Author Topic: I have a question ??  (Read 890 times)

Offline sfetter

I have a question ??
« on: February 04, 2014, 08:12:36 AM »
I was surprised on Super Bowl Sunday to see the network actually have different celebrities recite the different parts of or Declaration of Independence.  I paid particular attention to the parts about how it stated that if the people become unhappy with their government, they have the right to replace said government with a new one.

Without gunfire, Could this even be done in today's world ??  If so, How would it be done??  What would be the events that would have to take place to really do it ??

Personally, What I would like to see (figuratively speaking) is for about 20 or 30 million people to march into Washington, Calmly knock on the door of our government,  Say sorry but your services are no longer needed.  We will take it from here.  Nice fantasy.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: I have a question ??
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 09:08:40 AM »
I'm going to say no. The Elite is too bunkered in to give up quietly. Physically and emotionally.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 09:17:51 AM »
The Ballet Box.  Back when Newt finally won the Republican majority in the house with big turn out replacing many dead beats, congress for awhile knew theAmerican people were fed up, so they started listening.  Unfortunately for the votes, congress knew our attention span didn't last long, so they marked time, then it was back to 'business as usual.  If the voters put the fear of God in them and stay with it, it wouldn't take much more than of 4-6 years to clear all out, and in the meantime if we would stick to it those still there would again be listening for fear of non-re-election.  But the downside is complacency and almost a split nation, IMO. [In straight talk - this country has lost it nad's., and become a gimme electorate].   ::pullhair::
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 09:37:15 AM »
Unfortunately for the votes, congress knew our attention span didn't last long, so they marked time, then it was back to 'business as usual.

I think attention span is not the problem at all.  It's the money and from whom it's coming ....... and it ain't us.

Two article links, mainly about the immigration push, but the following stands out as regards everything that concerns Conservatives:

Remember, Mitt Romney spent over a billion dollars on this last election. His campaign was very clearly run to maximize donations, not to get votes.

That’s how the consultants typically run these campaigns. They’re parasites.

I was saying that we haven’t been on the offensive for 20 years, but actually there were scattered offensives at the state level, most notably in 2010 in Arizona. All kinds of states tried to put in measures to try to drive away illegal immigrants—because they’re desperate, because of the fiscal impact it has on them. This movement achieved a real momentum, and it was a major factor in the Tea Party election in 2010 when the Republicans succeeded in getting 60% of the white vote, regained the House and only very narrowly failed to regain the Senate.

But the amazing thing was that, immediately after those elections, when various state level people won saying that they would do this, that, and the other, was that they came in and undid it!

In every state, these major pieces of legislation were not put through and in some places they were actually dismantled, with the active enthusiasm of the major donors in each state.

The GOP politicians weren't even capable of looking at the election results and saying: we need to do this again. Their only interest was the short term, keeping their donors happy.

I can’t think that the Republican Party can survive this way. It can’t have its donors and its voters. It has to choose one or the other.

http://www.vdare.com/articles/hitlers-revenge-and-donor-riots-why-americans-arent-allowed-to-talk-about-immigration

Second link:

http://www.vdare.com/articles/if-comprehensive-immigration-reform-is-so-popular-why-wont-they-say-its-amnesty-immigration

There’s a huge amount of money at stake. By depressing wages, current immigration policy shifts some 2-3 percent of Gross Domestic Product from labor to capital. That’s a windfall profit to the plutocrats of $300-$450 billion a year.

And remember, the Amnesty/Immigration Surge bill could triple legal immigration. So we could be looking at a diversion of income to the plutocrats amounting to more than a trillion dollars.

This is a looting of the U.S. economy that can only be compared to the Russian oligarchs’ theft of assets as the Soviet Union collapsed.

The ballet (sic) box is a dead option, asfaic.

eta:  H/T http://www.woodpilereport.com/
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 10:15:31 AM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 10:07:21 AM »
The stock answer to any comparisons with the Founders and their time is something along the lines of "yeah, well they were rebelling against an unelected King and a Parliament they had no representation in. We have open elections now, you can't talk about revolutions and overthrows just because you're not getting what you want. The people have spoken and they want more government, not less. Deal with it teabaggers."

Too many people have accepted the premise that a majority vote grants automatic legitimacy, even some people who disagree with the outcome nevertheless act as if they'd be a sore loser if they were to reject its legitimacy. Natural rights are not on the ballot.

The Communist Party always won elections in the USSR too.  Saddam Hussein always won 99% of the vote in Iraq. "Oh, those were obviously rigged one-party elections, don't be absurd!"  Yeah. And our elections are open, transparent, and totally free from manipulation.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 11:05:03 AM »
. . .
Without gunfire, Could this even be done in today's world ??  If so, How would it be done??  What would be the events that would have to take place to really do it ??
. . .

This is why the Left and Establishment types hate the Second Amendment so.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 12:10:35 PM »
I like majority rule.  My AR has more rounds than Joe Biden's shotgun.  I win!   ;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.