Author Topic: How do ya like me now, Toots?  (Read 706 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
How do ya like me now, Toots?
« on: January 20, 2014, 10:47:20 AM »
Mating ritual of Peacock Spider.

Peacock Spider 7
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: How do ya like me now, Toots?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 11:35:11 AM »
Yeah.  Still not liking spiders.  Especially big hairy ones, no matter how purdy the color...

Me + Spider = Splat!  No more spider!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 11:45:55 AM »
Schwing!  Girlfriend sure knows how to work it.   ::mooning::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 02:03:05 PM »
Ya know, when I contemplate the variety of absolutely bizarre looking creatures with bizarre behaviors, and then contemplate my love for science-fiction, it strikes me that there is no creature ever fully conceived in the mind that minimizes the wonder of creatures that actually exist.

In regard to the miracle of life, reality can be every bit as fascinating as the imagination.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 07:27:55 PM »
What's really odd is I've witnessed the same behavior by males in barrooms.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 09:33:23 PM »
Yeah.  Still not liking spiders.  Especially big hairy ones, no matter how purdy the color...

Me + Spider = Splat!  No more spider!

Oh, do I ever hear that!  Not watching the vid.  Nope, no way.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 10:24:43 PM »
Yeah I'm a certified arachnophobe. Regular insect bugs don't bother me much, but spiders -- no way. Oddly enough, there are certain types of spider that don't make my skin crawl quite as much. The furry little jumping spiders like the one in this video seem rather non-threatening. The big black and yellow writing spiders are kind of cool, they don't really bother me. And those little spiders with the really long legs, cellar spiders, they for some reason love to build webs in the corner of the ceiling of my bathroom yet they don't really bother me. Cellar spiders are known to be quite efficient predators of other spiders, so maybe that's why I tolerate them.  Any other kind of spider though, hasta la vista.

And my tolerance for the above few exceptions in no way implies that I would be cool with one crawling near me. Their end of the agreement requires them to stay put.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly