Author Topic: Equipment you may want.  (Read 7013 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Equipment you may want.
« on: April 15, 2011, 10:28:43 PM »
This is a hand crank oil press,doing sunflower seeds but will do all kinds of seeds and nuts for cooking oil. This is to get you started.

Manually operated Piteba oil expeller press

http://www.piteba.com/eng/index_eng.htm
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Equipment you may want.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 10:43:39 PM »
Ok here again It's just to give you ideas I'll post a couple of vids to get you going.

Pellets made from Grass

Pellets from leaves.mpg
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 10:53:56 PM »
Pellet Pro's LLC Model 850D Making Pellets. NEW!!!

These machines will also press animal feed pellets. If you live where sawdust is available you can make them from that or if like we were talking growing wheat you can use the straw.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline michelleo

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 04:28:02 PM »
Very interesting.  I'd like to give oil pressing a try.  Also the pellet making for animal feed could really come in handy with the yaks someday.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 04:34:46 PM »
Very interesting.  I'd like to give oil pressing a try.  Also the pellet making for animal feed could really come in handy with the yaks someday.

Absolutely could help with animal feed especially if you grow food for them. Not to mention you can use the same equipment to make home heat and for cooking. That's one of my things and that's using everything till there is nothing left. Even the leftovers from pressing oil is great animal feed.
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 06:56:32 PM »

It gets plenty hot.

The Pelletizer II

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 07:49:39 PM »
That thing is a menace and no fire dept in the country would allow you to have it in your home.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 07:50:07 PM »
I never thought about pressing oil.  I want one of those!
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 07:56:20 PM »
I never thought about pressing oil.  I want one of those!

There's a whole list of stuff you can press oil out of. Hell on the south peanuts have got to be dirt cheap.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 09:16:12 PM »
That thing is a menace and no fire dept in the country would allow you to have it in your home.

Yah, because I always go by what the Fire Department "allows".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 09:24:51 PM »

They have to inspect the install and the equipment has to be approved or you have no fire insurance coverage without a passed inspection.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 09:28:04 PM »

They have to inspect the install and the equipment has to be approved or you have no fire insurance coverage without a passed inspection.

And?  Your point?  After the sht hits the fan you expect anything to be insured?

Yer thinking?  It ain't right yet.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 09:36:47 PM »

And?  Your point?  After the sht hits the fan you expect anything to be insured?

OK no insurance anyway. But does that mean you want to burn your house down?Cuase that's what you're playing with. That thing isn't safe.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 09:56:22 PM »
Yeah, I want to burn my house down.  ::)

You want to talk about not safe, do it.  Don't hand me insurance/fire department bullsht though, 'k?  Anybody reduced to using that thing is far beyond that.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 09:59:40 PM by Pandora »

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 10:09:19 PM »
Yeah, I want to burn my house down.  ::)

You want to talk about not safe, do it.  Don't hand me insurance/fire department bullsht though, 'k?  Anybody reduced to using that thing is far beyond that.

If you go back and look my first word were That thing is a menace does that look to you like I think it's safe?The fire dept. mention was to re-enforce that it's not safe. Where on this earth would you get the impression that a single wall pipe about 1/4 inch thick and the the plate it uses to come out of a wall turning cherry red is a good idea?

Can you think of anything in your walls that that thing wont set on fire in less time than it takes to turn red?I won't even get into the fact that it takes so much fuel to get a flame that hot coming out of an exhaust pipe that thick and burn a foot past the end of it that you would be better off lighting dollar bills to heat you house.

Anybody reduced to using that thing inside a house is brain dead.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 10:13:51 PM »
That's better.

I don't go by what "the Fire Department" thinks is safe.  They're another bureaucracy, interested in their own well-being above any other. Geddit?  The word comes down from on high that B-B-Q's are "unsafe", who do you think is going to be enforcing that little edict?  With "data".  And woodstoves?  And fireplaces?  Check California.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 10:18:47 PM »
That's better.

I don't go by what "the Fire Department" thinks is safe.  They're another bureaucracy, interested in their own well-being above any other. Geddit?  The word comes down from on high that B-B-Q's are "unsafe", who do you think is going to be enforcing that little edict?  With "data".  And woodstoves?  And fireplaces?  Check California.

You don't know what you're looking at in that vid do you?Tell me what you think that,that thing is?
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 10:23:14 PM »
That's better.

You don't know what you're looking at in that vid do you?Tell me what you think that,that thing is?

Look, JF; I know what you're saying, but IMO you're just saying it wrong.  It's quite enough to just say only a person who had no idea of the possible danger would use such a thing (desperation is another matter, I'd say).  Appealing to the "moral authority" of the Fire Dept. or an insurance company is less than helpful.  "Risk", as a concept, freaks them out more than anything, even when "risk" is considered being in the wrong place (on the street minding yer own business) at the wrong time (when the tree falls on ya out of the clear blue).

See what I'm saying?

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 10:26:34 PM »
That's better.

I don't go by what "the Fire Department" thinks is safe.  They're another bureaucracy, interested in their own well-being above any other. Geddit?  The word comes down from on high that B-B-Q's are "unsafe", who do you think is going to be enforcing that little edict?  With "data".  And woodstoves?  And fireplaces?  Check California.

Yer thinking?  It ain't right yet.

Look, JF; I know what you're saying, but IMO you're just saying it wrong.  It's quite enough to just say only a person who had no idea of the possible danger would use such a thing (desperation is another matter, I'd say).  Appealing to the "moral authority" of the Fire Dept. or an insurance company is less than helpful.  "Risk", as a concept, freaks them out more than anything, even when "risk" is considered being in the wrong place (on the street minding yer own business) at the wrong time (when the tree falls on ya out of the clear blue).

See what I'm saying?

I'm talking about the piece of equipment for get the fire dept.Do you know what it is?If you look at the vid you will notice something about that piece of equipment. Go to utube and look at the other vids numbered II and III.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 10:35:51 PM by John Florida »
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2011, 10:28:27 PM »
What is that thing? The exhaust pipe from hell?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson