Author Topic: 70% of TX illegals receiving welfare  (Read 2448 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
70% of TX illegals receiving welfare
« on: April 16, 2011, 03:28:17 AM »
Could this really be happening in America?
A new study says 70% of illegal aliens in Texas are on welfare.
Chron.com reported, via Free Republic:

Thirteen years after Congress overhauled the American welfare system, 57 percent of immigrants with children — those in the country legally or not — use at least one government, welfare program according to a report released Tuesday by the Center for Immigration Studies.
    Immigration logo 125.jpg

In comparison, 39 percent of native-born Americans with children are signed up for welfare, the report found.

In Texas, 54 percent of legal immigrants and 70 percent of illegal immigrants receive welfare assistance, with illegal immigrants generally receiving benefits on behalf of their U.S.-born children, according to the study, written by a think tank that favors reducing immigration into the U.S.

Overall, Texas tied with California and New York for the second highest immigrant welfare rates behind Arizona.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

Re: 70% of TX illegals receiving welfare
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 11:50:36 AM »
My baby is an anchor baby baby and she makes me money too.

Don't the libertines have specified groups to pigeonhole these people and sigh 'em up. Get on the team then citizenize them and motorvotem.

Utopia!

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 09:30:28 AM »
what wrong with the other 30%?

apparently the lefties have failed to reach them all and may need federal money to expand their outreach

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 11:59:30 AM »
The fact that non-citizens are even considered eligible for any taxpayer funded... anything.... is just unconscionable. In a sane society, illegal aliens would be treated so harshly that they never bothered trying to enter illegally in the first place.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 02:13:48 PM »
what wrong with the other 30%?

apparently the lefties have failed to reach them all and may need federal money to expand their outreach

They're waiting to be notified that they qualify.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie