Author Topic: A woman’s thoughts on Lone Survivor  (Read 1349 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
A woman’s thoughts on Lone Survivor
« on: January 21, 2014, 10:37:36 AM »
A woman’s thoughts on Lone Survivor. And a message to candy-ass liberals.
Written by Michele Hickford, Editor-in-Chief on January 19, 2014

I saw Lone Survivor today. I wept. I’m a female, I can do that sort of thing in public.

Here’s why I wept.

In the first few minutes of the film, watching the Navy SEALS train, I turned to my friends and said what a travesty it would be if the physical requirements were ever adjusted downwards to accommodate women – or anyone who could not meet them for that matter, regardless of gender or orientation. These men, these warriors, are elite for a reason. They are capable of doing things very few can. That’s the way we want and need them to be.

I wept for the mothers, wives, sisters, fathers, brothers and friends of the beautiful, strong and healthy warriors who gave everything to defend the freedoms of this nation, and of others they would never know.

I wept for the people of Afghanistan who are not supporters of the Taliban. Those who can only dream of a different life. Who even in the best of times must eke out their existence in the harshest of conditions. Who will never know the comfort and liberty we do. For the women who will never have the choices I have, and the freedom to chart their own course. Perhaps it is an accident of birth. In some respects, I felt that about Marcus Luttrell himself. It was an accident of fate that he survived and others did not. Such is life, and only God knows the plan for each of us.

But most of all, I wept in anger. I am overcome with rage at the elected politicians who have never served their country in uniform, never seen battle and yet make decisions that affect the life and death of their fellow citizens.

I am so angry that our rules of engagement, made in courtrooms by people whose personal agenda has nothing to do with victory, restrict the ability of our military to do the thing we send them into battle to do: fight.

http://allenbwest.com/2014/01/womans-thoughts-lone-survivor-message-candy-ass-liberals/#DAwpEu6p2qrx2eHR.99
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: A woman’s thoughts on Lone Survivor
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 11:36:26 AM »
"I am however thankful this film was made, and somewhat surprised Hollywood allowed it. Pardon my candor, but I hope every candy-ass liberal can take a few minutes away from the exertions of Kanye West and Lady Gaga, look beyond themselves and their concern for polar bears and baby harp seals, and understand what real sacrifice, real pain, real effort and real honor truly is."

Amen!

If that is the takeaway most come away with it then Marcus and those who helped make the film will have succeeded!   ::clapping::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 11:38:15 AM »
If the film's a smashing success, it still won't get recognized by the Hollyweird wonks.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 11:54:59 AM »
If the film's a smashing success, it still won't get recognized by the Hollyweird wonks.

I think what Hollywierd thinks of the movie is totally irrelevant to those who made the film. At least I would hope.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 12:02:41 PM »

I think what Hollywierd thinks of the movie is totally irrelevant to those who made the film. At least I would hope.

It isn't.

It is to show what honor and sacrifice really looks like...not that pontificated bloviating bullshyt that pours out of progressive yaps and means absolutely nothing...

The award they seek is to provide a stark contrast between them and those completely opposite them!

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 12:22:48 PM »
From OC's post;

It was an accident of fate that he survived and others did not. Such is life, and only God knows the plan for each of us.

I saw two great TV documentaries last night  - the first about Pearl Harbor and the other about D-Day.  Both actual footage cleaned up and digitized, which brought this into better focus.  One of the survivors from Pearl Harbor and another from D-Day admitted they blamed themselves for years and questioned 'why' they lived through the battles, when all around people were dying.
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 08:39:07 PM »
From OC's post;

It was an accident of fate that he survived and others did not. Such is life, and only God knows the plan for each of us.

I saw two great TV documentaries last night  - the first about Pearl Harbor and the other about D-Day.  Both actual footage cleaned up and digitized, which brought this into better focus.  One of the survivors from Pearl Harbor and another from D-Day admitted they blamed themselves for years and questioned 'why' they lived through the battles, when all around people were dying.

I've seen similar interviews with the same results.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 07:39:38 AM »
From OC's post;

I've seen similar interviews with the same results.

Yup.  Survivors bear a burden...but if they lived as a direct result of the actions of one or more buddies around them and their buddy dies as a result, that burden magnifies exponentially.