Author Topic: 2014 Races...if anybody cares...  (Read 33545 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Today's the day
« Reply #240 on: November 04, 2014, 10:32:32 PM »
Joni Ernst wins in Iowa, and Kay Hagan went down in North Carolina.  So far a net gain of 7 seats for the Republicans in the Senate, which they will now control.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #241 on: November 04, 2014, 10:56:16 PM »
And it's bye-bye, Harry Reid, as Senate Majority Leader.  I hope he chokes on the news.

On the other hand, these assholes in my county elected a race-card thrower to the BOE over a hard-working normal woman who'd been attending, regularly, school-board meetings and disseminating good and pertinent info about the proceedings; and tossed out two of the three Republican BOC favor of the Regressives.  With these sorts in charge last time, we had a County Obesity Director in East Bumf**k North Carolina, population sparse.  I see a rise in property taxes coming, among other crap.

What the HELL is the matter with people?  TWANLOC.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #242 on: November 04, 2014, 10:58:04 PM »
When the new Senate session begins, I want to hear "Elections have consequences."
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #243 on: November 04, 2014, 11:18:19 PM »
When the new Senate session begins, I want to hear "Elections have consequences."

Get used to wanting.  NONE OF THIS MATTERS.  THE GOP WILL DO NOTHING BUT ABSORB THE ANGER the Dems created and hold the status quo till the next turn of the ratchet.  The economic collapse and civil war will proceed as scheduled. 

And Yes, tomorrow  I will link over to the Ann Barnhardt rant that is sure to be posted along those lines, because she is going to say it way better than I can.

The Dems got everything they wanted and they have lost nothing, and they gained a scapegoat. You can be sure you will hear nothing but the words "obstructionist congress" till 2016 WHILE the petulant child occupying the White house throws a tantrum - allows 30 Million new Democrats voters into the country with their third world ethics by fiat, nukes Israel ( or gets them nuked by others ) and then goes golfing in some private resort for two years while the ebola plague he worked so hard to bring here runs rampant. I expect scorched earth policy from the Dems now. If it will hurt you and hurt them less , they will do it.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #244 on: November 05, 2014, 12:10:18 AM »
Maybe a win in AK that put the Rs up to 8

Likely a win in LA that puts the Rs up 8 or 9

In either case that is a wave. The only question is an 8 or a 9 wave. If NH had gone R then no one would be questioning whether this was a wave. It would be down to how big a wave.

Nevertheless, it is a wave. The MSNBC people are in desperate spin control mode.

Walker is in a very good position for the nomination for 2016. As is Cruz.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #245 on: November 05, 2014, 12:44:51 AM »
So...the Rs take over the senate in January. That leaves the lame duck congress to mess things up. That includes "comprehensive immigration reform" aka amnesty. Also the minimum wage non-issue. Also "fixing" DumbassCare.

The turtle will be all about compromise. His victory speech all but indicated a willingness, an eagerness, to "get things done" with the Democrats. Makes me ill just thinking about what will happen.

BUT...tonight it's all about the sweet, sweet tears of Democrat loss.

And for now, that's enough. That'll do. That will do.

(Hoping AK will come in because I know that LA will)

Unfortunately, BO will not change. He will still be an obstinate and stubborn dumbass. A truly brain-dead chief executive. Sad? Pathetic, really. But he will persist because he is flat out too stupid to change. He cares not what the people want.

And we will NOT impeach the fag. No. We are stuck with this idiot. That is our doom.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 12:50:59 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #246 on: November 05, 2014, 06:48:46 AM »
A Pubbie wins in WV, and a woman at that?

A Pubbie wins in SC and he's black?

Pryor goes down, as does Hagan, and the Pubbies pick up seats in IA, SD & MT and are set to control the most House seats since the Truman Administration?

And pick ups in state houses and legislatures too.

Normally this would be cheerful news, but we still have the same tired old backstabbing, ankle-grabbing useless no-hill-worth-dying-on leaders to f**k everything up.

There will be no impeachment, though it is more than warranted.  There will be no ObamaCare rollback, though it is more than warranted.  There will be no reduction in the size or scope of government, though it is more than warranted.  There will be no action taken when Amnesty is declared, though a Civil War be more than warranted.

We'll get more of this...

"We are humbled by the responsibility the American people have placed with us, but this is not a time for celebration," House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, said in a statement. "It's time for government to start getting results and implementing solutions to the challenges facing our country, starting with our still-struggling economy."

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/29745c3526304357bc1a93914fbeb656/gop-steers-toward-hefty-house-majority

::facepalm::   ::unknowncomic::

Enjoy the defeat of DemonRats, but beware, they're like cockroaches, they'll be back, GOP idiocy guarantees they'll be back in control again.

PS - How did that bucket of swill Landrieu win again?  Bloody cheating swine!   ::gaah::

And Succubus Shaheen, jesh!  I guess MN (Franken) is not alone in being totally batsh*t effing insane!

Hey MNHawk, what happened to Mills?  Was all that crap about leading the polls, just that, crap?  Little rope a dope by lapdog MeDiUhh?

And is the VA race going into recount?  Kicking that stooge Warner out would be nice, that that this Gillespie clown is anything to cheer about...is this the one time Bush RNC head?

And...

Since I am in a generous mood...shouldn't we all send a bucket of KFC to this bloated ball of hate as a post-election "Thank You"?!
 ::evilbat::
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 07:17:22 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #247 on: November 05, 2014, 07:34:36 AM »
"Hey MNHawk, what happened to Mills?  Was all that crap about leading the polls, just that, crap?"

KSTP missed that one by 10 points.  I guess the same Minnesota people who sent back an Islamist with 71% of the vote were also moved by the dumbest campaign commercials in history.

On a brighter note, barely, Minnesota's experiment with Full Retard state government came to an end with a Republican House.

That being said, I feel nothing, this morning.  At most, the all out assault on our constitution will be delayed a couple of years.  My plans to bug out are still proceeding.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #248 on: November 05, 2014, 07:55:58 AM »
PS - How did that bucket of swill Landrieu win again? 

Doesn't Louisiana go to a runoff?

ETA: Yup.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #249 on: November 05, 2014, 08:17:00 AM »
"Hey MNHawk, what happened to Mills?  Was all that crap about leading the polls, just that, crap?"

KSTP missed that one by 10 points.  I guess the same Minnesota people who sent back an Islamist with 71% of the vote were also moved by the dumbest campaign commercials in history.

On a brighter note, barely, Minnesota's experiment with Full Retard state government came to an end with a Republican House.

That being said, I feel nothing, this morning.  At most, the all out assault on our constitution will be delayed a couple of years.  My plans to bug out are still proceeding.

Aye, cannot argue with any of that.  God helps those who first help themselves.   ::thumbsup::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #250 on: November 05, 2014, 08:18:42 AM »

Oh good, don't screw up a second chance!  (I wish we had those in Minnie!)  Dayton!  Franken!  My God these people are devoid of sense!!!  ::unknowncomic::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #251 on: November 05, 2014, 08:55:48 AM »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #252 on: November 05, 2014, 09:17:39 AM »
The Daily Caller compiles fairly good number of distressed comments from the DU.

My biggest disappointment from last night: Hickenlooper is still the CO governor.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #253 on: November 05, 2014, 09:19:11 AM »
The Slut loses bid for California state senate

Loses big, too. It's also laughable that she thought she could win a race for the US House and had to be strong armed by the party into a state race.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #254 on: November 05, 2014, 09:21:10 AM »

Oh good, don't screw up a second chance!  (I wish we had those in Minnie!)  Dayton!  Franken!  My God these people are devoid of sense!!!  ::unknowncomic::

The Louisiana race should be in the bag. There will be a lower Dem turnout and doing the math on the two R challengers from last night...she needs to be thinking about putting that DC house on the market pretty soon.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #255 on: November 05, 2014, 09:50:49 AM »
The Louisiana race should be in the bag. There will be a lower Dem turnout and doing the math on the two R challengers from last night...she needs to be thinking about putting that DC house on the market pretty soon.

Not that it matters. The only true conservative of the bunch (Maness) got 14%. Senator Sister Mary Landrieau and Bill Cassidy (RINO) pretty much split the rest (43% to 41%).

If you add the disgruntled (Maness) to the RINO's votes, it should go as planned. But I (among many others) are sick and tired of voting for the lesser of 2 evils. I will vote, but I also suspect more than a few will just sit this one out.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #256 on: November 05, 2014, 10:18:50 AM »
The Daily Caller compiles fairly good number of distressed comments from the DU.

My biggest disappointment from last night: Hickenlooper is still the CO governor.

Margin of Cheat in the non-secret-ballot, vote as many times as you bother to dumpster dive election. That is why the Demos in this state voted in that law.

Accutally I found some of those comments at DU to be spot on

I honestly am terrified that we’re living in the decline of the Weimar Republic and the rise of the Reich.”

DebJ: “Tonight doesn’t make me wish I had quit smoking. An early death would be merciful compared to a long slow one with insufficient nutrition and no health care, which is what is coming up. I’m torn, can’t decide in which order to cry and vomit and get sick.”

If you’ve been to Asia and witnessed the slums and factory farms filled with impoverished workers, the US has just taken another step in that direction tonight.

This election shows that a great many people in this country … are actually either morons, or they are evil.”

The only sad part is that think that its conservative, freedom based  polices that lead to these results  - and not the Big Govt/Big Business Fascist partnership that both parties stand for.. and that they actually support.

Yes you will starve because eventually  you run out of other people's money, and more government  power means more opportunities for graft and corruption.
I can't wait till this finally collapses  ( which they will of course, blame on the GOP having control of the Congress, because it could NEVER be anything they have done or supported)  In some ways I wish they didn't get the scapegoat this go round, and they are going to go full tyrant from now to 2016 - by which time it may all be moot.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #257 on: November 05, 2014, 10:42:01 AM »

The only sad part is that think that its conservative, freedom based  polices that lead to these results  - and not the Big Govt/Big Business Fascist partnership that both parties stand for.. and that they actually support.

I remember the midterm election when R's took over 2 years after Reagan was elected I was having lunch with a dem friend the next day. Oh, boy was he ever sure we were going to go down the tubes and none of the problems he thought we had were going to be fixed, only made worse. I just looked him in the eye and said: You guys have held power for something like 40 years, how is it that you never fixed anything? You had 40 years! He never brought up politics with me again.

Most of the policies the dems run against are never tried so we're stuck with the same old same old but the liberal voter thinks all the trouble lies with the fact that the other side wants to try new policies. So yes, big government policies encourage the mess we have but somehow in their fuzzy thinking libs think because we don't support their views the policies don't work as perfectly as they imagine they should.

Actually you can look at WI where Walker has shown that budget planning actually works. Needless to say the liberals are beating the drum there about how republicans don't care but they the liberals do. To read the libs' articles is kind of funny---Walker and his  party is saving taxpayers money and lots of it but they just don't care about the (insert downtrodden group here). They can't admit his policies are working.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #258 on: November 05, 2014, 11:26:28 AM »

Awesome.  Some people really have to work very hard to achieve this level of stupidity and ignorance and still give the vague appearance of being a semi-functional ambulatory human being...others achieve this naturally and/or as a result of DemonRat spawning.

::hysterical::   ::rolllaughing::   ::laughonfloor::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #259 on: November 05, 2014, 11:29:50 AM »

Not that it matters. The only true conservative of the bunch (Maness) got 14%. Senator Sister Mary Landrieau and Bill Cassidy (RINO) pretty much split the rest (43% to 41%).

If you add the disgruntled (Maness) to the RINO's votes, it should go as planned. But I (among many others) are sick and tired of voting for the lesser of 2 evils. I will vote, but I also suspect more than a few will just sit this one out.

Sad but true.

Hey, about that DC house, what gets rid of whore-smell?