Author Topic: Sochi 2014  (Read 6791 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Sochi 2014
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2014, 09:59:40 AM »
Yup, playing the best of anyone all the way through the quarterfinals and then they throw that stinker up there.  Not sure how much motivation is there for the bronze.  Still, finished better than the Rooskies and that's all that matter, right?  I mean besides beating Canada there really is nothing else to play for.

I hear the NHL might be done, won't be sending pro's to Korea in 2018.  Back to raiding the college ranks and such.  Might be just as well.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2014, 07:03:05 AM »
Darn Rooskies won the medal count.

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/sochi-2014/medals/

Oh well, we'll see what South Korea brings in 4 years.  I like a local guy on the radio here, one of his flunkies had an idea that we should establish a boot camp style winter olympic sports training facility in the middle of Alaska somewhere and get some hardcore training in to do better.  If it wasn't for the new X-game events we would have fared ever worse in the medal count.  How is it with our American spirit of adventure and generally enjoying things that can maim or kill us and our technology and such cannot dominate the various sledding events.  How did we go from good in speedskating to sucking?  Why can't we do better in cross-country skiing and biathlon stuff like curling and ski jumping?  I kinda like the boot camp idea.  I think Colorado Springs might be too posh!

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2014, 10:05:57 AM »
You know what was embarrassing? The women's USA hockey team crying because they got 2nd place.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2014, 11:14:09 AM »
There's no crying in hockey!   ::facepalm::