Author Topic: Trump for President  (Read 7313 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Trump for President
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2011, 10:45:24 PM »
I think Trump's presidential interest stems from his business interests. 

While he may be a great businessman I don't see him as a good leader.  Not with that ego.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2011, 11:48:23 PM »
Rush also recently admonished a caller that going the Third Party route was a recipe for defeat. Like most of us Rush is disgusted with what passes for leadership in the Republican party, but he's definitely still on board with the party.

He is on board with the two party system and recognizes the utter futility of mounting any kind of third party challenge.

I think he is giving the Donald air time because he is the only person, at this time, engaging the opposition with intent, not to win, but to beat/defeat them.  That is an important strategical point lost to most Republicans.

It's also a very thin line to navigate. He has to allow the fire to burn the Democrats but still keep it in the bottle so that it doesn't consume their only logical opposition.

Rush is a smart guy and I have a lot of confidence in him but this is dangerous.

Dangerous times call for dangerous action and he is best suited for the task.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2011, 12:13:28 PM »
Paul at Stuff Black People Don't Like has found something that black people really don't like: Donald Trump. Or rather, they used to like him, but now they're up in arms against him for his attacks on Obama, for his criticisms of blacks over their uniform support for Obama, which he called "frightening," and for his startlingly retro and un-PC phrase, "the blacks."

Donald Trump's new role as a Birther has been making headlines for weeks now. And despite some heavy backlash from the African-American community, Trump still seems to think all is well. "I have a great relationship with the blacks," he said after calling into Fred Dicker's radio show this morning, going on to say that the overwhelming black support for President Obama is "frightening." 

Instead of viewing the business mogul as crazy, some African Americans are now claiming that the outlandish Birther accusations are downright racist. "There's a lot of people that I've talked to [who] instinctively think that he's using the issue as a proxy for race," Urban League President Marc Morial told Politico. "It's like a modern-day Salem witch trial -- because there's no merit to it."

Black celebrities have been quite vocal in their criticism of The Apprentice creator. "As a people, we celebrated his business acumen; purchased his books and anything else with the Trump name we could get our hands on," Goldie Taylor wrote on The Grio. "Now among African-Americans, the once gilded Trump brand is about as worthless as a plug nickel. I'm not calling Trump a racist. But he ought to quit quacking before people start believing he's a duck."

Paul positively defends the phrase, "the blacks," saying that it accurately denotes the monolithic nature of black thinking, as shown, for example, by Bill Cosby's recent turn against Trump:

That Bill Cosby, a man hated by "the blacks" for his vociferous attacks against their immersion into degeneracy, would defend Mein Obama against Trump's legitimate criticism tells you all you need to know about the monolithic nature of "The blacks." ...

"The blacks" is the most accurate way to describe the collective black mind. Donald Trump's soft jabs at Mein Obama have even Bill Cosby returning to monolithic black thought.

Auster
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2011, 12:23:19 PM »
IDP said on another thread, and I agree, that Trump is a stalking horse for the Democrats.

Obama's only chance for re-election is to divide the conservative vote.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2011, 12:54:27 PM »
IDP said on another thread, and I agree, that Trump is a stalking horse for the Democrats.

Obama's only chance for re-election is to divide the conservative vote.

I heard Trump say that if doesn't think he can win it he'll pull out because he doesn't want to steal votes from the Repubs. I have to take him at his word at this time.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 08:15:14 AM »
I don't think he'd go far in the primaries, and so if he serves as a foil to raise the issues others won't, fine with me.  Of course I never thought we'd nominate a RINO again...so I've been wrong before...

::)

:P
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2011, 09:59:09 AM »
I don't think he'd go far in the primaries, and so if he serves as a foil to raise the issues others won't, fine with me.  Of course I never thought we'd nominate a RINO again...so I've been wrong before...

I think there are enough people out who are sick of where this country is going but are afraid of anyone with any kind of religious or military affinity so they will probably see Trump as the answer.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2011, 10:08:04 AM »

I think there are enough people out who are sick of where this country is going but are afraid of anyone with any kind of religious or military affinity so they will probably see Trump as the answer.

Are those the same people who thought J-Mac was the answer?  Such people sound like ripe pickings for a manipulative bastard like The Butthead...and the Rovian's have been uncharacteristically quiet...which tells me they are up to no good!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2011, 10:19:58 AM »

Are those the same people who thought J-Mac was the answer?  Such people sound like ripe pickings for a manipulative bastard like The Butthead...and the Rovian's have been uncharacteristically quiet...which tells me they are up to no good!

:o   ::thumbsup::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2011, 10:24:51 AM »

I would say they are the same people.  They might not like Obama but anyone with strong principles like Palin or West, etc makes them "itch".  They keep hoping someone like McCain will be the answer so they don't have to reassess their own beliefs and choices.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2011, 10:43:41 AM »

I would say they are the same people.  They might not like Obama but anyone with strong principles like Palin or West, etc makes them "itch".  They keep hoping someone like McCain will be the answer so they don't have to reassess their own beliefs and choices.

Heh, cowards then!  No stomach for them either!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2011, 10:58:01 AM »
I think you're right. We live in an era where unprincipled "for hire" values are considered virtuous. It has the superficial trappings of moderation, of calm and reasoned evaluation of the facts at hand, but in reality it's to adhere to incoherent and often contradictory positions.

The good news (if you can call it that) is that reality will not be forestalled much longer, so they can wring their hands and wish upon a star as much as they want. It's like the people who say they're not "willing" to "accept" changes to Social Security. Well guess what? Change is a coming. You can either do some preemptive, proactive reforms and control the change, or you can demagogue about old people eating dog food and dying in gutters until the whole system blows up in our faces, i.e. what we might call uncontrolled "change".

What moral cowardice corrupts the modern citizenry!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2011, 12:37:51 PM »
...We live in an era where unprincipled "for hire" values are considered virtuous. It has the superficial trappings of moderation, of calm and reasoned evaluation of the facts at hand...

You nailed it with that description. Those people make me sick. 

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2011, 12:57:10 PM »
...We live in an era where unprincipled "for hire" values are considered virtuous. It has the superficial trappings of moderation, of calm and reasoned evaluation of the facts at hand...

Of a willingness to examine both sides, of balance, because Principles aren't automatically heavily weighted; they're only one factor to "consider".

They make me sick as well.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2011, 02:58:56 PM »

Of a willingness to examine both sides, of balance, because Principles aren't automatically heavily weighted; they're only one factor to "consider".

They make me sick as well.

The underlying assumption is that if you're balanced and open to both sides you will be able to prove it -- by agreeing with them! 

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2011, 05:10:43 PM »
Trump is most likely "for hire"....or maybe, imo, a better description may be Trump does things (like vote obama, call Bush worst President, etc) because he may recognize a business advantage. An opportunist who can justify his actions because he may aquire a future consideration.

An example would be his railing over product made in China and its damage to the USA...but admits he buys from them because of reduced costs.

I believe Trump would be sound fiscally. We need a business mindset to take care of this debt. The more I listen to him on other matters..the more I doubt his sincerely....But in money matters, i'll trust the Donald over these other asshats. It is one area he has expertise not lay out the lines of bullchit.

Certainly hope he is being honest about not running if it would divide the conservative vote.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2011, 05:25:28 PM »

He will not run for president.  His business is a hands on operation.  If he becomes president it will be necessary to put operations into some form of trust and he can't do that.  If he turned the strings over to someone else Trump enterprises would go into receivership. 

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2011, 05:28:12 PM »

He will not run for president.  His business is a hands on operation.  If he becomes president it will be necessary to put operations into some form of trust and he can't do that.  If he turned the strings over to someone else Trump enterprises would go into receivership. 

I agree he won't run but his son and daughter have been groomed since they were born.He's just a master at free publicity.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2011, 05:36:19 PM »
He's just a master at free publicity.

I think he's up to something and it's not running for prez.  Last week as he ended his conversation with Rush about when he'd announce he said something to the effect "I might surprise you."

Well, running won't surprise anyone.  I think he has other ideas.  What? I'm not sure.  I think he may endorse someone else.

I've never thought Trump would give up his businesses.  He strikes me as someone used to his own timetable and whims.  I can't see him giving that up.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2011, 06:09:00 PM »
If he decides to assume a king-maker role and chooses the wrong candidate...