or capable of leaking if gas service was restored) after the fire was extinguished. I would think that it would be a fairly easy matter to locate the source of the leak even after the building was destroyed. For instance, I would think that the gas main entering the building could be isolated and a compressed air line connected to the line leading into the demolished building. The compressed air leaking from the open connection would be pretty easy to find/pinpoint in the rubble. In other words, I don't think that the explosion, resulting fire, extinguishing agents and the collapse of the building would shut off the leak. The leaking pipe should still be there. One caveat: I suppose it is possible for an explosion of this size (and the resulting destruction of the building) to cause a break in a gas line.

I would also assume the the gas company would not be so publicly forceful in their denial that the building had zero issues with gas leaks if it were not demonstrably true or if there was any chance that such a statement could easily be proven false.

Becca Virden, a spokeswoman for CenterPoint Energy, said there were no natural gas leaks in the system and that the utility received no reports of a suspicious odor before the blast.

I am also under the impression that it is probably not routine protocol to have the FBI involved in the investigation of an apartment explosion/fire.

Greg Boosalis, supervisory special agent with the FBI in Minneapolis, said the investigation is continuing, but at this juncture there is no evidence of terrorist activity. Boosalis said the FBI has been assisting Minneapolis officials in a "support role."

It has now been the better part of a week since the explosion occurred and the authorities have yet to rule one way or another. It just seems to me that this would not be very difficult to rule on, one way or the other, within such a span of time.

Fire Chief John Fruetel said Thursday that investigators are focusing on a gas explosion as a possible cause due to the nature of the debris field and because some witnesses spoke of an odor. However, he added the exact cause may never be determined.

Please note the parsing of the words..."some witnesses  (may or may not be occupants) spoke of an odor (may or may not have been a combustible gas odor which may or may not have been detected prior to the explosion)." What he did not say: "Building occupants smelled gas prior to the explosion." Also (and I ask this from total ignorance on the subject), how common is it to never determine the cause of a building explosion and under what circumstances does it become impossible to do so?

But, as I said earlier, I am not an authority on such matters so these are my opinions based solely on my own speculative judgement.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 02:09:06 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
It is all bullsh*t.  When has the FBI ever willingly taken a backseat to locals?  I'll tell you how this worked - They know this was Somali's playing with explosives gone bad and the call went right from the mayors office to Jarrett, Jarrett told AG to get the Feds to stand down, neither wants to cause public panic or have the good Somali people or Muslims to have bad press and they sure as hell don't want that community getting all uppity...but most of all they want to keep everybody else clueless to the threats around them.  Follow the money, the next step is to pay off the victims to keep the community's mouth shut.  If it comes from the city there is all the proof you'll ever see.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
If it was something muzzie made, it seems the ATF would be neck deep in it.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.

My impression has always been that the when the FBI says, "jump" the ATF asks, "how high?"
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

My impression has always been that the when the FBI says, "jump" the ATF asks, "how high?"

I agree.  Besides, everything comes out of the DOJ, and the DOJ kneels to the White House.

'Nuff said.