Author Topic: NATO jerry cans  (Read 10674 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: NATO jerry cans
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2014, 04:07:52 PM »
Cheaper here
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/us-military-surplus-style-20l-5-1-4-gal-jerry-can-olive-drab.aspx?a=984598
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/us-military-style-20l-5-1-4-gal-jerry-can-olive-drab.aspx?a=904142

Its where I got mine.  I was doing a large enough order I joined the "club"
lots of other useful stuff. Surgical kit. Bathtub shaped water storage.  Sand bags...

Have the EPA regs "affected" these cans, Weisshaupt?  How are yours performing?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2014, 04:16:22 PM »
Found this, too, just in case ...

How to Fix a New Gas Can
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2014, 05:23:07 PM »
How have your cans from Sportsmans Guide worked out?  The one caution I'd heard about the cheaper Chinese cans is that they are susceptible to rusting on the inside, especially with ethanol-containing fuels, and that they use rolled seams rather than a full seam weld so are more prone to leaking if they get knocked around.

I've been very pleased with my jerry cans so far. There is not one bit of odor with them.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2014, 05:48:47 PM »
How have your cans from Sportsmans Guide worked out?  The one caution I'd heard about the cheaper Chinese cans is that they are susceptible to rusting on the inside, especially with ethanol-containing fuels, and that they use rolled seams rather than a full seam weld so are more prone to leaking if they get knocked around.

I've been very pleased with my jerry cans so far. There is not one bit of odor with them.

So far they are fine.  No Smell. Tight seal.  The pin is sometimes a bit hard to jimmy out, but not bad.
They seem pretty solid (but I haven't thrown one in my truck to knock it about and make it leak.  )
No rust yet, but who knows... haven't had them long enough...