Author Topic: 2014 Races...if anybody cares...  (Read 33483 times)

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: 2014 Races...if anybody cares...
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2014, 03:38:01 PM »
The only interesting thing of this coming election is "how badly are Republicans going to do". 

I predict that this will be recorded as the year that the GOP was no longer a force in American politics.  They can go the way of the Whigs  before them.
Let. It. Burn.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2014, 07:39:16 AM »
The only interesting thing of this coming election is "how badly are Republicans going to do". 

This should be a huge year for the Republican party.   The ruling party is mired in several major and minor scandals,  is very unpopular, and the economy is still in the toilet.    They should win big by default.............  It could be like Reagan's election if they wanted and worked for it,  when even blue states vote Republican.

But yet,  nothing will really change.   Yeah,  they will probably still pick up a few seats here and there in the House and maybe even take a small majority in the Senate.    However they have shot themselves in the foot,  snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, and for what? 

Because party leaders don't like the tea party for some stupid reason.   They have rejected the first truly grassroots citizens movement in decades.  These are people that don't even litter because they don't want to cost taxpayers.    And for a sizable majority that would likely last decades,  all they ask, is to stop spending taxpayers money like a drunken sailor (apologies to drunk sailors).   All they have to do is ditch a few RINO's and you get the House, Senate and White House. 

Conservatives are the majority in this country.   I know looking at elections and media that doesn't seem so but it is.   We do need to take control and clean up this mess, but have no one to vote for.

Apology accepted.  It's also why I favor the term "spend like drunken dictators".   ;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2014, 07:41:22 AM »

I predict that this will be recorded as the year that the GOP was no longer a force in American politics.  They can go the way of the Whigs  before them.
Let. It. Burn.

Yup.  Rove, McConnell, Boehner...they are all going to lead the GOP into oblivion...and sadly it is happening far too late in the game...

Burn!

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2014, 07:48:34 AM »
I don't listen to Rush a lot but heard some yesterday.
He's claiming that if the election were today, Pubs would increase the house and take over the Senate.

He's basing it on polls.
Except for a few Dem core groups, nobody likes anything that's going on.

Of course, if the Pubbies win, we do we win?
It's a lot like wishing in one hand and crapping in the other.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2014, 08:06:04 AM »
I don't trust polls...not those doing them, not those in them...none of it...in fact I myself will give answers contrary to my intent just to dick with them and I doubt I am alone.

If the Pubbies win we lose, just slower.  Does a Hell of a lot for motivation, doesn't it?

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2014, 11:45:53 AM »
"Believe no poll." That's my motto.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2014, 11:19:22 AM »
This pretty much sums up the GOP...

http://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=225538

Unsane.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2014, 03:54:57 PM »
Porretto too ......

Gerrymandering, party kingmakers capable of dictating who will be allowed to contest for a seat, subtle measures of sub rosa dissuasion, and open vote fraud and voter intimidation have created a state of affairs in which a sitting legislator who stands for re-election has a 95% chance of returning to his seat. The remaining 5%, however animated, can do little against that mass of veterans, sealed into power by seniority rules and a well-cultivated ability to garner special-interest support through judiciously awarded privileges, subsidies, and subventions. More, in the preservation of their status and perquisites, the veterans enjoy cross-aisle support.

We no longer have a "two-party system." We're down to one party:

The Incumbent Party

Whose side is it on? Why, its own, of course -- and it will brook no opposition to its agenda.

Go ahead and vote, if it makes you feel better. It won't have any other effect.

And I had the same argument, yet again, last night with the "if you don't vote Republican, the commies win" folks; the "if he votes with us only 51% of the time, it's good ..." folks.  I keep telling 'em our votes don't mean anything except legitimacy for an illegitimate regime and I AM NOT giving it to them.  I also heard "it's because of people like you that Obongo got elected".

Errr ......... NO, it ain't.  Or ....... maybe it is; I voted for Romney.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2014, 05:47:42 PM »
The "if he votes with us 51% of the time" crowd offer no way out of this cyclical routine of dining on Turd Sandwich time and time again. In fact, their acceptance of that sort of electoral blackmail is precisely what guarantees Turd Sandwich will be on the menu morning, noon, and night.

They may counter with "and your attitude of giving up enables even worse!", but I no longer believe that is true. The only meaningful choice I have left is the choice of whether or not to grant legitimacy to this fraud. The sooner the fraud is no longer able to hide behind some phony legitimacy the sooner we can begin talking about doing away with it.

Have you ever been in a position where you tell somebody what they want to hear, either to avoid conflict or so they'll just leave you alone for a while? Usually this results in a situation where their transgressions continue to irritate and gnaw at you, breeding resentments, and when you finally broach the subject they hit back with this indignant surprise, citing your own previous failure to say anything as proof that you were just fine with whatever state of affairs has just erupted. In this moments you realize the far better thing would have been to make your displeasure known from the beginning, and to avoid placating the unacceptable just for some temporary peace.

I am done with pretending this is anything but a giant fraud. I am done with the false dichotomy. It doesn't mean I have the answer, but it does mean I am calling bullsh*t on the question.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2014, 08:36:39 PM »
I have a dilemma that I'm considering.
I received a postcard inviting me to a petition signing breakfast on Saturday.
It's by Republicans and for Cong. Mike Kelly, my local Rino and my State Rep and the State Rep from the next district.

Kelly has done nothing to stop government incursions on liberty, stop Ocare, reduce government spending and almost always votes Boehner.
About the only time I saw him was in the last debt limit vote.
He voted No.
Probably because he wasn't needed and was allowed to so he could say he voted against it.

I'm tempted to go and ask him why I'm better off with him than if we had elected the Dem he defeated; Dahlkemper.
And ask him how he has stood up for smaller government.
He has never come out against amnesty

I'll probably get thrown out but I've been thrown out of better joints than that

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2014, 08:46:15 PM »
I have a dilemma that I'm considering.
I received a postcard inviting me to a petition signing breakfast on Saturday.
It's by Republicans and for Cong. Mike Kelly, my local Rino and my State Rep and the State Rep from the next district.

Kelly has done nothing to stop government incursions on liberty, stop Ocare, reduce government spending and almost always votes Boehner.
About the only time I saw him was in the last debt limit vote.
He voted No.
Probably because he wasn't needed and was allowed to so he could say he voted against it.

I'm tempted to go and ask him why I'm better off with him than if we had elected the Dem he defeated; Dahlkemper.
And ask him how he has stood up for smaller government.
He has never come out against amnesty

I'll probably get thrown out but I've been thrown out of better joints than that

I'd be interested in your report, if you decide to attend.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2014, 09:05:05 PM »
Part of the dilemma is that the weather is finally breaking and it will be around 50.
I have to decide whether to harass Kelly or butcher a dozen chickens that are eating me out of house and home

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2014, 09:42:25 PM »
I am done voting for people I don't believe in just because they aren't the democrat. I just won't vote for a RINO anymore.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2014, 10:25:57 PM »
I wouldn't be voting for him, Trap.
Just pi**ing him off
I voted 3rd party last time.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2014, 10:43:33 PM »
I stand on the logic....not the emotion.  Millions, if not tens of millions, will DIE if we come to open civil war. This is proven, just run the numbers on the civil war. Yes, I think there were people TRULY fighting for freedom on BOTH sides....but a high percentage of both sides DIED.  IF there is ANY way to let all live, is that not the higher and better way? I do not wish to condemn my sons to death. I wish to stand for their liberty, true, but I do not wish to needlessly condemn ANYONE to death. That is a judgment we cannot draw back from.

So, logically speaking, if I am winning the majority, the chairmanships, even with some leftist wack-jobs like McCain in the vote, who had put men like Jesse Helms in power, do we slow the decline? Do we give ourselves more time to reclaim our birthright? I saw good men at the helm of IMPORTANT Senate committees, with the votes of men like McCain, Chafee, Roth, and others. And good things were accomplished.

I have made progress since then. Others are more prepared. And the longer the left goes, the worse their condition, as they grow dependent on the government that will collapse. 

But, if we hasten the day of reckoning, by voting for evil rather than against it, we take part it in just as much as if we voted for it. 

Yes, I am one who believes, like Reagan, that the man who votes with me most of the time, is not my enemy as much as the man who ALWAYS votes against me.  I DETEST McCain. I see better strategy from McConnell and would oppose EITHER in the primary. But, in the question of whether I would replace EITHER with an Obama Clone, I see it as a no-contest vote. The destroyers must not be allowed power to prevent the imperfect from having a vote. 

Now, do what you must, I have spoken for what I see as logic and hope, rather than seeking to rush our destruction.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2014, 10:56:07 PM »
I stand on the logic....not the emotion.  Millions, if not tens of millions, will DIE if we come to open civil war. ... I do not wish to condemn my sons to death. I wish to stand for their liberty, true, but I do not wish to needlessly condemn ANYONE to death. That is a judgment we cannot draw back from.

This is not logic, it is emotion.  Two opinions, three wishes.

Fail.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2014, 10:57:53 PM »
I used to believe that but I'm just tired of being had. These guys swear up an down that they believe a certain way, that they will vote a certain way and then they brazenly betray the people who supported them. McCain is only the most blatant example of a backstabbing RINO...

It needn't come to violence and I hope that it does not. But I would choose action over subjugation if it came down to it. Some things are worth sacrificing for.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2014, 11:09:18 PM »
It is indisputable that Clarence Thomas has been a GREAT supreme court Justice in the cause of liberty. Look how many squishy GOP Senators voted for him.  Men like, McCain, Roth, Mack, Lugar, (okay not a man, but) Kassenbaum, McConnell, Cohen, Danforth, Rudman, D'Amato, Packwood, Hatfield, Specter, Chafee, Hatch, Jeffords, Kasten and Simpson!!

And he won really by one vote. in a 52 48 confirmation, he would have lost if two votes had gone differently. 

And I can name issues that I disagree on all of those named Senators on.  But, if only two of them were not there, we would be in far worse shape now. The second amendment would be gone, among other things. And MILLIONS of guns have been purchased since he was confirmed. Do not surrender, do not give up, but for God's sake do not commit suicide.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2014, 11:14:18 PM »
It is indisputable that Clarence Thomas has been a GREAT supreme court Justice in the cause of liberty. Look how many squishy GOP Senators voted for him.  Men like, McCain, Roth, Mack, Lugar, (okay not a man, but) Kassenbaum, McConnell, Cohen, Danforth, Rudman, D'Amato, Packwood, Hatfield, Specter, Chafee, Hatch, Jeffords, Kasten and Simpson!!

And he won really by one vote. in a 52 48 confirmation, he would have lost if two votes had gone differently. 

And I can name issues that I disagree on all of those named Senators on.  But, if only two of them were not there, we would be in far worse shape now. The second amendment would be gone, among other things. And MILLIONS of guns have been purchased since he was confirmed. Do not surrender, do not give up, but for God's sake do not commit suicide.

Good God, Dave, one vote?  Yer making my case for me.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2014, 11:19:31 PM »
You note I posted EIGHTEEN votes that you would have willing given to people who would vote against YOU 100% of the time.  I DO think we should primary them, I do think, especially in conservative states like South Carolina we should fight tooth and nail to replace a 51% Senator with a 100% Senator, who stands for truth, justice, and the American way. What I do NOT think is that it is BETTER to have Democrats rushing our country to destruction than someone who is not always wrong.