Author Topic: The Sun's Poles Have Flipped  (Read 884 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
The Sun's Poles Have Flipped
« on: January 06, 2014, 04:24:08 PM »
NASA: The sun has flipped upside down
Sunday, January 05, 2014 by: David Gutierrez, staff writer

(NaturalNews) The sun has "flipped upside down," NASA announced at the end of December. Although the star that defines our solar system has not physically flipped, its north and south poles have reversed in a natural process marking the midpoint of what is known as the solar cycle.

According to Todd Hoeksema, director of the Wilcox Solar Observatory at Stanford University, the sun goes through a natural cycle that averages 22 years. In each half-cycle, areas of intense solar magnetic activity known as sunspots gradually move from the sun's equatorial region toward the poles, eventually disrupting the magnetic fields at the star's North and South. Eventually, the sun's magnetic field shuts down entirely, then reboots with the positive and negative poles at opposite sides.

"It's kind of like a tide coming in or going out," Hoeksema said. "Each little wave brings a little more water in, and eventually you get to the full reversal."

This cycle then repeats, ending when the poles are back in their initial locations. The recent reversal marks the midpoint of Solar Cycle 24, which began in 2002.

{snip}

These effects may impact space exploration. Intensified cosmic rays, for example, might damage space probes or even pose physical dangers to astronauts. They might also have effects on Earth's climate, although the exact nature of these effects remains unclear.

Extremely coincidental with the severe weather events this winter.

http://www.naturalnews.com/043408_NASA_magnetic_pole_reversal_solar_cycle.html#ixzz2pewiNqpF
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: The Sun's Poles Have Flipped
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 06:12:20 PM »

There you go injecting logic into the equation again. I thought we taught you better.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 10:32:48 PM »

There you go injecting logic into the equation again. I thought we taught you better.

I'm just a silly nuthin'. One of those "flyover" folks.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 06:58:45 AM »
These effects may impact space exploration. Intensified cosmic rays, for example, might damage space probes or even pose physical dangers to astronauts. They might also have effects on Earth's climate, although the exact nature of these effects remains unclear.

Might want to look into that maybe?  Maybe cut back on the stupid sh*t like Muzzie outreach, etc?  Just a fricken thought...!

:o
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.