Author Topic: Maher Jokes About a ‘Mass Shooting’ at Country Music Awards  (Read 1340 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Hysterically funny, he is.  Not.

... Taking a swipe at conservatives on gun control, liberal comic Bill Maher joked that a mass shooting should take place at the Country Music Awards.

“Now that liberals have forwarded their agenda by inserting a mass gay wedding into the Grammys, conservatives must match them tit-for-tat by having a mass shooting at the Country Music Awards,” Maher said Friday during his HBO program, “Real Time with Bill Maher.”

... Maher, a vocal proponent of gun control, has frequently lambasted conservatives and the Republican Party on the issue of firearms, having previously called them “gun nuts.”

Maher also slammed Congress last spring, specifically Democrats, who he said were weak on the debate of gun control after a push to ban assault weapons ultimately shifted to background checks.

“I’m sorry, but this is the problem with the gun debate is that it’s a constant center-right debate. There’s no left in this debate. Everyone on the left is so afraid to say what should be said which is, ‘The Second Amendment is bulls-—,’” Maher said at the time.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Re: Maher Jokes About a ‘Mass Shooting’ at Country Music Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 01:27:28 PM »
Maher is just as funny as always thought he was.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 06:00:05 PM »
Never mind that the country music awards would be about the last place a mass shooting would  occur...............   

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 07:18:57 AM »
Sounds like he wants to incite something to me.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 08:51:01 AM »
Sounds like he wants to incite something to me.

I hope he decides to undertake the effort himself. I predict 41  shots fired before Maher goes down; One bullet in an innocent victim and  Maher shot 40 time by bystanders responding.  You couldn't ask for a better demonstration of why citizens carrying is a good idea.