Author Topic: The State of Washington, DC  (Read 543 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
The State of Washington, DC
« on: February 03, 2014, 10:58:00 AM »
Obama personally signed fundraising email referring to Washington, D.C. as a ‘state’
President Barack Obama sent a weary email to supporters Saturday that referred to Washington, D.C. as a “state.”

Obama’s fundraising email Sunday for the Democratic National Committee muses that “The Congress we elect this fall will be the last one I’ll ever work with.”

The email, which basically amounted to a 115-word tired sigh, was regionally targeted. The version sent to people in the District of Columbia (which links to a DNC fundraising page showing a map of the nation’s capital) said that “we’re counting on Democrats from every corner of the state to pitch in – and we still need 153 people from Washington. Will you be one of them?”

::falldownshocked::

I wonder if DC was one of those 57 states he mentioned, or if it's a new one.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/02/obama-personally-signed-fundraising-email-referring-to-washington-dc-as-a-state/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The State of Washington, DC
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 11:32:45 AM »
Wandering bands of terrorists are a state to this jackass...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 11:47:29 AM »
They'd like to make it a state, along with Puerto Rico, for those Senate seats. I get tired of the whining about DC. Their license plates even say "Taxation Without Representation". It was formed as the District of Columbia, a place to house the Federal government and its officers. It wasn't ever intended to be a place of permanent residence by ordinary citizens.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 12:16:24 PM »
It wasn't intended to be a place of permanent residence for the Ruling Class either.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 02:22:12 PM »
I'd be happy if it reverted back to its pre-capitol state.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 02:40:12 PM »
Making DC a state is a horrible idea not just because it would vote Democrat.    There is a reason why it was done the way it was.   It already has outsized influence as it is,  and giving it two senate seats and whatever house seats it would get,  would only give it even more power.   If anything we need to dial back its bad influence. 

DC is not denied the vote,  its still votes for city offices,  for president and other offices. 

I don't see Puerto Rico wanting to become a state,  it would lose too many goodies it gets from mainland taxpayers.

Offline benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 04:47:05 PM »
I'd be happy if it reverted back to its pre-capitol state.

It already has, it is a stinking festering swamp!
Eschew Obfuscation