Author Topic: TulAmmo  (Read 1799 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: TulAmmo
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2014, 03:14:37 PM »
Well, it's just something that I am thinking about at the moment. Tomorrow I go to a friends house to watch the Superbowl and I may discuss it with him. He would be the sort of person who might be interested in linking up for something like that.

There is no hurry.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: TulAmmo
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2014, 05:46:14 PM »
Since Glock has the same make pistol I intend to in, Sig, I'll try a few boxes.

I shot some of the Silver Bear .45 in my P220 today and I did have a few issues with extraction. I think it might have been magazine related though, because I had no issues in a different magazine. When I fired a round, the slide would only partially retract, leaving the empty case still in the chamber with the next round from the magazine partly forward.

I never had this issue with the Wolf, which is polymer coated like TulAmmo. My working theory is that when the slide closed and stripped a round out of the magazine, that round partly pulled the round below it forward, leaving the next round too far forward in the magazine's feed lips. This prevented the slide from properly cycling and extracting the empty case. In another magazine, the Silver Bear functioned fine with no problems.

I looked at several of the spent Wolf cases from my last shooting session. After spending a few weeks out in the cold and snow they showed hardly any signs of rust, so the polymer coating seems to work pretty well. 

Let us know how the TulAmmo works if you try it. I always like a good range report!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly