Author Topic: Climate Change...Hubs?  (Read 965 times)

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Climate Change...Hubs?
« on: February 05, 2014, 12:00:23 PM »
U.S. to launch 'climate hubs' to help farmers face climate change
By Jeff Mason | WASHINGTON Wed Feb 5, 2014 12:08am EST

(Reuters) - President Barack Obama's administration will announce on Wednesday the formation of seven "climate hubs" to help farmers and rural communities adapt to extreme weather conditions and other effects of climate change, a White House official said.

The hubs will act as information centers and aim to help farmers and ranchers handle risks, including fires, pests, floods and droughts, that are exacerbated by global warming.

The hubs will be located in Ames, Iowa; Durham, New Hampshire; Raleigh, North Carolina; Fort Collins, Colorado; El Reno, Oklahoma; Corvallis, Oregon; and Las Cruces, New Mexico, the official said.

Additional "sub hubs" will be set up in Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico; Davis, California; and Houghton, Michigan.

The hubs are an example of executive actions Obama has promised to take to fight climate change.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/05/us-usa-climate-hubs-idUSBREA1408120140205

Climate Change Hubs?

Their 1st job can be the dispersal of snow shovels...to help citizens remove the "climate change" from their driveways.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
Re: Climate Change...Hubs?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 01:09:10 PM »
"Climate Change Hubs?

Their 1st job can be the dispersal of snow shovels...to help citizens remove the "climate change" from their driveways."

That would be all that the one in Houghton, MI would be good for, and even that would be redundant at best.  Folks up there know how to deal with climate change accumulations.
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 01:12:46 PM »
U.S. to launch 'climate hubs' to help farmers face climate change
By Jeff Mason | WASHINGTON Wed Feb 5, 2014 12:08am EST

(Reuters) - President Barack Obama's administration will announce on Wednesday the formation of seven "climate hubs" to help farmers and rural communities adapt to extreme weather conditions and other effects of climate change, a White House official said.

The hubs will act as information centers and aim to help farmers and ranchers handle risks, including fires, pests, floods and droughts, that are exacerbated by global warming.

The hubs will be located in Ames, Iowa; Durham, New Hampshire; Raleigh, North Carolina; Fort Collins, Colorado; El Reno, Oklahoma; Corvallis, Oregon; and Las Cruces, New Mexico, the official said.

Additional "sub hubs" will be set up in Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico; Davis, California; and Houghton, Michigan.

The hubs are an example of executive actions Obama has promised to take to fight climate change.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/05/us-usa-climate-hubs-idUSBREA1408120140205

Climate Change Hubs?

Their 1st job can be the dispersal of snow shovels...to help citizens remove the "climate change" from their driveways.

Hey....shovel ready jobs.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 05:25:24 PM »
I would comment,  but I have another 6 inches of global warming to shovel....

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 11:12:17 PM »
Hub a dub dub.....3 libs in the tub.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 07:13:55 AM »
I hope that tub is filled with fossil fuel and old tires and you're standing there sporting a match and a smile!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 08:28:12 AM »
So Poli Sci retards handing out pamphlets will change the weather?

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 10:01:46 AM »
So Poli Sci retards handing out pamphlets will change the weather?

They're looking/hoping to change the whether...

..."whether" or not we totally trash the Constitution & go full bore commie.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 11:17:52 AM »
So, hubs = gathering points for smelly brain-dead slacker types, eh?

::thinking::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.