Author Topic: CA Microstamping - Warnings Ignored and Promises Kept  (Read 1063 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
CA Microstamping - Warnings Ignored and Promises Kept
« on: January 27, 2014, 08:17:10 AM »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/01/23/Smith-Wesson-To-End-Most-CA-Sales-Due-to-Microstamping-Regulation

Screw 'em.  They were warned, they ignored their warnings, now the companies are right to say "up yours!" and leave.

There should not be one single semi-auto manufacturer selling in that stupid state.

And it should be painfully obvious to any conscious person that the intent of these assholes is just that - eliminating handgun ownership in violation of the Second Amendment by making it impossible to transact in the acquisition and use of guns and ammunition.

I hope you get out soon Ben (same for other folks I know there!), or to higher ground...that state should just slip into the Pacific!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Re: CA Microstamping - Warnings Ignored and Promises Kept
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 09:03:11 AM »
Where's that earthquake when we need it?
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 09:51:45 AM »

It's been promised for decades, but never delivered.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 10:26:06 AM »
And let me guess, there's an exception for firearms purchased by police right? The goal of microstamping isn't to help solve crimes, it's to make the manufacture of firearms so costly that people cannot afford them and/or a manufacturer will decide to abandon an entire market before even trying.

If S&W is abandoning California, which I applaud, then that should also include abandonment of any government contracts there. Don't sell anything to the Only Ones, don't service any existing equipment. Tell them they can do their jobs with a cell phone and a rape whistle since that's what they expect of the citizenry.

Some gun companies have already adopted a policy of treating police departments by the same rules citizens in that state are subject to, i.e. not supplying firearms that are banned for private citizens. This needs to happen more.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 10:50:33 AM »

It's been promised for decades, but never delivered.

It's only a matter of time. The time is NOW!
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 11:32:48 AM »
And let me guess, there's an exception for firearms purchased by police right? The goal of microstamping isn't to help solve crimes, it's to make the manufacture of firearms so costly that people cannot afford them and/or a manufacturer will decide to abandon an entire market before even trying.

If S&W is abandoning California, which I applaud, then that should also include abandonment of any government contracts there. Don't sell anything to the Only Ones, don't service any existing equipment. Tell them they can do their jobs with a cell phone and a rape whistle since that's what they expect of the citizenry.

Some gun companies have already adopted a policy of treating police departments by the same rules citizens in that state are subject to, i.e. not supplying firearms that are banned for private citizens. This needs to happen more.

Fully agree.  And both S&W and Ruger said they are only discontinuing S/A pistol sales.  IMO they should end all firearm and firearm accessory sales.  And cut it off for everyone, local & state govt and fedcoats (especially!) included!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.