Author Topic: Hollywood Heroes of Yesteryear  (Read 6618 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Re: Hollywood Heroes of Yesteryear
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2014, 01:28:17 PM »
Oddly, even the lefties joined the military back then.

I know. When was that corner turned?

Vietnam.

Robert Stack is on there twice, too.

I'll amend it. Thanks!
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline OldSailor

• The world is sick and getting sicker.
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2014, 12:04:00 PM »
I'll add Palmer.

Fred Rodgers is an urban legend.

Hmmm, then obviously the rumor that was floating around for a while that he had served as a Naval Officer is false also.  Frankly I knew officers with similar soft spoken mannerisms and thought he could fit the role.

Thanks shipmate.
"In it's most basic form the right to keep and bear arms is nothing less than the right to maintain the means of one's own self-defense. If a man chooses not to arm himself, that is his choice and right. It is NOT his right to force his choice upon me." - Me

Offline OldSailor

• The world is sick and getting sicker.
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2014, 12:06:41 PM »
Just as a bit of trivia, Ernest Borgnine (LCDR McHale of McHale's Navy fame) received an honorary promotion to Chief Gunners Mate (Guns) a year or two prior to his passing.
"In it's most basic form the right to keep and bear arms is nothing less than the right to maintain the means of one's own self-defense. If a man chooses not to arm himself, that is his choice and right. It is NOT his right to force his choice upon me." - Me

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2014, 01:24:12 PM »
There was also a story floating around a few years ago about Fred Rogers being one tough Marine during WWII and ....... his reason for wearing the long sleeved sweaters -- his arms were full of tatoo's and he didn't want the little ones to see them.   ::whatgives::
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday