Author Topic: Heals in 15 seconds is overstatement, but interesting nonetheless!  (Read 892 times)

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
http://betabeat.com/2014/02/this-high-tech-injection-heals-gunshot-wounds-in-15-seconds/

<An Oregon based startup might have revolutionized the way we heal gunshot wounds.

Startup RevMedx, which develops products for military medics and members of the emergency services, has created a device that can heal a gunshot wound in 15 seconds, Popular Science reports. The device is called XStat, and its creators are hoping the FDA will approve it for use by medical professionals.

XStat consists of an applicator filled with dozens of tiny sponges that soak up a ton of blood when injected into an open wound. It’s kind of like a tampon for bullet wounds, we guess.

And those pesky little sponges won’t get lodged and lost in your body forever. They’re marked with something called a “radiopaque marker,” which means they’ll show up on an x-ray when the victim reaches the hospital.

Currently, military medics and civilian first responders typically use gauze to heal gunshot wounds—a process that’s apparently painful as hell, and not particularly efficient. “A medic must pack gauze directly into the wound cavity, sometimes as deep as 5 inches into the body, to stop bleeding from an artery,” Popular Science explains. “It’s an agonizing process that doesn’t always work—if bleeding hasn’t stopped after three minutes of applying direct pressure, the medic must pull out all the gauze and start over again.” Nice.

Read more at http://betabeat.com/2014/02/this-high-tech-injection-heals-gunshot-wounds-in-15-seconds/#ixzz2sPC4RFlR
Follow us: @betabeat on Twitter | betabeatNYO on Facebook
>
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Heals in 15 seconds is overstatement, but interesting nonetheless!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 10:01:17 PM »
Interesting tech, not sure in a SHTF world (my focus) it would do more than prolong life a bit longer, not a big fan of having that stuffed into a sensitive wound (cue Bill Murray death rattle in "Zombieland") and umm, having it extracted for another go?  Ugh.  Maybe just finish me off!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.