Author Topic: Univ. of Wisconsin Removes Bibles From Guest Rooms Following Atheist Complaint  (Read 1147 times)

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
These Bibles are donated to hotels and other lodgings because it has traditionally been a comfort to travelers. If they're so concerned about the asinine notion that this somehow equates with "establishing" a religion they could simply point out that other faiths are free to donate a religious book too.

But even that is too much like accepting the premise of their complaint. The 1st Amendment restrains the State from establishing an official religion, and restrains it from infringing on the free practice of religion. This modern notion of the "separation of Church and State" is a perversion of the concept. The onus of restraint is meant to be on the State.

Usually the nightstand next to the bed contains 2 drawers: one with a bible placed by the Gideons & an empty drawer, the contents of which are placed by the Atheist's Society.

I think I may need to borrow that line, if I may.

Please do...any & all inspiration is Open Source... :D
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.