Author Topic: Exclusive: Man dies in hospital waiting room  (Read 971 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Exclusive: Man dies in hospital waiting room
« on: January 27, 2014, 02:55:12 PM »
Exclusive: Man dies in hospital waiting room
Jim Hoffer

Eyewitness News

BRONX (WABC) -- Let's start off by saying that St. Barnabas is a good hospital. The doctors and nurses there save lives every day, but earlier this week, an over-burdened Emergency Room may have failed in its mission to help the sick.

A man died at some point during an 8-hour wait for care. Most alarming, he may have been dead for several hours before anyone noticed.

The patient, a 30-year-old man walked into St. Barnabas Hospital's Emergency Room Sunday night around 10 p.m. complaining about a rash. His vitals were taken and he was told to sit in the packed waiting room until his name was called. At 6:40 the next morning, he was found by a security guard, dead in a waiting room chair.

"He was found stiff blue and cold." "He was there for a while," said a hospital worker.

Hoffer: How can that be in a major hospital in NYC?

ER Worker: "There's no policy in place to check the waiting room to see if people waiting to be seen are still there or still alive."

The Emergency Room employee who requested anonymity for fear of retaliation was working that night and says there's one reason the patient died and was dead for several hours just feet from doctors and nurses.

"I'm saying he died because not enough staff to take care of the number of patients we see each day. We need more staff at St Barnabas hospital," he said.

EMPATHIS mine.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/investigators&id=9404603
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Exclusive: Man dies in hospital waiting room
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 03:01:24 PM »
Mo money, mo staff, mo gubmint, mo, mo, mo!

This will only increase once O'TardCare is in full force...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 03:03:16 PM »

How right you are....
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 03:04:37 PM »

You bet it will! The full service hospital from which my wife retired has now become an outpatient care ONLY facility.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 03:42:08 PM »
If anybody thinks any hospital system will be getting rid of its Diversity Coordinators to free up money for actual care providers, forget it. If anything, Obamacare probably mandates more of those.  The Bitter Half had a pretty cushy $300k no-show job at a hospital in Chicago you know.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 10:26:32 PM »
If anybody thinks any hospital system will be getting rid of its Diversity Coordinators to free up money for actual care providers, forget it. If anything, Obamacare probably mandates more of those.  The Bitter Half had a pretty cushy $300k no-show job at a hospital in Chicago you know.

To shuffle the low rent sick off to the meh hospitals.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 11:49:27 PM »
This is only going to happen more and more as Obamacare takes hold.   It happens often in countries with single payer.  If the media was for real care instead of government control or if Republicans could be blamed for it,  we would be hearing about that stuff all the time.

And yup,  the U of C hospitals was paying Michelle Obama 300k a year to dump uninsured patients into other hospitals.   Image a Republican doing that,  they would get crucified by the press and likely prosecuted by some do gooder.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 06:45:36 AM »
Oh but the Pubbies have a plan that the Great Weeping Carrot says will be the perfect substitute for O'Tardcare, never fear...the GOP is here!

::unknowncomic::

(I think I just vomited in my mouth...)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.