Author Topic: Super Bowl  (Read 3770 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Super Bowl
« on: February 02, 2014, 03:25:23 PM »
The day of hype has arrived.

If you care, which team do you want to win? 49ers or Seahawks?

I'd prefer the 49ers; I just don't like the Seahawks. But all I really want is the right numbers for the pools I'm in!

The media hype repeats lies about this Super Bowl. They say it's the first one ever played in an outdoor stadium.

LIES!!!!!!!!! It appears that 21 of the first 27 were played in outdoor stadiums.

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/history
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Re: Super Bowl
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 03:42:19 PM »
I assure you, OC, the 49ers will not win today
Guaranteed

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 04:07:17 PM »
Since I don't follow pro sports, I'm waiting for the commercials.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 05:25:41 PM »
A friends mother died Thursday so it's off to the funeral home,  should be back to see the second half.  Hope the Bronco's and Manning beat the snot outta the Seahawks, even though there's only 2 1/2 points in favor of Denver, we can always hope.

The day of hype has arrived.

If you care, which team do you want to win? 49ers or Seahawks?

I'd prefer the 49ers; I just don't like the Seahawks. But all I really want is the right numbers for the pools I'm in!

The media hype repeats lies about this Super Bowl. They say it's the first one ever played in an outdoor stadium.

LIES!!!!!!!!! It appears that 21 of the first 27 were played in outdoor stadiums.

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/history

XVI was at the Silverdome [enclosed] in Pontiac MI - 49er's beat the Bengals -  and when they played in New Orleans the Superdome is enclosed.  Can't say about all the rest - Do know the first two with Green Bay were outdoors.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 10:18:30 PM by rustybayonet »
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 07:07:00 PM »
Did you see the Coke commercial? With "America The Beautiful" in 10 different languages? This country is so finished.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 09:35:43 PM »
Well...that was a suckfest.

It quickly became a comedy show at the party I attended.

Only good thing to come out of it...a commercial indicating that Jack Bauer is coming back to Fox.

Other than that, total suckfest. I wouldn't have minded if Denver had lost in a reasonably close game. Really, I would have been okay with a loss under those circumstances. I have to wonder if the entire team was passing a bong around before the game started. I have to wonder if several of the players had been blackmailed or bought off by the mob. Because this was not the team that earned the right to be there.

Totally embarrassing. I hope a lot of people get fired. But in the age of Obama they will probably get raises and promotions.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 10:17:10 PM »
That screw up by the Broncos at the beginning really set the tone for rest of the game.
You could see that Denver was almost playing in slow mo

Denver had the Super Bowl jitters.
I really hate to admit that Pete Carroll is a hell of a coach

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 10:22:21 PM »
So much for my hope of Bronco's and Manning beating the snot outta the Seahawks.  Total reverse of snot beaters - in the future I guess if you want to bet, ask me, then go the opposite way.   ::gaah:: ::cussing::
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 11:15:25 PM »
What can you say about a Superbowl where an ad by Tim Tebow outperformed Peyton Manning?
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 06:52:32 AM »
Had a feeling Seattle would win, not like this though.  Broncos looked like shyt...no worse than that, they looked worse than shyt!  I was hoping for at least a competitive game.  As it was I turned it off after the INT return for TD and stuck a DVD in, watched the old Maverick flick with Gibson & Garner...after it was over and I flicked the game back on the final seconds were running out, I saw the score and smiled knowing I made the right choice.

ETA - Oh, and Joe Willy blowing the coin toss?  Priceless!   ::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 08:12:24 AM »
The best part of the game was all the free food and beverages we had at my favorite watering hole.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 09:02:04 AM »
I may live here but I don't identify with the Seattlunatics here. And I don't follow the sport so I was indifferent to the SB.....until the constant trashing got the best of me. I took the bet one of the loudest was offering and I'm $500 richer this morning.

Thanks SeaHawks!

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2014, 09:16:17 AM »
 ;D

@iowahawkblog
Biggest surprise of the Super Bowl: Newman has aged better than Jerry Seinfeld.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2014, 09:30:19 AM »
I am a Denver Native.  I was around when Carlos was proving he could hit the uprights with a Football on demand.  I watched the Broncos go to Super Bowl after Superbowl only to have a game like this. ( ok, not THIS bad, but close)  Anyone who expected to see a good game was a fool, or a victorious Denver team was a fool. They only won that time because the other team felt sorry for Elway and wanted him to have a superbowl ring.

I was laying hardwood yesterday and the TV didn't even come on. 

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2014, 10:11:20 AM »
I expected Seattle to win, but not in a blowout like that.  Coming into the playoffs Seattle was clearly the more complete team, particularly on defense and special teams.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 10:19:04 AM »
Did you see the Coke commercial? With "America The Beautiful" in 10 different languages? This country is so finished.

Didn't watch, but here's some of the blowback:

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2014/02/03/coca-cola-super-bowl-ad-stirs-controversy-with-multilingual-singing-of-america-the-beautiful/

Comments are running against as well.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2014, 10:33:26 AM »
The Chrysler ad featuring Bob Dylan was the insult added to the injury of the game. Although the multi/culti/gay Coke ad* came close.

Dylan ad opens with question, "Is there anything more American than America?" and I am immediately wondering what drug addicts approved this for broadcast. I expect Dylan to be an idiot...he has always been the most over-rated "philosopher" in modern American history...because he is an idiot. But who in their right mind authorizes drivel like this?

The ad ends as it starts with another brilliant observation: "So let Germany brew your beer...we (Fiat) will build your car."

*I quit a life long Coke relationship years ago when they bought into the global warming/save the polar bear nonsense.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 10:36:41 AM by trapeze »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2014, 11:20:24 AM »
I am a Denver Native.  I was around when Carlos was proving he could hit the uprights with a Football on demand.  I watched the Broncos go to Super Bowl after Superbowl only to have a game like this. ( ok, not THIS bad, but close)  Anyone who expected to see a good game was a fool, or a victorious Denver team was a fool. They only won that time because the other team felt sorry for Elway and wanted him to have a superbowl ring.

I was laying hardwood yesterday and the TV didn't even come on.

A stud runningback by the name of Terrell Davis had a lot more impact that season as well as the playoffs all the way through the Super Bowl, than 'ol horsemouth did!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2014, 06:57:19 PM »
We have here in town a jeweler that made bets the last couple of years against a safety being made in the Super Bowl, well yesterday he lost the bets , to the tune of $70,000.00.  Good thing he had taken an insurance policy, damn wish I had known, depending on the odds. ::bashing::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2014, 09:45:02 PM »

Didn't watch, but here's some of the blowback:

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2014/02/03/coca-cola-super-bowl-ad-stirs-controversy-with-multilingual-singing-of-america-the-beautiful/

Comments are running against as well.

So I'm over at Breitbart slogging it out with the mouth-breathers. I have a couple of pages open including the one for the SB commercial (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/02/02/Why-Coca-Cola-America-The-Beautiful-Ad-Was-Offensive). Did you know that the co-writer of "America The Beautiful" was a lesbian? I didn't either, but I couldn't miss it since the loonies tossed that out there about 900 times!

Like as though that mattered (even if true, which I have yet to see any evidence substantiating). It's all part of a contrived polemic that they assert so that they can then shoot it down.

Dayum but these klowns are obtuse!