Author Topic: 2014 Races...if anybody cares...  (Read 33471 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
2014 Races...if anybody cares...
« on: January 29, 2014, 08:02:37 AM »
Once more the typical GOP asshat reveals its true colors...

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/369652/senate-stake-two-ex-gop-senators-endorse-democrats-john-fund

Voting is stupid, pointless and only postpones the inevitable...so sick of this...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline whimsicalmamapig

Re: 2014 Races...if anybody cares...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 11:33:08 AM »
I have been a little enheartened by the rising number of milenials who are realizing that a more conservative agenda will provide them with a better opportunity for their future. perhaps they will have some input into what the rino's have to offer.
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 11:50:18 AM »
RINO/AINO's have nothing to offer...DIABN (Democrats In All But Name)...just ensure more of the same...

http://www.imao.us/index.php/2014/01/cartoon-of-the-day-sotu/

http://weaselzippers.us/57-hill-democrats-already-backing-hillary/

Exactly...what   ::cussing::  difference does it make?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 11:54:55 AM by Libertas »

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 09:56:09 AM »
I have for some time now been cynical about the prospects of voting our way out of this mess. I am now past the point of mere cynicism about the corrupt, rigged nature of the process. At this point it almost seems that continuing to participate in the process gives it a legitimacy it does not deserve. The tyranny is going to continue unfolding all around us regardless of which party is in power. Might as well deny it the phony legitimacy that it gain from a rigged electoral system.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 10:21:51 AM »
Since the GOP can not sue on the grounds of election fraud why can't the people?  Isn't it obvious that when 124% of registered voters in a given precinct vote for oblowme, doesn't that prove fraud?
Eschew Obfuscation

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 10:26:15 AM »
I have for some time now been cynical about the prospects of voting our way out of this mess. I am now past the point of mere cynicism about the corrupt, rigged nature of the process. At this point it almost seems that continuing to participate in the process gives it a legitimacy it does not deserve. The tyranny is going to continue unfolding all around us regardless of which party is in power. Might as well deny it the phony legitimacy that it gain from a rigged electoral system.

This is right where I am as well.  I will not help *them*.

I told friends that recently and their response was "do you actually want to help Hillary get elected?"  Same BS every election; vote for whatever R crap sandwich that's put up or the communist wins.  Feh.

Let it burn.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 11:07:12 AM »
Since the GOP can not sue on the grounds of election fraud why can't the people?  Isn't it obvious that when 124% of registered voters in a given precinct vote for oblowme, doesn't that prove fraud?

You speak like you have standing.  The Ruling Class judges disagree.  You cast your vote, regardless if it was counted or not, or diluted by fraud, deception or neglect...tough crap...move along peasant!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 08:39:02 AM »
In a microcosm of why it is so hard to get real conservative liberty-loving candidates on the ballot in Minnesota.

We are faced with the decision as to who is best to take on the idiot Al Franken.

There are 5 people vying for the GOP endorsement:

Two relative unknowns Monti Moreno who is a St Paul guy and Chris Dahlberg who I believe is from the Duluth area.

One relatively known State Senator from Carver County who is still a long shot for the nomination and whom I know very little about other than she rose to be Dpty Majority Leader when Amy Koch resigned as Majority Leader.

The two frontrunners are Mike McFadden a local lawyer-trained investment banker and Jim Abler who I know more about (see below).

Now, there are none here that I would describe as meeting our criteria for who we would like to see in a leader...another Ted Cruz these people are not.  I am inlcined toward McFadden but that cannot be described as a ringing endorsement as I have my doubts about his stance on some issues and I am not sure he has what it takes to stand up not just to Democrats but idiots in the GOP that are mucking things up on a regular basis in the Senate!

Abler I know and have met several times.  Personable guy, says and writes the right things...but he is a true blue died in the wool ruling class pragmatic republican and really the Senate is already loaded with too much of this stuff aleady!  Jim will say what he needs to in order to survive, but his voting record reveals who he really is.  He can be really wonkish on fiscal policy and government budgets, but he is too accomodating to party leaders and the opposition and will give only mouth service to conservative and Tea Party concerns.

Right now None Of The Above is my leading choice.

::unknowncomic::
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 11:26:43 AM by Libertas »

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 09:10:29 AM »
Not in your area so totally different people here and having the same questions, but IMO a full trash can, or a full babies diaper would be better than Al Franken --- all three are so full of sh*t they need changing.
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 10:12:41 AM »
I really wish somebody would change their legal name to Stuart Smalley and run against him.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 11:43:55 AM »
That would be good.

I would also like to see a sweet young virgin (I know, it's California, but we can accept imports for House races as long as they relocate, right?) to run against Sandra "the Slut" Fluke if she decides to run for the Waxman seat!

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/01/liberal-darling-sandra-fluke-may-run-for-henry-waxmans-seat-in-california/

Oh, and FWIW - this massive boat anchor must be hung around every progressive's neck!  Even those in the GOP!

http://weaselzippers.us/170167-video-senate-dems-dont-want-obama-anywhere-near-them/
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 11:56:00 AM by Libertas »

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 12:53:30 PM »
Oh, and FWIW - this massive boat anchor must be hung around every progressive's neck!  Even those in the GOP!

As Coast Guard Veterans, Rusty and I will be happy to supply those anchors. Concrete blocks would do, also.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 06:35:01 PM »
finding it hard to work up any interest
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 08:06:41 AM »
Yeah, me too LV!

In our recent caucus night activities, the expected occured - Tom Emmer is by far the favorite to replace Bachmann as our Rep, which is good.

But for Senate the Ruling Class choice (Abler) won a clear majority...not a very good sign at all. 

And for Gov it is a 3 person race and undecided came in 4th with 15.57%, so there is little to be thrilled about here.

As it stands right now I might just vote for Emmer and then walk out...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2014, 02:35:33 PM »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2014, 03:57:07 PM »
None of the above

The productive populace is abandoning many cities and some states, leaving behind reservations of net consumers skilled in grievance politics and efficiently sopping up unearned benefits. Growth in these places is reckoned in numbers of the demanding and civic-minded, meaning they're professional voters rounded up and trotted to the polls, the trip-lever that releases goodies into the trough with promise of more to come. There's a reason it works like this.

No longer allowed to make natural adjustments, even on common ground, the cities and states have self-segregated, partitioning themselves into fiefdoms whose first duty is to menace and loot the others. DC actually prefers to have spoon-fed inmates stumbling around in a fogbound maze, wasting their lives fighting each other. DC simply won't allow the rest of us to make real changes in their cities and states. No, they're not our cities and states. Ask 'em. They'll show you cities and states and courts are their wholly owned subsidiaries art-link-symbol-tiny-grey-arrow-only-rev01.gif. They tip their hand every time some Mother Jones-appointed federal judge nullifies a state referendum or DC withholds funds to kill a constitutional state law.

It doesn't actually matter to a holding company which of their franchises a customer chooses. It only matters that it be important to us. Every few years well-rehearsed dimwits parachute in from the Emerald City and put on their Punch and Judy show, cheering and scolding and imploring us to elect this or that wizard and subwizard. They do this as if their seating arrangement should matter to us, which is all that's being decided. Voting itself changes nothing because elections change nothing, just as a crew change doesn't mean the train's going somewhere the tracks don't go. What really matters is the turnout. It matters to DC, not to the voters, it's their sole remaining claim to legitimacy.

True legitimacy comes only from the consent of the governed. Bait and switch is not consent. Gerrymandering and vote-rigging is not consent. Imported electorates are not consent. But voluntary turnout at the polls is consent. We've seen this before. In the Soviet Union, where ordinary conversation was also a prosecutable offense—they invented political correctness—turnout was 99%. Simulated democracy was the first step in Marx's communism. Contrary to Cold War propaganda there was some turnover in the Politburo, more turnover than in the US Congress it's claimed, but the direction was just as pre-decided and nonnegotiable. High turnout was taken as consent, and consent legitimized their license as owner-operator.

Voters aren't innocents, they know they're co-conspirators in a criminal enterprise. There is but one legal strategy remaining to honest Americans. Withhold your vote. Withhold your vote and you withhold consent. Withhold your consent and you withhold legitimacy. The surest route to change is empty voting booths. Stay home on election day. Not only is it your civic duty, you aren't really missing anything. Your vote counts for nothing and it changes nothing. If it did it would be illegal.
How has voting worked for you so far? Abandoning their dog'n pony show is what really scares 'em, they don't know what you're up to. Noncompliance worries DC. You may be using your time to prepare for the coming Troubles.

w22r
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2014, 05:23:11 PM »
Good find Pan. The bolded section in particular addresses a concern I frequently have, i.e. how much longer will people allow themselves to be fooled by the phony legitimacy of "well, the people had their say and this is what they chose", or what the article succinctly terms "simulated democracy"?

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2014, 07:31:55 AM »
Our problem is deeper than simulated democracy, that condition aptly describes the practical effect of voter participation - the "Hey, shut up and obey, you had your say, and you lost, get over it!" element lending pretense to living in a so-called free society, but it does not go far enough to describe the level of corruption, cronyism and criminality being perpetrated by all three no-longer co-equal branches of government, by the banking cabal running monetary policy and controlling the flow of capital or the systematic indoctrination of new generations to acceptance of the status quo as well as the further dumbing down to the next lowest common denominator rung by the Ruling Elite and their institutions and PR ambassadors and disseminators in the MFM and Entertainment consortium.  What we have is simulated democracy in a simulated republic comprised of many societal factions that make it easy for the Ruling Elite to manipulate.  We are in a simulated nation among many simulated nations.  What was once the last bastion of freedom and liberty in the world has descended into nothingness...there is no longer a nation astride a white horse to show the people of the world what liberty looks like...we are all left to our own devices and beliefs as our guide as we enter this potentially final phase for mankind.  May God have mercy upon us...but for the enemies of liberty...there will be no mercy.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2014, 07:38:22 AM »
Heh!  This is good.  Maybe another case of too little too late, but who knows, maybe we can see him kicked out on his butt, that would at least be enjoyable to see!

http://im41.com/archives/46278

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2014, 02:37:53 PM »
The only interesting thing of this coming election is "how badly are Republicans going to do". 

This should be a huge year for the Republican party.   The ruling party is mired in several major and minor scandals,  is very unpopular, and the economy is still in the toilet.    They should win big by default.............  It could be like Reagan's election if they wanted and worked for it,  when even blue states vote Republican.

But yet,  nothing will really change.   Yeah,  they will probably still pick up a few seats here and there in the House and maybe even take a small majority in the Senate.    However they have shot themselves in the foot,  snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, and for what? 

Because party leaders don't like the tea party for some stupid reason.   They have rejected the first truly grassroots citizens movement in decades.  These are people that don't even litter because they don't want to cost taxpayers.    And for a sizable majority that would likely last decades,  all they ask, is to stop spending taxpayers money like a drunken sailor (apologies to drunk sailors).   All they have to do is ditch a few RINO's and you get the House, Senate and White House. 

Conservatives are the majority in this country.   I know looking at elections and media that doesn't seem so but it is.   We do need to take control and clean up this mess, but have no one to vote for.