Author Topic: Chris Christie bridge-lane closure "scandal"  (Read 1258 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Chris Christie bridge-lane closure "scandal"
« on: January 09, 2014, 12:55:51 PM »
If y'all haven't heard about this by now, I don't know how you missed it.  Rush said earlier that more airtime has already been spent on this than was spent on Benghazi.

To recap:  In September, a Christie staffer, a Port Authority official and a couple of other Christie-associated people colluded in orchestrating a four-lane road closure on the GW Bridge into Fort Lee, NJ/NYC, causing massive traffic jams for days, in retaliation against the Mayor of Fort Lee for not supporting Christie's re-election bid -- and then they lied to Christie when asked, denying any involvement.

This led Christie to go blustering about in his usual manner, committing several faux pas especially now that the truth is out. 

Where we are right now is the Usual Suspect Republicans and some "conservatives" have begun slobbering over Christie's "masterful handling" of the situation -- Presidential, donchaknow; the Usual Suspect Democrats are out for Christie blood, on the other hand.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/01/08/dems-claim-christie-orchestrated-bridge-closure-as-political-retribution/

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/01/09/christie-rolls-some-heads-says-hes-heartbroken-by-betrayal-of-staff-in-bridge-scandal/
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 01:13:03 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Chris Christie bridge-lane closure "scandal"
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 01:38:36 PM »
Boehner: Christie remains presidential contender

Ya, whatever.

Republicans could use this opportunity to take a harsh stand against road closures, just to spite a people, if some leader doesn't get everything he wants.  Maybe rub low information media's noses into the obvious double standard they're taking on the subject.  Monkeys could also start flying out of by butt.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 02:08:47 PM »
Why am I having a difficult time working up any concern? ::thinking::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 02:10:25 PM »
Where was this futhermucking media when the Obama regime was spitefully closing the roads to people's homes, just because their property happened to border federal land?

::pullhair::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 02:25:44 PM »
Put Christie up for president in 2016= another Democrat (most likely Hillary) in the White House.

Leave Christie in Jersey.   In a state as blue as New Jersey,  Christie works as governor.   As president for the whole country.  Not so much.    He is too RINOy at times.   Voters have demanded a true conservative and haven't gotten anyone in 2008 and 2012,  and Christie 2016 would be yet another failure of Republican "leadership".   

On the subject of "Bridgegate".   Its one of those things when Democrats do it,  nobody cries foul.   Its a play straight from their playbook.   I imagine Democrats pull these kinds of stunts on a regular basis in the NYC area.   But when a Republican does it,  all hell break loose.     Should they have done it?  Of course not,  only Democrats can get away with this type of sleaze.  Frankly Republican stink at trying to be Democrats.   

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 03:06:16 PM »

I hate it when I find myself defending my enemies.

So far, what I've heard and read about this I must side with Crusty. Should it turn out that he is lying I hope that they crucify him.

That said, even if this is true, the level of severity of this "offense" doesn't rise to what Øbozo commits on a daily basis.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 03:15:32 PM »

I hate it when I find myself defending my enemies.

So far, what I've heard and read about this I must side with Crusty. Should it turn out that he is lying I hope that they crucify him.

That said, even if this is true, the level of severity of this "offense" doesn't rise to what Øbozo commits on a daily basis.

There is that.  I don't know if he's lying or not, iow, I don't care.

They put him up as the R nominee, there's no way I'm voting for him.  None.  No nose holding and no vote, period.

This current hoohah is nothing compared to who he really is, who Romney's vetters know he is; he's anti-2A and pro-muslim; he appointed an activist 'slim to a NJ court.  What else they discovered is slimy, but these two things for me are enough.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 03:49:36 PM »
I'm with you, Pan.  He's not worth my time nor my effort.
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 05:21:53 PM »
Fat chance I'll vote for him

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 06:31:40 PM »
I will not vote for an anti-gun, fat-ass bully boy RINO Republican. I won't stay home, but I will vote for any other constitution candidates.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 06:59:30 PM »
I'm just waiting for the federal investigations into "Fat and Furious"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 07:01:17 PM »
::snerk::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2014, 08:03:01 PM »
Where was this futhermucking media when the Obama regime was spitefully closing the roads to people's homes, just because their property happened to border federal land?

This x1000.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 07:29:14 AM »

This x1000.

Yeah.  Not defending His Bloated Highness, but he missed a golden opportunity to sucker the media and give Obamian answers to this scandal and skewer them when they go apesh*t...but he like Obama is a Ruling Class jerk, so that thought would never have entered his mind.  The duplicity of the media is stark, sickening and infuriating...but when has it not been so these past 40 years, hmmm?

I'm having a hard time caring about Christie, the media, Dem's or Pubbies...they all deserve my wrath!

What I would love to see is an independent voice stepping forward who will do battle with all our enemies...but candidates are coming up short...

Back to tending to my own business...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.