Author Topic: Unarmed gun owner harrassed by police on trip through Maryland  (Read 1831 times)

Offline richb

• Established Member
Why do many police officers see gun owners as the enemy in urban or blue areas (and sadly in other areas too)?

Gun owners SHOULD be seen as allies not the enemy by the police.   It may get to the point where gun owners see the police as enemies as much as they see criminals as enemies.   

Here is yet another cop(s) going too far.   

http://tbo.com/list/columns-tjackson/jackson-gun-owner-unarmed-unwelcome-in-maryland-20140112/

He did get an apology from a few higher ups,  but no note of whether those cops got a refresher course on the constitution.   My guess the cop will not be disciplined.   I wonder what the "warning" was issued for. 

I think all police need a yearly refresher course in basic rights including chiefs and higher ups.  Its not just the failure of these individual cops,  but lack of proper training.   The anti-gun culture of the elite part of many urban departments filters down to the street cops. 

I think police caught violating basic rights of citizens should face more sanctions, if proper training has been provided.    I also think many police tactics need to be banned as well.   Yes, it will make their jobs harder at times,  but the bad apples have ruined it for all. 

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Unarmed gun owner harrassed by police on trip through Maryland
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 04:52:46 PM »
John's wife, Kally, could use a smack upside her head as well.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 04:55:06 PM »
John's wife, Kally, could use a smack upside her head as well.

My FIL is a retired city cop. My wife KNOWS not to say squat.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 06:19:32 PM »
Does anyone think for even a moment this was some random stop?  That some officer was running checks on plates to see who had a CCW?
No. Some vindictive asshole of a lefty he knows called it in- told them his license number, make of his car , his route  and  approximate time he would be driving through and said he was carrying. Because the purpose of gnu laws is to persecute those who own guns. Not to protect anyone. To persecute.

Lesson: Don't get a CCW, carry when and where you want and if an officer calls you on it, tell him you don't have a permit because of Nazis like this guy in New Jersey.  They will pass illegitimate  laws till we are all criminals anyway.  They won't stop till they have something on everyone so they can harass anyone they feel gets out of line.  There is no point in following laws you disagree with any longer, because they will simply make one up if they want to "teach you a lesson"  and this will continue until you pull out that pistol and teach the enforcer of these stupid laws  a lesson.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 06:23:00 PM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 07:18:32 AM »
Or, if you do have a permit...stay out of shythole places like Maryland...New York...

And as far as "It may get to the point where gun owners see the police as enemies as much as they see criminals as enemies." goes, we are already there.   
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Maryland Police
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 01:58:10 PM »
His wife needs to learn how to STFU.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 02:48:42 PM »
Yeah, she does.  But where the  ::cussing::  does this fascist come off with his SS routine?.

A) Should sue the  ::cussing:: city!

B) Next time might not go so well.

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 04:41:41 PM »
Got a thread going over in the 2nd Ad.  Section too.

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php?topic=10269.0

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2014, 07:38:51 PM »
I was looking for that, rich, so I could merge them.  Doing so under "Police State" section.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2014, 06:46:51 AM »
His wife needs to learn how to STFU.

"I had the right to remain silent; I just didn't have the ability." -- Ron White
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.