Author Topic: VA schools 'Standards of Learning' mandate teaching of islamic beliefs  (Read 2477 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
At a recent meeting of the Mechanicsville TEA Party, a home study guide from a 9th grade student at Hanover’s Lee Davis High School was revealed to the assembled group.

Most expressed horror and outrage that our schools would teach Theology at all, let alone Muslim Theology.

A few of the more incendiary parts of the Home Study Guide (see attached PDF file below) are under the heading “People of the Book” or in Arabic Kafir.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Sounds good to me. After all, those pesky little things like good grammer and how to add are so 20th* 19th century. Far better our children can understand the muderous culture of their neighbor.  /sarc

*too many in the latter half of the 20th century managed to avoid learning how to write a decent sentence and add simple numbers.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
How utterly demented.  ::facepalm::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline michelleo

And in California "gay history" is now required.  So.Glad.I.Homeschool.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Teach my belief too, that Islam should be rooted out and destroyed, it is antithetical toward liberty and has no place in our nation.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline fingerroll

• Likes the place
You have to love the hypocracy of the left.  Seperate church and state but not mosque and state.  Islam is such a peaceful religion while Christians regularly bomb coffee shops, commit suicide/murder bombings, behead, burn, honor kill their women and young, so it is easy to see how Christianity is a danger to our kids.  Therefore it should be banned from secular society while we celebrate diversity by teaching from the Quoran. 

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
How utterly demented.  ::facepalm::

And how.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie