Author Topic: David Cassidy  (Read 645 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
David Cassidy
« on: January 14, 2014, 10:09:17 AM »
Not really entertainment, but related to entertainment.

David Cassidy headed back to rehab, rep says

Singer-actor arrested on drunken driving charge for 3rd time in 3 years

By Alan Duke CNN
POSTED: 05:27 PM CST Jan 13, 2014
UPDATED: 12:55 AM CST Jan 14, 2014

LOS ANGELES (CNN) -
Stressful questioning by lawyers about "Partridge Family" profits apparently drove David Cassidy to drink, leading to his third drunken driving arrest in three years, his manager said Monday.

"David just completed a stint in rehab and was doing very well in sobriety," manager Jo-Ann Geffen said.

The former teen idol will return to an undisclosed facility to resume his alcohol rehab in the wake of Friday night's arrest, Geffen said.

"He was in Los Angeles to attend depositions by Sony Pictures Television, respondents in a lawsuit filed by Cassidy in 2011 over what he claims are monies long due him from 'Partridge Family' merchandise, home video, etc.," she said. "After attending his and his manager's depositions, it appears as if the pressure led to a brief relapse."

Cassidy, 63, was on his way to the Los Angeles airport  "to return to his home in Florida and to transitional rehabilitation" when he was stopped by a California Highway Patrol officer, she said.

The singer-actor blew .19 -- twice the legal level -- on an alcohol test administered by the officer who stopped his rented Chevrolet Impala, according to a California Highway Patrol statement on Saturday.

http://www.abc17news.com/lifestyle/entertainment/David-Cassidy-headed-back-to-rehab-rep-says/-/18454954/23911274/-/10lpuxm/-/index.html
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: David Cassidy
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 11:28:17 AM »
Did he give the "Yyah knooow wwwho Iammmm?"?   ::laughonfloor::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 11:33:05 AM »
"He was in Los Angeles to attend depositions by Sony Pictures Television, respondents in a lawsuit filed by Cassidy in 2011 over what he claims are monies long due him from 'Partridge Family' merchandise, home video, etc.,"

Which translates into "I'm broke so I'm gonna try and suck some bucks outta Sony since they've got more than I do".
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 02:21:29 PM »
'Partridge Family' merchandise, home video, etc.,"

I don't think they're selling many lunch boxes, anymore.