Author Topic: JOE BATTIPAGLIA  (Read 2360 times)

charlesoakwood

JOE BATTIPAGLIA
« on: April 14, 2011, 08:51:05 PM »

http://tickerforum.org/akcs-www?singlepost=2510386

The burly Wall Street veteran was a frequent presence on television, particularly during the bull market run in the 1990s when he maintained a largely upbeat stance on the market and in some ways an embodiment of the bullishness of the period.

"Besides the obvious physical attributes of looking like a linebacker, the best way to say it was that he was a very generous guy," said Vinny Catalano, chief investment strategist at Blue Marble Research.

"He truly was a gentle giant. He was a lot of fun to interact with both professionally and personally, and it's truly a large loss."

JOE BATTIPAGLIA
Market Strategist
Stifel Nicolaus

Joe Battipaglia is market strategist-private client group for Stifel Nicolaus and is also the CIO of Washington Crossing Advisors which is a Stifel Nicolaus investment advisory program.

He is the former chairman of investment policy at Ryan, Beck & Co., where he conducted strategic market and economic analysis in support of the firm's retail network and institutional presence. Prior to joining Ryan, Beck & Co. in 2002, Mr. Battipaglia served over an 18-year period in a number of executive positions at Gruntal & Co. Before joining Gruntal in 1984, he was a financial analyst for the Exxon Corporation and worked as a securities analyst at Elkins & Co.

Mr. Battipaglia is featured frequently in the national television. Additionally, he speaks regularly with reporters from The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and other publications where his market views are often quoted.

Battipaglia is a former trustee of the Securities Industry Institute, which is the Security Industry Association's premier leadership and management education program. He graduated Phi Beta Kappa in economics from Boston College and earned his MBA at the Wharton Graduate School of Business, University of Pennsylvania.

The Stifel spokeswoman did not give a cause of death. Stifel Nicolaus is the broker/dealer subsidiary of Stifel Financial Corp. (SF.N).

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: JOE BATTIPAGLIA
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 09:41:08 PM »
RIP!Lord keep you.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: JOE BATTIPAGLIA
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 07:11:55 AM »
Oh man, 55, sad.  Saw him a lot on TV etc over the years.

R.I.P. Joe.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.