Author Topic: MEP Godfrey Bloom -- can we start doing "exchange legislators"?  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
MEP Godfrey Bloom -- can we start doing "exchange legislators"?
« on: January 03, 2014, 09:46:03 PM »
Godfrey Bloom, Member of European Parliament from northern England, launches into the crooked bastards surrounding him in the European Parliament in Strasbourg.  I especially love his last line.  Can you imagine any GOPer ever having the brass ones to do this?

Godfrey Bloom: The State is an Institution of Theft @goddersbloom
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: MEP Godfrey Bloom -- can we start doing "exchange legislators"?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 12:48:59 AM »
Guts; no fear. Not Republican material.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 09:57:21 AM »
I will gladly trade Boehner AND McConnell for Daniel Hannon or this guy

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 10:54:57 AM »
Nigel Farage too.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 11:58:46 AM »
Oh, Hell Yeah!  One of them is worth any dozen of ours!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 07:27:16 AM »
More on the UK Independence Party: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/01/04/britain-version-tea-party-rocks-political-system-across-pond/

It's interesting that Farage points out the major difference between themselves and the Tea Party movement here is that UKIP have no delusions about reforming the Conservative Party. They want to replace it, not reform it. I think this is a clarity of purpose that the Tea Party needs to adopt.  Granted, it is easier for upstart parties in a parliamentary system like Britain's, but just because our system favors two strong parties that doesn't mean we should be stuck with them forever.

Since I think we are probably well past any political solution, I see no harm in pursuing maximum boldness in the political arena. Whatever slim chance there might be of a political solution, it's one that is going to require maximum boldness anyway. This game of Beltway Patty-cake with the GOP makes no sense to me. The GOP are the Scottish nobles in Braveheart, always trying to suck the wind out of Wallace's sails while they secretly collude with the English in exchange for personal benefit.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 11:34:16 AM »
More on the UK Independence Party: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/01/04/britain-version-tea-party-rocks-political-system-across-pond/

It's interesting that Farage points out the major difference between themselves and the Tea Party movement here is that UKIP have no delusions about reforming the Conservative Party. They want to replace it, not reform it. I think this is a clarity of purpose that the Tea Party needs to adopt.  Granted, it is easier for upstart parties in a parliamentary system like Britain's, but just because our system favors two strong parties that doesn't mean we should be stuck with them forever.

Since I think we are probably well past any political solution, I see no harm in pursuing maximum boldness in the political arena. Whatever slim chance there might be of a political solution, it's one that is going to require maximum boldness anyway. This game of Beltway Patty-cake with the GOP makes no sense to me. The GOP are the Scottish nobles in Braveheart, always trying to suck the wind out of Wallace's sails while they secretly collude with the English in exchange for personal benefit.

Harumph!!!   ::clapping::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.