Author Topic: Home Defense Accessory For Your AR15  (Read 1492 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Home Defense Accessory For Your AR15
« on: January 15, 2014, 12:12:22 AM »
There isn't anything to say about this. It speaks for itself.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Home Defense Accessory For Your AR15
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 12:47:45 AM »
Hell yeah. I've seen videos of guys "bumpfiring" - some with a rubber band-like accessory, and some claiming to have mastered the technique without it.

This looks like a refining and perfecting of the concept.

Looks like I'll need several thousand more rounds.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 07:05:16 AM »
"Looks like I'll need several thousand more rounds."

Aye!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 09:14:42 AM »
Slide Fire is supposed to have a very nice bump fire accessory for hand held rifles, too.

I have a Hell Fire accessory for my Mini 14 but I haven't used it in years. It's sort of a curiosity. I used it once or twice...it does work...and then decided that it was kind of a quick way to go through ammo without much purpose. In other words, I really need some kind of a real life and death situation to justify going through thirty rounds in just a few seconds.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 09:20:04 AM »
Slide Fire is supposed to have a very nice bump fire accessory for hand held rifles, too.

I have a Hell Fire accessory for my Mini 14 but I haven't used it in years. It's sort of a curiosity. I used it once or twice...it does work...and then decided that it was kind of a quick way to go through ammo without much purpose. In other words, I really need some kind of a real life and death situation to justify going through thirty rounds in just a few seconds.

Even if I could get my hands on a select-fire I would only use it semi. I guess it's the way I was taught but I prefer precision in my shooting. 10 shots - 10 kills vs. 10 shots - 1 splashy kill. I'll take the 10 kills every time.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 09:23:41 AM »
Plus it really overheats the barrel. Plus muzzle rise.

I suppose that is why the US military has the three shot burst as a choice instead of just full or semi auto.

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 09:46:13 AM »
But it is so much fun getting a barrel to glow red in the dark!  Did that once with an M60 with every 5th round being a tracer.   ::thumbsup::
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 03:27:15 PM »

They do, it's a replacement buttstock with a reciprocating mechanism made into it.  "Bumpski" is one of the other popular brands of a similar product.  There are some people who have mastered the art of bump firing without special stocks, even able to do it from the shoulder.  I've ripped off a few rounds using the hip fire technique, but never got good at it, mainly because I never really tried.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly