Author Topic: Most intelligent thing I heard today, was from a GUEST host on radio!  (Read 966 times)

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
The essence of the statement was, < what if George Washington was not there....what if John Boehner was the General of the time?????  What would have happened?> (not a direct quote) so it becomes clear quickly that there is no hill to fight on, no risk to take, no people to motivate....and no freedom to achieve. 

Washington was a leader. Boehner is possibly a good man, perhaps as good as ANY of the Union Generals that Lincoln fired. I would rather have the brash drunken, General Grant. But, if God has mercy, we can find a Washington. A strategist, a farmer, a man willing to endure, a man willing to stand alone upon the right high ground, and a man wise enough to LEAD. 

God help us all.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Most intelligent thing I heard today, was from a GUEST host on radio!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 09:20:59 PM »
Which host? Was it Mark Steyn filling in for Rush?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 10:10:46 PM »
Yeah, Steyn.

Boehner is more akin to Benedict Arnold.

And we'll probably make the same mistake and not have him properly adjudicated for his treason.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 08:05:13 AM »
Most intelligent thing I heard today, was from a GUEST host on radio!

Of course, the first thing I though of was Steyn.  That happens a lot with him.