Author Topic: Dr. Jack Kevorkian & HBO  (Read 1281 times)

Offline rickl

• Established Member
Dr. Jack Kevorkian & HBO
« on: February 21, 2011, 06:59:13 PM »
Dr. Jack Kevorkian & HBO
Post by rocketman on Apr 25, 2010, 11:03am

The made for HBO movie -

"You Don't Know Jack"

Was on last night. It was fairly good.

1.) I can't stand Al Pacino, but he did a decent acting job - the accent he used was bizarre tho,
2.) Some of the "facts" weren't really factual,
3.) Sleaze bag ambulance-chasing lawyer Geoffrey Fieger was portrayed not nearly as smarmy as he is,
4.) Brenda Vaccaro, a one-time babe, has ballooned into morbid obesity,
5.) All in all, it was fair. The real prosecutor, et al., were interviewed on Detroit's WJR this a.m. and most agreed that the film was about 75% accurate.

That said, what Dr. Jack did was admirable ... IMHO of course.
The irascible old curmudgeon just doesn't care what anyone thinks about anything.
I think it was his personality that was his ultimate undoing - oh, and going on 60 Minutes and filming an assisted suicide. Not too smart.

Re: Dr. Jack Kevorkian & HBO
Post by johnflorida on Apr 25, 2010, 6:25pm

I watchet it but I got the impression that he was a little to clean in all of it. I see what he did as not being that bad. But I would have been a little more at ease if other MDs were there to go along rather than he taking the(the way it was presented)word of sick people. Just a safety measure.

I don't pass judgement on him I leave that up to God.
Re: Dr. Jack Kevorkian & HBO
Post by rocketman on May 6, 2010, 11:01am

Apr 25, 2010, 6:25pm, johnflorida wrote:
I watchet it but I got the impression that he was a little to clean in all of it. I see what he did as not being that bad. But I would have been a little more at ease if other MDs were there to go along rather than he taking the(the way it was presented)word of sick people. Just a safety measure.

I don't pass judgement on him I leave that up to God.

They couldn't. At least not and still keep their licenses to practice.
Ya see there's this little dirty secret in America:

Doctors have been prescribing lethal doses of certain drugs to terminally patients for many decades, centuries. The doctor knows, the patient knows, and even the pharmacist knows what's going on.

We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt