Author Topic: Tone  (Read 551 times)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Tone
« on: January 22, 2014, 09:25:45 AM »
Florida Republican in Deep Trouble for Agreeing President Obama Should Be Hanged for Treason

Just throwing this out there.  Not gonna agree with it, but would certainly not ever say our elected leaders are above the people, when it comes to applying the laws that are on the books.

I will predict one thing.  You will be hearing more along these lines.  It's where this country is headed. 

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Tone
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 09:50:45 AM »
Florida Republican in Deep Trouble for Agreeing President Obama Should Be Hanged for Treason

Just throwing this out there.  Not gonna agree with it, but would certainly not ever say our elected leaders are above the people, when it comes to applying the laws that are on the books.

I will predict one thing.  You will be hearing more along these lines.  It's where this country is headed.

Deep trouble? From who? The republican establishment?
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 10:00:17 AM »
I'm nearly giddy that this fella is Black.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 10:37:50 AM »

ROGER THAT!!  ::thumbsup::
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 10:49:54 AM »
This would probably NOT have been an issue IF he had agreed to tarring, feathering & setting Obama on fire and THEN hanging him for treason.

Context. Is. Everything.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 12:14:23 PM »

That did elicit a "heh" from me, also.

::stirpot::

He also has a pair, and isn't going anyway because someone thinks bad things about him.  But that's to be expected, when more and more see Obama's desire to assume more powers unilaterally, and Republicans doing nothing about it.  Language in opposition will get more and more intense, until lines will be crossed.

Maybe it's time Republicans man up and do their job, to avoid what will be uglier and uglier moments.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 12:16:44 PM »
“Joshua Black’s comments on President Barack Obama are outrageous,” Gov. Scott tweeted Tuesday. “Floridians expect more from our leaders and he should immediately withdraw his candidacy to represent families of Pinellas County.”

Why should they (Floridians) expect anything less than what Scott has already done. Does Alan Grayson ring any bells out their. This asshat has done very little in terms of civil discourse so why in creation should the other side look to keep their tongues tied to undo civility.

f**k the GOPe and their civility. It's gotten us a second term of a would be dictator that has designs on the destruction of this country.  ::doublebird::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 12:19:13 PM »

That did elicit a "heh" from me, also.

::stirpot::

He also has a pair, and isn't going anyway because someone thinks bad things about him.  But that's to be expected, when more and more see Obama's desire to assume more powers unilaterally, and Republicans doing nothing about it.  Language in opposition will get more and more intense, until lines will be crossed.

Maybe it's time Republicans man up and do their job, to avoid what will be uglier and uglier moments.
God forbid we speak of penalties for treason vs what will be a civil war with real blood letting. ::guillotine::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 12:23:32 PM »
Yeah, PubbieTards calling for him to bow out got it backwards, read everything Joshua Black said, nothing wrong with it all, he spoke the truth and did not hold back.  There was a time when even democrats, liberal ones, would be upset at anybody for voicing their opinion in America.  Such are the lock-step fascists masquerading as democrats today!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.