Author Topic: Trump for President  (Read 7311 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: Trump for President
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2011, 10:10:46 PM »
If he decides to assume a king-maker role and chooses the wrong candidate...
That's a devilish question.  His endorsement could be worse than him running.  However, a little op research and the endorser and endorsee could be discredited.  As long as things are out of the hands of LEADERSHIP we'll be OK.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/george/2011/04/donald-trumps-solution-on-gas-prices-get-tough-with-saudi-arabia-seize-oil-fields-in-libya-and-iraq.html
And Trump was even more specific on what he would do with the Iraq oil fields: seize them.

Trump: George, let me explain something to you.  We go into Iraq.  We have spent thus far, $1.5 trillion.  We could have rebuilt half of the United States.  $1.5 trillion.  And we’re going to then leave.  So, in the old days, you know when you had a war, to the victor belong the spoils.  You go in.  You win the war and you take it.

Stephanopoulos: It would take hundreds of thousands of troops to secure the oil fields.

Trump: Excuse me.  No, it wouldn’t at all.

Stephanopoulos: So, we steal an oil field?

Trump: Excuse me.  You’re not stealing.  Excuse me.  You’re not stealing anything.  You’re taking-- we’re reimbursing ourselves-- at least, at a minimum, and I say more.  We’re taking back $1.5 trillion to reimburse ourselves.

I do have visions of some hot old guns with snifters speculating whether the Donald would really let them do what they do best.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2011, 03:48:50 AM »
On the outside chance that Trump were to receive the Republican nomination , the only way Stymie could lose would be if he was caught by Michele , in bed with a dead girl or a live boy . ( Hat tip to Edwin Edwards of Louisiana .)

charlesoakwood

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2011, 06:03:53 PM »

Trump is running!  So sayeth Charles Krauthammer tonight on Fox.
Charles apparently said hard words yesterday and the Donald called him today and impressed him that he is a serious person and a serious candidate.

ding...ding...ding...ding...ding...ding...ding...ding...ding...ding...ding

« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 06:06:38 PM by Charles Oakwood »

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2011, 06:53:49 PM »

Trump is running!  So sayeth Charles Krauthammer tonight on Fox.
Charles apparently said hard words yesterday and the Donald called him today and impressed him that he is a serious person and a serious candidate.

ding...ding...ding...ding...ding...ding...ding...ding...ding...ding...ding

I heard that today and I'll tell you I still don't buy it. It's not beneath Trump to lie his ass off.I see this as the final test before he make the financial investment he'll need to make.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline michelleo

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2011, 12:27:50 AM »
I'm not a fan of the Donald, either.  If he winds up being my only choice, then so be it.  It would be like voting for the goat who has more sense than a liberal. 

charlesoakwood

« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2011, 03:12:06 PM »

http://minx.cc/?post=315157
And Trump, he [Bill Kristol] agrees, is performing a useful function by, as I said, "treating Obama like an ordinary politician" and beating hell out of him -- not only does this bring Obama down to earth, and make it seem less taboo to not treat him with the deference reserved for the Sun King, but heck, who knows, maybe more Republicans will get the hint that it's okay to start hitting Obama hard.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2011, 03:32:57 PM »

http://minx.cc/?post=315157
And Trump, he [Bill Kristol] agrees, is performing a useful function by, as I said, "treating Obama like an ordinary politician" and beating hell out of him -- not only does this bring Obama down to earth, and make it seem less taboo to not treat him with the deference reserved for the Sun King, but heck, who knows, maybe more Republicans will get the hint that it's okay to start hitting Obama hard.

He is an ordinary politician.Call him out and make him defend every breath he takes.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2011, 04:19:12 PM »
...He is an ordinary politician.Call him out and make him defend every breath he takes.

As I've said before, liberalism IS defending the indefensible.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2011, 07:12:25 PM »
...He is an ordinary politician.Call him out and make him defend every breath he takes.

And the Ruling Class pukes in the GOP are complicit in allowing them to control the debate and the candidate selections in too many races!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2011, 07:36:08 PM »

And making them stand there and try an defend it is the job of the GOP.Make them repeat the nonsense answers till it dawn on people that it is BS. The problem with the general public is that they have the memory of an Alzheimer patient.
 Filippo Mazzie