Author Topic: The next Trayvon case?  (Read 809 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
The next Trayvon case?
« on: January 27, 2014, 05:34:24 PM »
I'm familiar with this case because it happened here in Charlotte.  A white policeman shot and killed a black suspect last summer.  The police were originally called because the suspect was banging on some woman's door in the early morning hours.  When he was confronted, police allege that he ignored their commands and charged the officer. The officer shot the suspect multiple times. The suspect was unarmed.

I'm no apologist for the police. I have very real concerns about the cavalier attitude they have and the alarming degree of militarization we have seen. So the facts of this incident need to be discovered and debated.

Here is what angers me. The Grand Jury did not indict the officer. They did not think there was sufficient evidence to support the indictment. So the DA just resubmitted it to another Grand Jury. That Jury did indict. Grand Jury shopping, anyone? And what will happen when this goes to trial and the jury finds him not guilty? I guess Rev. Al and Jesse will be sure to threaten riots and violence if the jury doesn't cooperate? And just how many times can a prosecutor go to another grand jury? As many times as they damn well feel like?

http://ncrenegade.com/editorial/the-next-trayvon-case-about-to-explode
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The next Trayvon case?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 07:07:03 AM »
There is too much lawyer, DA, judge and jury shopping that's for sure.  The cronyism, nepotism and favoritism in the entire system is rampant.  The many bad cops out there and headline-driven heads of police and prosecutors often target cases for political cover, not justice.  Justice now days isn't blind...it is also mean, petty, vindictive, lazy and stupid.  The whole thing is corrupted.  And throw in Big Race-baiting Complex, the whole thing is about appeasing groups to provide political cover and generate profit off of misery.  But the slaves are too stupid to realize there is a better place than the plantation so don't go looking for much to change.

Will the real truth be alowed to come out in this case and will a jury be able to recognize truth from bullshyt?  Will it end there?  Flip a coin.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.